+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional medicals Sputum Test

Nainsi

Jan 18, 2023
Hi,
I am unable to do the sputum test. Is there any other test we can do and also how should I inform to ircc because my immigration doctor is saying they do not neend test form me. Also I got an email for medical surveillance also from ircc. Can anybody help me please??

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi,
I am unable to do the sputum test. Is there any other test we can do and also how should I inform to ircc because my immigration doctor is saying they do not neend test form me. Also I got an email for medical surveillance also from ircc. Can anybody help me please??
Sorry can you explain "unable to do ", why so due to doc fault?
For the medical surveillance the doc had to submit fresh reports including blood works and sputum. Don't know how your doc saying so?

Abir BD

Jan 26, 2023
I was called for medical examination by IRCC in October and I was honest about my TB treatment in 2014.
I was asked for additional medical test for sputum culture. 22nd December will be exactly 6th week after my sputum were taken for sputum test culture.
I contacted the health center and was told my first sputum test is negative after 4 weeks and it had been submitted to IRCC and the final sputum test result will be summitted in first week of January 2023.
I was told to come for a second xray after 20th January 2023.
My graduate program commences on 9th January 2023 and registration closes on 13th January 2023.
At this point, I don't know what to do at this point. I wrote to IRCC about my deadlines but no response.
I have already deferred from Fall 2022 to Winter 2023 because my admission came late and at this point, I can only reapply since I missed the deadline.
What should I do at this point?
Please defer your program if possible.

Would you mind sharing your email or whatsapp number please??

RACKG

Mar 12, 2023
I was called for medical examination by IRCC in October and I was honest about my TB treatment in 2014.
I was asked for additional medical test for sputum culture. 22nd December will be exactly 6th week after my sputum were taken for sputum test culture.
I contacted the health center and was told my first sputum test is negative after 4 weeks and it had been submitted to IRCC and the final sputum test result will be summitted in first week of January 2023.
I was told to come for a second xray after 20th January 2023.
My graduate program commences on 9th January 2023 and registration closes on 13th January 2023.
At this point, I don't know what to do at this point. I wrote to IRCC about my deadlines but no response.
I have already deferred from Fall 2022 to Winter 2023 because my admission came late and at this point, I can only reapply since I missed the deadline.
What should I do at this point?
Hi, I hope you have received your visa. It's ethical of you to be honest about your TB history and told IOM. I was also honest about my TB treatment in 2012. I just had a sputum test and scheduled for a second x-ray 3 months later. I wonder how long after your negative sputum result and second x-ray did you receive your visa. And were you followed up for further medical surveillance in Canada? I would really appreciate if you give me your WhatsApp or email to talk about your experience since we have exactly the same situation.
Thank you,

RACKG

Mar 12, 2023
Hi,
If by "unable to do" you mean, you cannot produce sputum (phlegm, mucus), which is the case for almost all people who had TB in the past and it was treated and no longer have active TB, if I correctly recall, I have read somewhere on the IRCC website or read in one of their pdf files, you have to undergo 2 more x-rays, each 3 months apart. That will take you 6 months in total, but again, almost everyone cannot produce sputum.

RACKG

Mar 12, 2023
Its so hard to give them sputum culture if u have no cough and no chest congestion . what to do ., :eek:
If you cannot produce sputum (phlegm, mucus), which is the case for almost all people who had TB in the past and it was treated and no longer have active TB, if I correctly recall, I have read somewhere on the IRCC website or read in one of their pdf files, you have to undergo 2 more x-rays, each 3 months apart. That will take you 6 months in total, but again, almost everyone cannot produce sputum.

EbenGB

Dec 20, 2022
Hi, I hope you have received your visa. It's ethical of you to be honest about your TB history and told IOM. I was also honest about my TB treatment in 2012. I just had a sputum test and scheduled for a second x-ray 3 months later. I wonder how long after your negative sputum result and second x-ray did you receive your visa. And were you followed up for further medical surveillance in Canada? I would really appreciate if you give me your WhatsApp or email to talk about your experience since we have exactly the same situation.
Thank you,
I finally received my visa on 1st Feb 2023 after my result proved negative and second xray was ok. I'm also placed on medical surveillance. However, I'm not able to join the winter class because registration ended on 13th January and I also deferred my program to Fall 2023. My WhatsApp is +233244592966

Reactions: omoade_lere

RACKG

Mar 12, 2023
I have similar situation. Nodule observed. Did 2nd X-ray with 5 months gap from 1st one. Result is same. Nodule exists, but doesn’t grow, which I guess is positive sign. Also submitted sputum test, awaiting result. Assuming sputum test is negative, will they make decision on my case OR ask for more tests.. any idea / experiences?
If you have history of TB and it was treated, did you tell IOM about past treated TB? Have you received your Canadian citizenship (passport)?

RACKG

Mar 12, 2023
I finally received my visa on 1st Feb 2023 after my result proved negative and second xray was ok. I'm also placed on medical surveillance. However, I'm not able to join the winter class because registration ended on 13th January and I also deferred my program to Fall 2023. My WhatsApp is +233244592966
That's great! I am happy for you. Congratulations on receiving your visa. I am going to send you a message on WhatsApp. Thank you.

RACKG

Mar 12, 2023
Hey guys, don't worry at all. Incase your x-ray is suggestive of TB, IRCC will ask you to consult a chest physician and start your treatment. However if your x-rays don't show any growth and if your sputum culture results are negative, your medicals are most likely to get cleared.

IRCC doesn't put your application on hold even if they ask you for further medical tests. Biometrics can still be given.

I'm undergoing treatment for asymptomatic TB with no history of it. But my chest physician suggested that I complete a treatment in India itself instead of it getting reactive abroad. I've had to defer my study plans twice - once due to Covid and once due to my treatment. Stressing won't help. Just follow the instructions that IRCC gives you and everything will be fine :)
Hi, you must have already completed your TB course by now. I wonder if you have received your visa.

piyush2004

Mar 20, 2023
Is there anybody who was asked for CT scan after negative sputum results . Please tell me if there any other tests also after CT scan?????

piyush2004

Mar 20, 2023
Yes , after 2nd xray they sent my report to ircc . After 15 days I called to the hospital as I got no information for my medical passing then they asked me for CT scan.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Yes , after 2nd xray they sent my report to ircc . After 15 days I called to the hospital as I got no information for my medical passing then they asked me for CT scan.
They usually are not authorized to tell you something. IRCC will contact you directly. Keep an eye on your inbox.