+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional medicals Sputum Test

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
AOR - Mar 2021..received remedical.. completed on 23rd June

5th July- received Sputum test…
Delhi medical centres says : You can give sample in one day thrice after one hour each..
Chandigarh says: you have to come 3 consecutive days..

can anybody help me with the correct procedure?
The correct procedure is 3 consecutive days atleast this is what is done in Canda. The clinics doing the other way will come under scanner one day or another.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi All.
Anyone dealing with re-medical/ sputum test who is applying for PR? not student visa?

I have given my sputum test on 1st June. And scheduled for second X-ray on 16th August (which is 3months apart).

If anyone has faced the same who can share the timeline one might have faced?
Getting really anxious by each passing day :(

Thanks in advance!
Yes now after your second xray is done, both sputum and xray results will be analyzed by IRCC medical panel. If no change will be there it will be passed otherwise you will get medical surveillance. Did you ever got TB?

gosky1

Feb 9, 2019
Hi guys, I got PPR recently and sent out my passport to IRCC Rome via VFS for stamping and after a few days later, I got a medical surveillance form that came as correspondence letter to my Express entry profile. Do I need to sign this form and send to COPR issuing IRCC office in rome or just print the letter and sign and travel with it to Canada and give officer at the point of entry. Kindly respond please.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi guys, I got PPR recently and sent out my passport to IRCC Rome via VFS for stamping and after a few days later, I got a medical surveillance form that came as correspondence letter to my Express entry profile. Do I need to sign this form and send to COPR issuing IRCC office in rome or just print the letter and sign and travel with it to Canada and give officer at the point of entry. Kindly respond please.
Do both.It is received in the email along with CoPR. In your case look for any instructions on the letter, if none send it and also carry it with you to Canada. Just show them on arrival. It happens that once you settle let IRCC know about your address which they will pass to province and they will call you back for surveillance.

Sep 26, 2022
Hi guyz, i have applied my spouse open work permit application on 26 Feb with upfront medical which was done on 28 Jan and we got a mail that further medical test required then remedical for consecutive 3 days done on 24th August but my file got refused on Sep 3rd with the reason stated due to subsection 16(2) Medical not completed on time . I have raised consideration form but not response on it. So can i again reapply the application with same medical certificate or should i wait for one more month to get medical reports update to ircc from panel physician because they told it will take 2 month to test and then will share the report to immigration. We also can’t apply for fresh medical as earlier one is valid for one year

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi guyz, i have applied my spouse open work permit application on 26 Feb with upfront medical which was done on 28 Jan and we got a mail that further medical test required then remedical for consecutive 3 days done on 24th August but my file got refused on Sep 3rd with the reason stated due to subsection 16(2) Medical not completed on time . I have raised consideration form but not response on it. So can i again reapply the application with same medical certificate or should i wait for one more month to get medical reports update to ircc from panel physician because they told it will take 2 month to test and then will share the report to immigration. We also can’t apply for fresh medical as earlier one is valid for one year
Second medical requires 3 sputums on 3 consecutive days when you receive furtherance and second xray after 6 months in your case in June, didn't your medical panel mentioned that when you went for sputum?

Sep 26, 2022
Second medical requires 3 sputums on 3 consecutive days when you receive furtherance and second xray after 6 months in your case in June, didn't your medical panel mentioned that when you went for sputum?
I got Medical Request Letter from IRCC but not sure do i need to go with whole process again for sputam . As sputam test report shared by Panel to Immigration few days back only from the date of getting Medical Request on cic protal

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I got Medical Request Letter from IRCC but not sure do i need to go with whole process again for sputam . As sputam test report shared by Panel to Immigration few days back only from the date of getting Medical Request on cic protal
So if you got the furtherance after medical, you have to do it again.

Trilokkumar

Nov 16, 2022
I got my sputum test results as negative and pulmonologist also cleared for active Tb on Nov 6th. How long will IRCC take to process my rev from here?

nraj

Oct 9, 2018
Hi Everyone. My mom did her medical for super visa in August and had her sputum test done at the end of Aug. She was called for second xray on 11th Nov. Now we have received an email from IRCC to consult the panel physician again. My mom's sputum was negative however there is spots due to her pre existed fibrosis condition . She had consulted pulmonologist on her last appointment. Is that just a consultation or she has to go through other tests ? Any suggestions

Dec 10, 2022
I got my sputum test results as negative and pulmonologist also cleared for active Tb on Nov 6th. How long will IRCC take to process my rev from here?
Did you get your process completed? What were your timelines? I am in similar boat and just wondering what would be my timelines considering there are Christmas holidays at the corner.

EbenGB

Dec 20, 2022
I was called for medical examination by IRCC in October and I was honest about my TB treatment in 2014.
I was asked for additional medical test for sputum culture. 22nd December will be exactly 6th week after my sputum were taken for sputum test culture.
I contacted the health center and was told my first sputum test is negative after 4 weeks and it had been submitted to IRCC and the final sputum test result will be summitted in first week of January 2023.
I was told to come for a second xray after 20th January 2023.
My graduate program commences on 9th January 2023 and registration closes on 13th January 2023.
At this point, I don't know what to do at this point. I wrote to IRCC about my deadlines but no response.
I have already deferred from Fall 2022 to Winter 2023 because my admission came late and at this point, I can only reapply since I missed the deadline.
What should I do at this point?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I was called for medical examination by IRCC in October and I was honest about my TB treatment in 2014.
I was asked for additional medical test for sputum culture. 22nd December will be exactly 6th week after my sputum were taken for sputum test culture.
I contacted the health center and was told my first sputum test is negative after 4 weeks and it had been submitted to IRCC and the final sputum test result will be summitted in first week of January 2023.
I was told to come for a second xray after 20th January 2023.
My graduate program commences on 9th January 2023 and registration closes on 13th January 2023.
At this point, I don't know what to do at this point. I wrote to IRCC about my deadlines but no response.
I have already deferred from Fall 2022 to Winter 2023 because my admission came late and at this point, I can only reapply since I missed the deadline.
What should I do at this point?
Unfortunately you have to wait for next xray, IRCC is very particular about TB and they won't give you a medical outcome until and unless they assess your second sputum and xray result.

Dec 10, 2022
Hi All, Can anyone help me with the timeline? The sputum test has come negative and chest X Ray as per the panel doctor is also fine. There is no change in the X-Ray from the previous one.

I am wondering how much time would the passport submission letter take to come. Or in other words, IRCC to clear everything from their end. I am at a point when December holidays are also at the corner. Other steps, like biometrics are also done. The application is for Work Visa.