+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After 36 months: I go for Mandamus! Who else here has hired a lawyer?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoeYYC said:
Is it mandatory to have the Mandamus lawyer in the same province of the applicant's residence? Or simply we can choose any lawyer in any province?
If you chose an out of Province lawyer and the FC goes ahead with a hearing in the court nearest to your place of residence then your costs can increase significantly since your lawyer will be attending - guess who will pay for the flights as I don't think the lawyer will have greyhound on his travel agenda!

kimosabe

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Congratulations again Walitys. Gut wrenching as this experience had been for you, your sharing it here has given a lot of the people here renewed hope on their own similar situation. Thanks again for sharing, and I do hope there are no more bumps on the road ahead towards your (inevitable) citizenship.

walitys

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Thank you kimosabe, and all kind people of this forum for your feedback!
I wish you all the quickest processing of your cases.
Cheers,
walitys
PS I respond to polite PMs. Thank you.

JoeYYC

Jan 18, 2014
Hi Walitys,

Your oath was supposed to be on May 22nd, hope you are Canadian by now, and no final speed bumps were on the road.

Dasha

Mar 1, 2014
Hi , If you don't mind sharing. If one fails the exam and interview with judge or even fails the appeal. What's next? Can you re-apply right away for another citizenship reapplication? I'm waiting. Scared.

JoeYYC

Jan 18, 2014
Dasha said:
Hi , If you don't mind sharing. If one fails the exam and interview with judge or even fails the appeal. What's next? Can you re-apply right away for another citizenship reapplication? I'm waiting. Scared.
If you qualify, most importantly, if you have been here 3 years out of the last 5, and so on, then apply right away. You don't have time to waste before the law changes, then you have to wait for an extra 1 year or may be 2.

samjohns22

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi Walitys,

I wish that you are Canadian by this time. congrats. would you please provide me with the lawyer details .