+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional medicals Sputum Test

Amycaur

May 20, 2021
Yes it is! Thank you so much
Just a quick question. While you were waiting for the result . Did you inform the ircc that how long would it take to get the result. Because in the report it mentioned that 60 days and our x ray is after 60 days . And for culture it takes 8 weeks

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Just a quick question. While you were waiting for the result . Did you inform the ircc that how long would it take to get the result. Because in the report it mentioned that 60 days and our x ray is after 60 days . And for culture it takes 8 weeks
I just informed IRCC through webform that I am done with my X-ray. You don't have to inform them about the duration of the report because they knew. The clinic will send the sputum culture after 8 weeks.

Reactions: Shabahat Hussain
Jul 8, 2021
Hey people,

I think you guys are doing a great job here by helping each other. I was hoping for some information here.

I have applied for a study visa and my biometrics was done on 29 June 2021. After which I was asked to get a TB test which was positive (quite the nonharmful bacteria present in 40% Indians). Next, I was asked by the panel physician to go for the sputum test + start 6months medication. My classes commence from 7th Sep2021and I am confused. Please help me with the following questions:

1. Do I start my medication (3-6 months medication for TB) regardless of the sputum test results?
2. What will happen in between- do I wait for sputum test results or my application will be moved forward? Because my intake is only 2 months away from today and test results shall take 6-8 weeks.
3. If not, please guide me on what to do next

Your help is appreciated because I am having a hard time looking for these answers, it's like nobody knows

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Hey people,

I think you guys are doing a great job here by helping each other. I was hoping for some information here.

I have applied for a study visa and my biometrics was done on 29 June 2021. After which I was asked to get a TB test which was positive (quite the nonharmful bacteria present in 40% Indians). Next, I was asked by the panel physician to go for the sputum test + start 6months medication. My classes commence from 7th Sep2021and I am confused. Please help me with the following questions:

1. Do I start my medication (3-6 months medication for TB) regardless of the sputum test results?
2. What will happen in between- do I wait for sputum test results or my application will be moved forward? Because my intake is only 2 months away from today and test results shall take 6-8 weeks.
3. If not, please guide me on what to do next

Your help is appreciated because I am having a hard time looking for these answers, it's like nobody knows
I am not sure which one comes first wether the sputum or you will go straight with the medication. But for what I know your application will be put on hold until you are cleared and pass your medical. I did my sputum and waited for the result. It took 8 weeks to get the sputum culture result and they will ask you for another chest xray. Fortunately i passed my medical on the 2nd of July.
For your intake if you were ask to start your medication i am not sure you will be able to make it on time. I hope this helps.

Jul 8, 2021
I am not sure which one comes first wether the sputum or you will go straight with the medication. But for what I know your application will be put on hold until you are cleared and pass your medical. I did my sputum and waited for the result. It took 8 weeks to get the sputum culture result and they will ask you for another chest xray. Fortunately i passed my medical on the 2nd of July.
For your intake if you were ask to start your medication i am not sure you will be able to make it on time. I hope this helps.
1. So when you say you passed, does it mean it was -ve result for sputum test?
2. did they not introduce you to medication or ask you to follow the course of medication?

Mtille

May 28, 2020
I passed July 2 and no I didn’t take medication because mine is only a scarring. Not Tb.

Jul 8, 2021
I passed July 2 and no I didn’t take medication because mine is only a scarring. Not Tb.
Spoke to the panel physician, they said that I will have to wait out until the results come, and if I have sufficient time left to travel, they might as well issue the visa to me or ask me to apply for the next intake. Also, I have to onboard the medication course.

Thank you for taking time out to respond.

Reactions: Mtille

Erum.shahzadi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Hey for those who have passed their sputum test and cleared medical,
1. Were you informed by the clinic or ircc that 2nd xray was clear?
2. How long after the 2nd xray did you receive letter from ircc that the medical has been cleared?
3. How long after medical did you receive ppr?
Please help. So stressed about this process.

Reactions: Judy Zhu and Mtille

Mtille

May 28, 2020
2. How long after the 2nd xray did you receive letter from ircc that the medical has been cleared?
Hi,

1. in my case they did not informed me they just send me email that my medical was already forwarded to IRCC.
2. 12 days
3. I received my PPR 10days after medical pass.

Erum.shahzadi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Also Is there a specific time frame you have to get your 2nd X-ray done after you receive the results for the sputum test in 8 weeks?

reeda

Jul 15, 2021
they asked me for sputum test even for 2nd medical...they have done this one year ago too at the time of my first medical