+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After 36 months: I go for Mandamus! Who else here has hired a lawyer?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear...
Wish you the very best on your 2nd Application; please do keep us all posted on the forum.
Thanks.

medielmawla said:
the main reason is I didn't pass my oral exam in front of CJ, I am so surprised she didn't give another chance and CIC didn't give any chance to write my exam like any other applicants and federal court refused my appeal I am so frustrated and unreasonable decision :(

arkan_tub

Apr 17, 2014
hi there, did you get any update from CIC? have you hired a lawyer yet? which office your file with? mine is with Edmnton and they told me to wait until May 2015, as it takes up to 45 months to make a decission on those type of files.
I initially applied in July 2011 and submitted my RQ in Oct 2012 and still waiting.

walitys

Star Member
May 19, 2013
walitys said:
Hi Everybody,

a small update. A week before the end of 60 days-period (within which the CJ had to make a decision on my application) I contacted my lawyer suggesting either to request a mandamus court hearing on the 60th day of waiting, or to contact CJ to find out, what is going on.

My lawyer said that not CJ, but Dept of Justice's lawyer (representing CIC) has to be contacted. On the same day, the Dept of Justice's lawyer answered, that my application was approved 2 weeks ago! (No changes in eCAS, no written communication so far. Only phone communication between lawyers).

Dept of Justice's lawyer advised "to wait for a few more weeks" for an oath invitation. Hmmmm.... We'll see.

Those, who asked me for my lawyer details, it looks, like you need to wait "for a few more weeks", after which I'll share with you more details.

Cheers,

walitys

(I am in Toronto, St Clair's office, applied in Nov. 2010. - Test and RQ in Dec. 2011 - CJ Hearing in Feb. 2014)
Hi Everybody:

Thank you very much for all your congratulations, good wishes and positive feedback.
Here is my final update:

After I got the news through my lawyer, that my application was approved on April 2nd, I waited until April 26, and as there was still no oath invitation I sent a fax to the local office requesting to expedite the process and give me the date asap. I referred to compassionate and humanitarian grounds, as I need to arrange treatments for a parent, who is severely ill and is living abroad.

On April 29th I called CIC call centre and an agent told me, that the invitation was sent to me on Monday, April 28. She read the text to me, so I could plan my trip. The letter arrived 3 days later stating the oath date of May 22. E-cas was updated one day after I received a letter (I was curious and looked to see, if the thing works. It does, but slowly).

It means, that if nothing bad happens, I will have my ceremony on May 22nd.
It took me "just" 42 months from application to the ceremony. All in all it was quite an unpleasant experience, which was expensive in terms of time, money and nerves. But on the positive side: it seems to be over.

Those, who sent me a PM regarding my lawyer, please send me another one, if you are still interested in finding a Toronto-based lawyer for your Mandamus case.

I wish the best of luck to you all and the speediest processing of your applications!

Cheers,
walitys

allyp

Mar 15, 2013
walitys said:
Hi Everybody:

Thank you very much for all your congratulations, good wishes and positive feedback.
Here is my final update:

After I got the news through my lawyer, that my application was approved on April 2nd, I waited until April 26, and as there was still no oath invitation I sent a fax to the local office requesting to expedite the process and give me the date asap. I referred to compassionate and humanitarian grounds, as I need to arrange treatments for a parent, who is severely ill and is living abroad.

On April 29th I called CIC call centre and an agent told me, that the invitation was sent to me on Monday, April 28. She read the text to me, so I could plan my trip. The letter arrived 3 days later stating the oath date of May 22. E-cas was updated one day after I received a letter (I was curious and looked to see, if the thing works. It does, but slowly).

It took me "just" 42 months from application to the ceremony. All in all it was quite an unpleasant experience, which was expensive in terms of time, money and nerves. But on the positive side: it seems to be over.

Those, who sent me a PM regarding my lawyer, please send me another one, if you are still interested in finding a Toronto-based lawyer for your Mandamus case.

I wish the best of luck to you all and the speediest processing of your applications!

Cheers,
walitys
congratulations ! I am happy it is over for you. I have sent you a private message.

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
walitys said:
Hi Everybody:

Here is my final update:

Cheers,
walitys
YES FINALLY CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! WELL DESERVED IT. YOU HAVE MADE IT. I REALLY FEEL HAPPY AND PROUD FOR YOU. PLEASE PLEASE EMAIL ME THIS LAWYER CONTACT INFO. ITS MY TIME TO GET OVER WITH THIS DIFFICULTY IN MY LIFE. I HAVE EMAILED YOU MY EMAIL ADDRESS. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
CONGRATULATIONS, Walitys. would you please share why your case took so long ? what was cic stance on the cause of delay ?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!!
Wish you the Best!

Sent you a PM...also please can you share the Fax # of the CIC St-Claire office.
Thanks.

walitys said:
Hi Everybody:

Here is my final update:

Cheers,
walitys

JoeYYC

Jan 18, 2014
Congrats Walitys; you are a hero

Just look at the brighter side, if you did not file for Mandamus, your application might have been dragged for a year or two. Many post-test RQs are waiting for more than 52 months, with no action.

Any applicant, routine or non-routine, waiting more than the average processing time should follow suit.

JoeYYC

Jan 18, 2014
Is it mandatory to have the Mandamus lawyer in the same province of the applicant's residence? Or simply we can choose any lawyer in any province?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its best if a lawyer is consulted on this question...
Mandamus is a Federal case; but the file at the local office makes it Provincial...
I guess its best to choose a lawyer within the province.

Good Luck!

JoeYYC said:
Is it mandatory to have the Mandamus lawyer in the same province of the applicant's residence? Or simply we can choose any lawyer in any province?

hassaanyasin

May 7, 2014
How long should i wait after the 36 months time period has lapsed to file write of mandamus. Does anyone know of a good lawyer in Calgary?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
36 months is just an average for RQ applicants...
you can apply after the 36 months mark...

Good Luck!

hassaanyasin said:
How long should i wait after the 36 months time period has lapsed to file write of mandamus. Does anyone know of a good lawyer in Calgary?