NeedleArtist

Star Member
Oct 9, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pakistani_lady said:
so u ppl mean there is age limit if we have done 10th or 12th grade ?
Please read my original post. There is no age limitation of any kind for study permits, regardless of whether the aim is to attend school at the postgraduate level (masters degree or PHD), undergraduate level (bachelors or associates degrees) or even a non-degree (diploma or certifcate) program. My personal case is the perfect example. I'm currently enrolled in a 60-credit (two-year) Diploma program (MIS) at Langara College. I'm a high school (grade 12) graduate but, prior to enrolling at Langara, had no other educational experience beyond the post-secondary level. Most significant to this discussion, I'm in my 50's and had absolutely no trouble getting my study permit.

Prats

Sep 28, 2011
Sir,

Its wonderful to know you were given a student visa at this age.

Sir I am 32 and have just Grade 10 education. In the last 14 years I have worked only for 7.5 years in call centers. I want to get enrolled in a 1 year diploma in Canada. My wife is in Canada for the last 2 years. First she was a student and now on work permit under Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee program.
Pls advice me if I would get a student visa.

Thanks !

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

cheers to you.....your situation is very inspiring...
to those that may find themselves short changed on points due to the recent changes in the fsw criteria may explore this stream if they are really interested in coming to Canada...

can I ask one thing, how was it in school being the most "senior" among the students. are you experiencing discrimination in any form?

thanks

NeedleArtist said:
Please read my original post. There is no age limitation of any kind for study permits, regardless of whether the aim is to attend school at the postgraduate level (masters degree or PHD), undergraduate level (bachelors or associates degrees) or even a non-degree (diploma or certifcate) program. My personal case is the perfect example. I'm currently enrolled in a 60-credit (two-year) Diploma program (MIS) at Langara College. I'm a high school (grade 12) graduate but, prior to enrolling at Langara, had no other educational experience beyond the post-secondary level. Most significant to this discussion, I'm in my 50's and had absolutely no trouble getting my study permit.

YUPPPP

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
NeedleArtist said:
This information is incorrect. I'm a 51-year old retiree (I'm the guy Leon referred to in post #3, above) and am currently attending Langara College in Vancouver on a study permit. I'm enrolled in a 2-year Diploma program and have no prior post-secondary eduction. I recently changed to a Diploma with Co-op program. My wife (age 53) is accompanying me and has a spousal open work permit, and I recently applied for and received 2 work permits for 1) co-op, and 2) off-campus employment. Neither of us has used our work permits (except for the Co-op permit) but we wanted the option and flexibility "just-in-case".
Dear Needle Artist . Can you please advise, how you were able to convince the visa issuers, about your return after studies?
i have been accepted in 1 yr diploma in youth work in SIAST (SAkatchewan). i have done MBA was working in marketing for some years but now want to chance my field of pofession to youth work. I am not employed as i want to work in the field and i have no qualification in the field... also this education is not available in pakistan. what are my chances of getting a study permit... and how can i increase my chances? any tips.

Also i am 35 yrs old. and currently not working.but am associated with a human rights ngo.

pkk_2009

Sep 11, 2009
NeedleArtist said:
This information is incorrect. I'm a 51-year old retiree (I'm the guy Leon referred to in post #3, above) and am currently attending Langara College in Vancouver on a study permit. I'm enrolled in a 2-year Diploma program and have no prior post-secondary eduction. I recently changed to a Diploma with Co-op program. My wife (age 53) is accompanying me and has a spousal open work permit, and I recently applied for and received 2 work permits for 1) co-op, and 2) off-campus employment. Neither of us has used our work permits (except for the Co-op permit) but we wanted the option and flexibility "just-in-case".
Sir,
I am 40 and want to study in canada for some course. Can u suggest me for which course, I can get admission and visa easily.

meeras0880

Jan 3, 2017
Hi, I am 36 and I got admission from a college in Canada recently for diploma in business administration of 1 year duration. I have an experience of working as a medical transcriptionist for 8 or so years until now and I finished B.Sc. B.Ed. in 2005.

