+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Age Limit for Student Visa

chelda

Jan 16, 2018
Hello Wise minds,

Please I need guidance. My in-law(a Nigerian) intends to apply for a 2years Diploma program in Canada however she is 31years Old. She never graduated from the University or College but she has been working all these years.

What are her chances of getting admission (and which colleges) and study visa?

aayushthapa

Feb 25, 2018
Hi, I am 36 and I got admission from a college in Canada recently for diploma in business administration of 1 year duration. I have an experience of working as a medical transcriptionist for 8 or so years until now and I finished B.Sc. B.Ed. in 2005.

So I wanted to know whether I am going in a right way or not. Because some are saying that I need to apply for PG diploma or PG course rather than a diploma. But I had already applied for it and got admission. Moreover, it is a 1 year program which includes work practicum of 8 weeks and I thought it would give me work experience as well and being 1 year program I can finish it soon instead of 2 years in a PG program which would cost me time and money also.

So please help me with your suggestion regarding my above concern. Thank you very much..
There are lots of PG courses with co-op which helps you to gain experience as well and it would help to be eligible for PSW of maximum period of 3 years, i guess.So in my view, it would have been better, if you have taken PG course.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are lots of PG courses with co-op which helps you to gain experience as well and it would help to be eligible for PSW of maximum period of 3 years, i guess.So in my view, it would have been better, if you have taken PG course.
Can't take a post-graduate (PG) course if she has no college/university degree. I would imagine it will be difficult but not impossible. Depends on her marks, work experience, reason for wanting to study, IELTS score, financial ability, etc

Hari9966

Mar 23, 2018
This information is incorrect. I'm a 51-year old retiree (I'm the guy Leon referred to in post #3, above) and am currently attending Langara College in Vancouver on a study permit. I'm enrolled in a 2-year Diploma program and have no prior post-secondary eduction. I recently changed to a Diploma with Co-op program. My wife (age 53) is accompanying me and has a spousal open work permit, and I recently applied for and received 2 work permits for 1) co-op, and 2) off-campus employment. Neither of us has used our work permits (except for the Co-op permit) but we wanted the option and flexibility "just-in-case".

Hari9966

Mar 23, 2018
Can't take a post-graduate (PG) course if she has no college/university degree. I would imagine it will be difficult but not impossible. Depends on her marks, work experience, reason for wanting to study, IELTS score, financial ability, etc
Hello sir I want to talk to you regarding my student Vissa I am 28 years old please reply me my mail id dhadel.hari18@gmail.com

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just wanted to clarify because there are 2 threads together and I am getting confused. If you have previous degrees yoi shouls go for a PG. If you have no post secondary education you should go for a diploma.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your case is highly unusual. I assume you had significant funds to be able to be approved at this stage in your life as a student. The whole point of the PGWP is to get younger people with a Canadian education to stay ans contribute to the tax base of the country for the next 30 years.

Jul 31, 2018
Hi, I am 36 and I got admission from a college in Canada recently for diploma in business administration of 1 year duration. I have an experience of working as a medical transcriptionist for 8 or so years until now and I finished B.Sc. B.Ed. in 2005.

So I wanted to know whether I am going in a right way or not. Because some are saying that I need to apply for PG diploma or PG course rather than a diploma. But I had already applied for it and got admission. Moreover, it is a 1 year program which includes work practicum of 8 weeks and I thought it would give me work experience as well and being 1 year program I can finish it soon instead of 2 years in a PG program which would cost me time and money also.

So please help me with your suggestion regarding my above concern. Thank you very much..
Please let me know which college you got admission. thanks in advance.

Jul 31, 2018
Friends Could you please share your views regarding Student visa after 6 Year work experience?

My Career profile

Course & College - PG Dip in International Fashion Management (1 year) @ George brown college ,toronto ,canada

Education Profile
10th 2006 80%
12th 2008 63%
Degree 2011 April 73 % (Bachelor Fashion Technology ,3 Years)
IELTS - 6.5 (L 7.5 ,S 6 ,W,6,R 6.5)

Experience Profile
2011 - 2012 - Junior Apparel Merchandiser
2012 - 2014 - Apparel Merchandiser
2014 - present - Apparel brand consultant

done some volunteering works(Have certificates ) for non -profit textile & handicrafts societies and also have the portfolio regarding the freelance works done.

Finance details
Total course fee - 15,000CD
planning to pay 1 sem fee of 7500 CD + 10500 CD for GIC Account(Living expense)

Family living in own property,,property and land documents are in mother's name.
Father is doing business(Contractor) around 30 - 40 Lacs yearly turnover through his bank account (Have the Form 16 TDS Certificates).

Came to Know that its hard to get Study permit in canada due to my previous study gap,,My Consultant told me we can file it 50-50 chance,Could you please your views in my case.looking forward

Regards

People with more than 10 years are trying to study in Canada. With such a deadly profile why you need to fear I did not understand. Forget about all consultants. Please go to IDP, they will process your application free of cost, maybe many people do not know this..

Jul 31, 2018
Hi, I am 36 and unfortunately there is a gap of 15 year in my education .As i completed only higher secondary and couldn't complete my further education .

So as if now is their any educational course for me (especially in computers )
can i apply student visa

Kindly do reply

Regards
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

Hi Piyush, we both are sailing in the same ship, so I can suggest you. If you have not already researched about colleges, please go to the above link, you can find the list of colleges with provinces. First choose a province and then you will get the list of colleges. The most preferred are Ontario and British columbia. Go to each individual website and find a course of your choice. I heard that there is no age limit and also for visa gap is not a matter, only that you should be able to get letter of acceptance from a college. One college I found is Langara. I am in the middle of writing a mail to them. I will surely update if I get an response. all the best.

Boomyboy27

Aug 6, 2018
Hello everyone.... I overstayed my work permit in Canada by 3 months. I returned to india then. Now Can I now apply to Australia on a tourist visa ? Will I get it or they refuse it because of my over stay in Canada. Pls post your valuable comments...

valtoha009

Aug 18, 2016
Hi
I have completed automotive vocational and business management diploma from Australia in 2014. Automotive and business diplomas duration was 2 and 1.5 years respectively. After completed my study I have a continuous experience in a mechanic field which is still going on. so, if I choose bachelor or advance diploma in machanical engineering field. how much chances for me to get a study visa of Canada . Organically I'm from India but living in Australia from 8 years rightnow I'm on working visa

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I have completed automotive vocational and business management diploma from Australia in 2014. Automotive and business diplomas duration was 2 and 1.5 years respectively. After completed my study I have a continuous experience in a mechanic field which is still going on. so, if I choose bachelor or advance diploma in machanical engineering field. how much chances for me to get a study visa of Canada . Organically I'm from India but living in Australia from 8 years rightnow I'm on working visa
Given that you are living in Australia you will struggle to show strong ties to your home country and proof that you will return. Have you looked up whether you qualify for economic immigration?

Reactions: valtoha009