+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional medicals Sputum Test

Mlakra

Nov 23, 2021
When did you give Sputum sample
Have you given additional X-ray ( after sputum)
Sputum test results and the additional x ray done on 25th jan . and it was submitted on 29th January (as told by people in Max hospital). But since then im waiting for any reply from High commission or hospital. I dont know what to do next.

mankind5050

Nov 4, 2016
Sputum test results and the additional x ray done on 25th jan . and it was submitted on 29th January (as told by people in Max hospital). But since then im waiting for any reply from High commission or hospital. I dont know what to do next.
Did they not give u any idea about their findings?
I think you are okay else they woul have aked you to do other things.

You can wait for a week and submit you application.
What date did you give sputum samples?

Mlakra

Nov 23, 2021
Did they not give u any idea about their findings?
I think you are okay else they woul have aked you to do other things.

You can wait for a week and submit you application.
What date did you give sputum samples?
I had Tuberculosis in past and there is a very little scar because of it, So i got an email from High commission to undego sputum test and an Xray after 3 months (on 25th Jan 2022) I gave last sputum sample on 18th Nov 2021 and the result came after 6 weeks. So They called me to come on 25th to consult pulmonologist. My Xray and consultation was done on 25th only but there was no changes in x ray and the Sputum result was negative. I have also submitted my prescriptions.

Mlakra

Nov 23, 2021
I dont know if i should wait for any email from High commission or should i start my visa process. Because i missed my jan intake because of all this and i got my defer for may.

gosky1

Feb 9, 2019
Hi Mlakra, have you heard back from the IRCC. Have you passed your medicals??
I dont know if i should wait for any email from High commission or should i start my visa process. Because i missed my jan intake because of all this and i got my defer for may.

Mlakra

Nov 23, 2021
Hi Mlakra, have you heard back from the IRCC. Have you passed your medicals??
Hey, No i haven't heard back from IRCC again. Its been one month since my additional medical file is submitted and we are waiting for clearance so i can file my visa. Are you facing the same issue?

gosky1

Feb 9, 2019
I just a request for sputum test yesterday. Where are you located? Please what is your time from the sputum to the additional test. I’m starting the process.

Mlakra

Nov 23, 2021
I just a request for sputum test yesterday. Where are you located? Please what is your time from the sputum to the additional test. I’m starting the process.
I am from Delhi
and you have to give 3 samples on 3 consecutive days and the result will come after 6 weeks and one chest x ray. I gave sputum test samples in November. and result came in jan.

gosky1

Feb 9, 2019
Did you sputum come as positive? I mean inactive TB. Have you done the X-Ray and waiting for IRCC ??

gosky1

Feb 9, 2019
Hi everyone, please in a situation where the applicant is not aware of the latent TB(inactive) until when chest X-ray was done. What is the next step? I have been asked to produce sputum culture on 3 consecutive morning already but at this point I don’t know if it’s a latent tb or just a mere scar because I am not symptomatic in anyway, no cough, no fever, no sneezing at all. Is a latent TB applicant able to pass medicals with IRCC? Just in case I find myself in this situation. I need answers please.

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
Hi everyone, please in a situation where the applicant is not aware of the latent TB(inactive) until when chest X-ray was done. What is the next step? I have been asked to produce sputum culture on 3 consecutive morning already but at this point I don’t know if it’s a latent tb or just a mere scar because I am not symptomatic in anyway, no cough, no fever, no sneezing at all. Is a latent TB applicant able to pass medicals with IRCC? Just in case I find myself in this situation. I need answers please.
Hello. Yes, you can still pass your medicals even if your medical center has diagnosed you with inactive or latent TB. However, you will most likely be placed under Medical Surveillance if that is the case. But no worries, MS is not really a terrible thing but is going to be an extra requirement for you.

Also keep in mind that having inactive TB, means that you will not have any symptons at all and you cant spread it to anybody (Reason why Canada still allows you into the country, given you undergo treatment. Thats the whole point of the Medical Surveillance)

gosky1

Feb 9, 2019
Hello. Yes, you can still pass your medicals even if your medical center has diagnosed you with inactive or latent TB. However, you will most likely be placed under Medical Surveillance if that is the case. But no worries, MS is not really a terrible thing but is going to be an extra requirement for you.

Also keep in mind that having inactive TB, means that you will not have any symptons at all and you cant spread it to anybody (Reason why Canada still allows you into the country, given you undergo treatment. Thats the whole point of the Medical Surveillance)
Thank you for this response. Please how long does it take to get the medical surveillance after the sputum result is out and the second X-ray? Does this cause too much delay in the processing ?

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
Thank you for this response. Please how long does it take to get the medical surveillance after the sputum result is out and the second X-ray? Does this cause too much delay in the processing ?
Not really. After the second X-rays are back ok and the sputum test is negative, you should finally pass your medicals and after that, whatever is the normal time in your country to receive the PPR, that's also when you receive the Medical Surveillance form.

The Medical Surveillance form arrives along with your PPR. The form is IMM 0535. If you receive that form, then you know you've been placed under Medical Surveillance. All the details of exactly why you have been placed under MS and what to do next, will be in that form (Normally this involves going to a health facility inside Canada within the first 30 days you arrive in order to start treatment to make sure your inactive TB does not turn into active TB).