+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Age Limit for Student Visa

biker1978

Apr 1, 2017
Respected team members,

I m 38 years old currently have a visitor visa status.

1. Can I study in Canada, if yes please suggest or guide a good temple of SOP.

2. If not can my minor child is eligible to study and any of us parents can work ?

Regards,

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
biker1978 said:
Respected team members,

I m 38 years old currently have a visitor visa status.

1. Can I study in Canada, if yes please suggest or guide a good temple of SOP.

2. If not can my minor child is eligible to study and any of us parents can work ?

Regards,
you cannot work on a visitor visa and can only study on a course that is 6 months or less as a visitor

If you expect any more feedback you need to provide more info such as current qualifications, work experience, proposed study subject

biker1978

Apr 1, 2017
Respected member,

Please find the following inputs:
Current qualifications: Bachelor in Arts (Humanities)[complted in 2001] + 1 Year Post graduate in Computer Application [completed in 2002]
Work experience: 13 Years + in IT domain
Proposed study subject: Masters Diploma in Computers

My priorities will be as follows:
1. PR
2. My Student visa
3. Student visa for my minor kid and if me or my spouse can work in Canada

Regards,

ca.vsc.tx

May 14, 2017
Hi,

I am 40 yrs old and working in IT sector (15 yrs of experience in IT). I am interested in Film/TV direction courses, could any one suggest what are the best universities to offer the courses and what is the criteria to get admission into the course. Thank you in-advance for your support.

flystar

Jul 13, 2017
This information is incorrect. I'm a 51-year old retiree (I'm the guy Leon referred to in post #3, above) and am currently attending Langara College in Vancouver on a study permit. I'm enrolled in a 2-year Diploma program and have no prior post-secondary eduction. I recently changed to a Diploma with Co-op program. My wife (age 53) is accompanying me and has a spousal open work permit, and I recently applied for and received 2 work permits for 1) co-op, and 2) off-campus employment. Neither of us has used our work permits (except for the Co-op permit) but we wanted the option and flexibility "just-in-case".

Hi needleartist! An agency is recruiting me to pursue studies in Canada. But i'm turning 41. Is it true that there's no age limit... they're offering me diploma courses...But somewhere in the CIC website I read that it's kust 3o - 35 for International Student Program.. Help me please as I've read here that u have been in the same page before.. Can u help shed light on this..I guess ur a perm resident there by now..:)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sounds like a scam. If you are interested in studying apply yourself without the agency. I'm not saying you will get the visa but there is no need to pay an agency.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi needleartist! An agency is recruiting me to pursue studies in Canada. But i'm turning 41. Is it true that there's no age limit... they're offering me diploma courses...But somewhere in the CIC website I read that it's kust 3o - 35 for International Student Program.. Help me please as I've read here that u have been in the same page before.. Can u help shed light on this..I guess ur a perm resident there by now..:)
The is no age limit officially although the older someone is the more convincing they might need to be about their intentions in coming to Canada to study so having a good case when applying is most important to convince immigration.

You do not need an agency as you can do it all yourself but would suggest maybe posting your outline profile here to get feed back such as education level, work experience, English language ability, planned course/college and how this will help when you return to your home country. Obviously you need to be able to show you can fund at least the first year fees which will be in region of 15-18k CDN plus approx 10k CDN living.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/

flystar

Jul 13, 2017
The is no age limit officially although the older someone is the more convincing they might need to be about their intentions in coming to Canada to study so having a good case when applying is most important to convince immigration.

You do not need an agency as you can do it all yourself but would suggest maybe posting your outline profile here to get feed back such as education level, work experience, English language ability, planned course/college and how this will help when you return to your home country. Obviously you need to be able to show you can fund at least the first year fees which will be in region of 15-18k CDN plus approx 10k CDN living.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/

THANKS A LOT FOR UR FEEDBACK :) HAVING TROUBLE WITH ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS COZ SOME DIPLOMA COURSES REQUIRES VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE WITHIN CANADA OR PROVINCE ITSELF...MEANING U HAVE TO BE THERE ALREADY WHEN APPLYING...

flystar

Jul 13, 2017
Prob with these schools are they dont reply at all to my queries.. i dont know.. 2 schools already but
no reply..it's so tough to choose schools/course when you are outside canada..any suggestions? :)

Ayesha Khatib

Jul 19, 2017
What are the chances for child student visa? My son is 9 yrs old and I want him to study in Canada, is it possible for him to get visa and can I join him with my preschooler daughter? Kindly suggest.

Simrus

May 12, 2017
Hi, I am 36 and I got admission from a college in Canada recently for diploma in business administration of 1 year duration. I have an experience of working as a medical transcriptionist for 8 or so years until now and I finished B.Sc. B.Ed. in 2005.

So I wanted to know whether I am going in a right way or not. Because some are saying that I need to apply for PG diploma or PG course rather than a diploma. But I had already applied for it and got admission. Moreover, it is a 1 year program which includes work practicum of 8 weeks and I thought it would give me work experience as well and being 1 year program I can finish it soon instead of 2 years in a PG program which would cost me time and money also.

So please help me with your suggestion regarding my above concern. Thank you very much..

Nov 20, 2017
Hi, I am 36 and I got admission from a college in Canada recently for diploma in business administration of 1 year duration. I have an experience of working as a medical transcriptionist for 8 or so years until now and I finished B.Sc. B.Ed. in 2005.

So I wanted to know whether I am going in a right way or not. Because some are saying that I need to apply for PG diploma or PG course rather than a diploma. But I had already applied for it and got admission. Moreover, it is a 1 year program which includes work practicum of 8 weeks and I thought it would give me work experience as well and being 1 year program I can finish it soon instead of 2 years in a PG program which would cost me time and money also.

So please help me with your suggestion regarding my above concern. Thank you very much..