+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After 36 months: I go for Mandamus! Who else here has hired a lawyer?

meeru

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lawyer information for WoM..Hope this helps!

Mark Rosenblatt
416-367-3176
(works with David Rosenblatt)

Costs:
$3500 Federal Court Package
$300 per hour consultation fee (will be deducted from overall cost if you go with him)

Comments:
Claims to have been a lawyer since 1989. His first Federal court case dates back to 1998, though. Out of 36 cases battled, he won 16 and lost 20. The cases mostly involve refugees (about 25 of them) and some ten permanent resident visa cases. None of them involve delayed applications, rather the outcome.

Furthermore, he claims to have some insider information (perhaps he knows that the threat of Mandamus resolves most delayed cases within a few months? which we may already know from 3 people on this forum who went for Mandamus and claim success)./b]

Lorne Waldman
Email: lorne.waldman@gmail.com
Cost: $3500 (Case settles before hearing), $5K (if it goes to hearing)
Comments: Perhaps the most proficient and up-to-date lawyer on mandamus issue. He attempted to gather people for a collective mandamus, which was not followed through.

$5K:

Matthew Jeffery
416-944-3267
Comments: He has lots of cases on Federal Court Decision database. Haven't gone through them in detail, but check it out.

Karen Kwan Anderson (Pace Law Firm)
416-734-0410
Comments: Claims to have had cases settled with CIC before, which is her explanation for why her name does not show up on Federal court database.

Hart A. Kaminker
416-840-0525 ext 105
Comments: His name does show up on Federal Court Decision database, but he seems to be mostly dealing with refugee cases (somehow this is a trend with a lot of lawyers doing Citizenship mandamus, that on Federal Court database they mainly show up for refugee cases)/b]

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi keep us inform as your and mine time line are almost similiar.

applied jan. 2012... still waiting.... 34 month almost...

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing this info with us Meeru!

meeru said:
...he seems to be mostly dealing with refugee cases (somehow this is a trend with a lot of lawyers doing Citizenship mandamus, that on Federal Court database they mainly show up for refugee cases)/b]
I've heard that while refugee and citizenship law are closely related, the statutes and precedents governing refugee law are far more complex than those governing citizenship law. So it's a good bet that a good refugee lawyer will be a good citizenship lawyer. But it's always best to meet with people and do independent research as well!

meeru

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Hi Meeru..

I hope your case is finalize ??? did you receive oath letter ?
Called them today, and the week before. All the agents are saying now that they have your 2nd rq, it's just a matter of time. I'm pasting my timeline again to let people know that no matter how long it takes, patience is the key! As well as having faith in the system! :) Thanks for the support!!

APPLICATION RECEIVED NOV. 2009
PROCESSING SEPT. 2010
FILE TRANSFERRED ST. CLAIR OCT 2010
TEST WRITTEN JAN 2011
RQ ISSUED FEB 2011
RQ INFO SENT MAR 2011
...three years later...
FINGERPRINTING JUN 2014
2nd RQ ISSUED JUL 2014
2nd RQ RECEIVED ON AUG 2014..

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
meeru said:
Called them today, and the week before. All the agents are saying now that they have your 2nd rq, it's just a matter of time. I'm pasting my timeline again to let people know that no matter how long it takes, patience is the key! As well as having faith in the system! :) Thanks for the support!!

PROCESSING SEPT. 2010
TEST WRITTEN JAN 2011
RQ ISSUED FEB 2011
RQ INFO SENT MAR 2011
...three years later...
FINGERPRINTING JUN 2014
2nd RQ ISSUED JUL 2014
Don't you think there is no such thing as 2nd RQ? What happened to the first RQ review? Why they need to issue 2nd RQ. If you entertain it, there will be 3rd RQ, 4th RQ, so on. When you got your citizenship, WW3 already over, and your oath ceremony will be held in a cold icy cave.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
meeru said:

PROCESSING SEPT. 2010
TEST WRITTEN JAN 2011
RQ ISSUED FEB 2011
RQ INFO SENT MAR 2011
...three years later...
FINGERPRINTING JUN 2014
2nd RQ ISSUED JUL 2014
why is that taking so long? 5 years!
so if people don't have money to pay these lawyers
CIC will just put non-routine applications on the table and let collect dust?! :-X

slx

Mar 19, 2014
pie_vancouver said:
why is that taking so long? 5 years!
so if people don't have money to pay these lawyers
CIC will just put non-routine applications on the table and let collect dust?! :-X
Yes, that's exactly what's happening. I for one applied almost 38 months ago and still waiting for the test to be scheduled and RQ to be reviewed, but the STIP reports show that the file just stays there, no progress.

drakef2000

Oct 25, 2011
Do we have to hire lawyers for WOM?
My file is very clear just need to be reviewed by an officer for RQ.
We can not just file a complain to federal court without lawyer?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf said:
Thanks for sharing this info with us Meeru!

I've heard that while refugee and citizenship law are closely related, the statutes and precedents governing refugee law are far more complex than those governing citizenship law. So it's a good bet that a good refugee lawyer will be a good citizenship lawyer. But it's always best to meet with people and do independent research as well!
eileenf you on point here..to add.

1. The margins for getting it wrong for refugee case law is that the person can be removed with subsequent persecution.
2. Credibility is of vital importance for both processes but even more so for refugees - usually they have little in the way of documentation.
3. A delayed citizenship application doesn't have the same impact as a delayed refugee claim - the former is a PR with mobility rights, access to social services including health care, education etc. The latter is in a precarious situation with no status other than a stayed removal order!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drakef2000 said:
Do we have to hire lawyers for WOM?
My file is very clear just need to be reviewed by an officer for RQ.
We can not just file a complain to federal court without lawyer?
You don't have to use a lawyer but if you don't use one you are at risk of messing up the application unless you are conversant with submitting legal documentation in accordance with the Federal Court rules. If the WOM was a DIY route no one would be paying 5K for the lawyers to deal with. Would you change the transmission on your vehicle or would you get a mechanic to deal with it?