+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional medicals Sputum Test

CindyMinion

Jan 20, 2021
Hey guys, don't worry at all. Incase your x-ray is suggestive of TB, IRCC will ask you to consult a chest physician and start your treatment. However if your x-rays don't show any growth and if your sputum culture results are negative, your medicals are most likely to get cleared.

IRCC doesn't put your application on hold even if they ask you for further medical tests. Biometrics can still be given.

I'm undergoing treatment for asymptomatic TB with no history of it. But my chest physician suggested that I complete a treatment in India itself instead of it getting reactive abroad. I've had to defer my study plans twice - once due to Covid and once due to my treatment. Stressing won't help. Just follow the instructions that IRCC gives you and everything will be fine :)

Reactions: bbm1711

Akash1215

Feb 27, 2021
Hey guys, don't worry at all. Incase your x-ray is suggestive of TB, IRCC will ask you to consult a chest physician and start your treatment. However if your x-rays don't show any growth and if your sputum culture results are negative, your medicals are most likely to get cleared.

IRCC doesn't put your application on hold even if they ask you for further medical tests. Biometrics can still be given.

I'm undergoing treatment for asymptomatic TB with no history of it. But my chest physician suggested that I complete a treatment in India itself instead of it getting reactive abroad. I've had to defer my study plans twice - once due to Covid and once due to my treatment. Stressing won't help. Just follow the instructions that IRCC gives you and everything will be fine :)
Are you still undergoing medication

Rabia01

Sep 11, 2019
Hi, im in the same situation.. did upfront medical from iom lahore on 11feb, then sputum test on 13feb, now waiting fot 2nd xray on 12may.. i want to know does it stop whole other process like background check, eligibility check biometrics? Im quite worried due to this useless delay.. since i had done same medical for nez visa in singapore n it was passed.. but in iom lahore, it seems they r using old machines etc...
Hi karan did you get your visa? Same happend to me by IOM. I am quite worried

Amycaur

May 20, 2021

Hi. I have a question. We just got a medical furtherance And asking for sputum and cheat x ray. But they told us to get the e xay done after 20th august. And we just have 60 days to get it done. Sputum takes 8 weeks. So my concern is how to get the sputum test done. Do we need to wait for the panel doctor to send the information and then to go lab to get it done. And how to inform ircc that sputum will take 8 weeks.

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Hi. I have a question. We just got a medical furtherance And asking for sputum and cheat x ray. But they told us to get the e xay done after 20th august. And we just have 60 days to get it done. Sputum takes 8 weeks. So my concern is how to get the sputum test done. Do we need to wait for the panel doctor to send the information and then to go lab to get it done. And how to inform ircc that sputum will take 8 weeks.
Better visit your clinic asap so they can schedule and start your sputum culture. I did mine on the 26th april and did last week my second xray.

Amycaur

May 20, 2021
Better visit your clinic asap so they can schedule and start your sputum culture. I did mine on the 26th april and did last week my second xray.
Yes did it already. Gave samples to the lab as well. But we are sure about the samples we gave for sputum. Whether they will accept it or not. I am still waiting for the reply from them about the smear test.. how long does it take?? Do u know?

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Yes did it already. Gave samples to the lab as well. But we are sure about the samples we gave for sputum. Whether they will accept it or not. I am still waiting for the reply from them about the smear test.. how long does it take?? Do u know?
Sputum culture result could take from 6-8 weeks. I am not so sure about smear test.

Reactions: Dolphin-wit

Dolphin-wit

Mar 31, 2021
Sputum culture result could take from 6-8 weeks. I am not so sure about smear test.
AFB Smear results are available in 24 to 48 hours and so is the GenExpert, these are the quickest way to find if there is an active TB, if negative there is no need to worry, in 99% cases culture will be negative if the AFB smear and Genexpert were negative, however, it may find inactive TB which is of not concern, and that's why they ask for culture tests.

Reactions: bbm1711 and Mtille

Mtille

May 28, 2020
AFB Smear results are available in 24 to 48 hours and so is the GenExpert, these are the quickest way to find if there is an active TB, if negative there is no need to worry, in 99% cases culture will be negative if the AFB smear and Genexpert were negative, however, it may find inactive TB which is of not concern, and that's why they ask for culture tests.
Thank you for the information:)

Reactions: Dolphin-wit