So I wanted to know whether I am going in a right way or not. Because some are saying that I need to apply for PG diploma or PG course rather than a diploma. But I had already applied for it and got admission. Moreover, it is a 1 year program which includes work practicum of 8 weeks and I thought it would give me work experience as well and being 1 year program I can finish it soon instead of 2 years in a PG program which would cost me time and money also.

So please help me with your suggestion regarding my above concern. Thank you very much..

Jan 6, 2017
hi i am 29 years old i want to study in canada, for it please provide detailed information about student visa in canada and what is the age restriction for studying in canada? ::)

Smearingo

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS / Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016 (received on 06-01-2016)
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016 (RPRF and PCC from Hong Kong)
Nomination.....
CSQ-PEQ-étudiant, issued: 23-12-2015, received: 30-12-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
04-07-2016 (submitted 13-07-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-01-2017 (photocopy of passport pages [visa-exempt country] + 2 recent photos); documents sent: 05-01-2017, delivered: unknown (always "out for delivery" since 09-01-2017)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt Country, CoPR issued: 16-01-2017, GC-key/MyCIC account finalized: 19-01-2017, return envelope activated: 20-01-2017; CoPR received: 23-01-2017
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
NeedleArtist said:
your story is so inspiring! there shouldn't be any age restriction for study permit. indeed, one should be encouraged to study at any age if one can afford it and is motivated. I hope you enjoy your student life

NAVJOT_KAUR

Jan 20, 2017
Hello friends,

I regularly read posts and replies on this forum. Really found them very helpful so come up with my own question. Smiley
I am Btech CSE passout 2011. Thereafter worked as content writer for 3 years(2012 to 2015) and currently a

process manager (2015-2017 till date). Want to know if there are changes for me to study in Canada after this long gap (almost 5+ years). Which course and location or university should I chose. Please help. Will be highly grateful for your response. I want a course with a good future scope and place where I can get PR easily after my study completion.

ANU213

Feb 12, 2017
Friends Could you please share your views regarding Student visa after 6 Year work experience?

My Career profile

Course & College - PG Dip in International Fashion Management (1 year) @ George brown college ,toronto ,canada

Education Profile
10th 2006 80%
12th 2008 63%
Degree 2011 April 73 % (Bachelor Fashion Technology ,3 Years)
IELTS - 6.5 (L 7.5 ,S 6 ,W,6,R 6.5)

Experience Profile
2011 - 2012 - Junior Apparel Merchandiser
2012 - 2014 - Apparel Merchandiser
2014 - present - Apparel brand consultant

done some volunteering works(Have certificates ) for non -profit textile & handicrafts societies and also have the portfolio regarding the freelance works done.

Finance details
Total course fee - 15,000CD
planning to pay 1 sem fee of 7500 CD + 10500 CD for GIC Account(Living expense)

Family living in own property,,property and land documents are in mother's name.
Father is doing business(Contractor) around 30 - 40 Lacs yearly turnover through his bank account (Have the Form 16 TDS Certificates).

Came to Know that its hard to get Study permit in canada due to my previous study gap,,My Consultant told me we can file it 50-50 chance,Could you please your views in my case.looking forward

Regards

Nick20099

Nov 26, 2016
Normally there is no age limit for study visa

but practically it is a problem , until visa officer will not satisfied and your SOP is not strong ,visa officer will not grant visa.

Canada and Australia always welcome fresh students,

i will not say its impossible but its realy hard not easy like fresh students

moysho

Jan 30, 2017
NeedleArtist said:
Thanks for sharing your experience!

piyush21

Apr 3, 2017
Hi, I am 36 and unfortunately there is a gap of 15 year in my education .As i completed only higher secondary and couldn't complete my further education .

So as if now is their any educational course for me (especially in computers )
can i apply student visa

Kindly do reply

Regards