+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After 36 months: I go for Mandamus! Who else here has hired a lawyer?

Xenophon2010

Jun 3, 2013
No I am not Lorne Waldman, but you can email him yourself:

lorne.waldmanATgmail.com

I find that faster than trying to reach him via his office. And yes, you are contacting him, not an intern or secretary :)

From my research, he is the most proficient and up to date lawyer for Citizenship mandamus and settling it. You can see more on his cases on the Federal Court decision database.

penpoint

Apr 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Walitys

Congratulations and well done Sir !

CIC needed that slap to wake them up. Enough is Enough !

You’re my hero !

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
walitys said:
36 months passed. I applied in November 2010.
So in November 2013 I hired a lawyer and "am going to court" for Mandamus!

Who else here has hired a lawyer and works towards Mandamus?
Please share your experiences as you go.

I have interviewed several lawyers. Some interviews were free, some not. 1 consultation costed 200$ and another one 300$ (which I cancelled). The fees for the Case quoted to me were 3600$, 5000$ and 7500$. I am at the very beginning, but will gladly report on how it will go on. Please share your experiences.
i hired a lawyer and i went for mandamus after 40 month waiting after 3 weeks from mandamus cic transferred my file for interview with the judge after 4 months i received refusal letter from the judge , the reason is i didn't pass my citizenship test so i appealed again and i had hearing last month and i am still waiting the decision from the federal court i will keep up to date with you guys.

esteem

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
medielmawla said:
i hired a lawyer and i went for mandamus after 40 month waiting after 3 weeks from mandamus cic transferred my file for interview with the judge after 4 months i received refusal letter from the judge , the reason is i didn't pass my citizenship test so i appealed again and i had hearing last month and i am still waiting the decision from the federal court i will keep up to date with you guys.
Hi,

If you have failed the test, were you informed that you have failed at the time of test/interview and get a new test date?

Or

Did you fail the test 2nd time too? Can you share your timeline and office?

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
i didn't do the written test i did it once with the judge only , and the judge didn't tell me that i failed the test and didn't give the chance to write it again

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
here is my timeline :
sent application on November 2009
received first letter : April 2010
received RQ: August 2011
mandamus 2014
received interview with the judge may 2014
received refusal letter September 2014
appealed October 2014 in federal court
hearing April 2014
still waiting for decision

Local Office :Montreal

esteem

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
medielmawla said:
i didn't do the written test i did it once with the judge only , and the judge didn't tell me that i failed the test and didn't give the chance to write it again
Experts can you comment on this.

Is it possible that a judge can interview you before actual written test (unless the applicant is a senior not required to write a test) and not after the written test only if he/she fails the test 2nd time?

mtl2014

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
medielmawla said:
here is my timeline :
mandamus 2014
hearing April 2014

i know a person here in montreal ,the judge gave her 2 chances to pass oral exam .the judge was a woman and nice.
can you tell us please the name of your judge

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Im not sure why did you have a Judge Hearing before your test?
Are you missing anything in your timeline?...Im sure CIC gives a 2nd chance to pass the test before admitting to 'Refusal'

medielmawla said:
here is my timeline :
mandamus 2014
hearing April 2014

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
i am not missing anything from timeline and today I got refusal for my appeal in federal court so I have to fill up second application after 5 years of waiting :(

shujasiddiqui

Apr 9, 2014
medielmawla said:
i am not missing anything from timeline and today I got refusal for my appeal in federal court so I have to fill up second application after 5 years of waiting :(
We know you must be disheartened, but on the positive note you now have records of stay for the past 4 years, and now things are moving faster so you might still see a better picture in days to come.

mtl2014

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
medielmawla said:
please medielmawla tell us whats the maine reason of the refusal of the CJ.

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
the main reason is I didn't pass my oral exam in front of CJ, I am so surprised she didn't give another chance and CIC didn't give any chance to write my exam like any other applicants and federal court refused my appeal I am so frustrated and unreasonable decision :(