+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional medical tests required

Active3879

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Yes, It is my re medical.

CIC Account show Medical Passed since December 2018 (even before Spotum test result came) but did not happen anything till today.

I am really tired of waiting and can have patience anymore.

Badesire91

Apr 5, 2019
Hi everybody. I need an advice for my case. May be somebody is in the same situation. I got my medical request 16th January 2019. My medical results was send by the doctor via emedical 31st January. I got an email for additional creatinine test 15th February. I did the test 16th February . the results was good and it was send 18th February by the doctor. Since no update till now. My account online still showing We have required a medical examination. For more information, check your messages below. I called last time the panel physician to make sure they send send the results and they confirmed me that they did. Can anybody help me? I am a little bit worried.

ginger1995

Sep 11, 2018
I am also in medical furtherance and as far as I know, everything else will proceed side by side. ‘You do not need a medical examination’ will change to ‘under review’ rather than ‘passed’ until results of additional medical tests come. Everything else like R10, Eligibility etc. will proceed normally side by side.

I know this by looking at the profiles of several other guys having same fate as ours.

Good luck.
Thanks a lot!
That's really reassuring to know this. I thought all other steps will be pending till MEP... I got the email(from Manila) informing me the additional medical exam(an 8 week sputum culture and an X-ray exam after 3 months) today...but the status in my CIC account is still "you do not need a medical exam".
May I ask you when the status changed to "under review" after you got the email? And your email is also from Manila? Thanks again!:)

Rizlene

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-02-2019
I am also in medical furtherance and as far as I know, everything else will proceed side by side. ‘You do not need a medical examination’ will change to ‘under review’ rather than ‘passed’ until results of additional medical tests come. Everything else like R10, Eligibility etc. will proceed normally side by side.

I know this by looking at the profiles of several other guys having same fate as ours.

Good luck.
Hello, My husband is in the same boat.
Did you send something to CIC to say that the additional exam are in progress ?

g90

Sep 26, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks a lot!
That's really reassuring to know this. I thought all other steps will be pending till MEP... I got the email(from Manila) informing me the additional medical exam(an 8 week sputum culture and an X-ray exam after 3 months) today...but the status in my CIC account is still "you do not need a medical exam".
May I ask you when the status changed to "under review" after you got the email? And your email is also from Manila? Thanks again!:)
Your application will proceed normally side by side.

Your medical will remain as ‘You do not need a medical exam’ until R10. After that, it will change to ‘under review’. R10 is the completeness check which is performed after about one month and ten days from your AoR date.

For this, keep an eye on the people having the same AoR as yours. When they will get Medical Passed, you will get the ‘Under Review’ status and it will be ‘Passed’ after the results of additional tests after three months.

My email came from NDVO (New Delhi) as I am from India.

Good luck.

Reactions: ginger1995

g90

Sep 26, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello, My husband is in the same boat.
Did you send something to CIC to say that the additional exam are in progress ?
No, I didn’t. You need not send anything. You just need to appear for all the additional tests which are arranged by your Panel Physician.

Leave the rest to PP. It is his/her job to inform IRCC about everything.

Good luck to you guys.

Hope you pass the medical soon.
@ginger1995 @Rizlene

Reactions: ginger1995

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
No, I didn’t. You need not send anything. You just need to appear for all the additional tests which are arranged by your Panel Physician.

Leave the rest to PP. It is his/her job to inform IRCC about everything.

Good luck to you guys.

Hope you pass the medical soon.
@ginger1995 @Rizlene
Congrats on your PPR, g90!!
Its useful to see that the additional meds didn't distort your timeline too much.
I gave sputum samples 12 Apr and PP said the smear test came out negative. I should know the culture results in about three weeks.

Do you know, by any chance, if a second X-ray is always required?

Reactions: g90

g90

Sep 26, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Congrats on your PPR, g90!!
Its useful to see that the additional meds didn't distort your timeline too much.
I gave sputum samples 12 Apr and PP said the smear test came out negative. I should know the culture results in about three weeks.

Do you know, by any chance, if a second X-ray is always required?
Thanks a lot dear.

As I’ve mentioned many times in my previous posts, medical furtherance doesn’t make any impact on the processing of your application which keeps moving side by side. I got my Medicals Passed on March 29 but my IP1 started on February 8 which means that the processing of my application started on Feb 8 normally with those having same AoR as mine.

And yes, IRCC always asks for a second X-Ray with a gap of three months even if your sputum tests come back clear. Both X-Rays are compared and if they are same, you get your Medicals Passed.

Good luck to you for your medical. Hope you pass it soon.

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
Thanks a lot dear.

As I’ve mentioned many times in my previous posts, medical furtherance doesn’t make any impact on the processing of your application which keeps moving side by side. I got my Medicals Passed on March 29 but my IP1 started on February 8 which means that the processing of my application started on Feb 8 normally with those having same AoR as mine.

And yes, IRCC always asks for a second X-Ray with a gap of three months even if your sputum tests come back clear. Both X-Rays are compared and if they are same, you get your Medicals Passed.

Good luck to you for your medical. Hope you pass it soon.
Very helpful, @g90, grateful for your reply.
Fingers crossed it will go well.
Best wishes!

Reactions: g90

Hargur nahal

Jun 1, 2019
Hello to everyone in this thread!

My wife has been asked for a Sputum test and hence was keen to know about the application processing for such cases.

Folks, While we wait for the sputum culture report to come will there be progress in the R 10, A11 and other eligibility/background checks? I sense that people here received their PPR soon after the MEP and hence looks like it makes some progress in parallel. Kindly validate

Kindly share your timeline for some insights on this. Will be of great help.

My timeline as of now:
1st Medical Test: Aug 29th
AOR: Sep 3rd
Letter for additional test through post: Sep 18th
3 days Sputum sample provided by: Sep 22nd
Result expected by: Nov 17th

As the doctor (PP) suggested based on the X Ray that it doesn't look anything serious and it is more of a reassurance test from CIC side hoping for a negative test result.

Thanks!
Did ur wife cleared all the medical tests later ?? Nd how much delay one should expect in the overall .. !! We are facing the same situation.. really worried.. !!

Rizlene

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-02-2019
Did ur wife cleared all the medical tests later ?? Nd how much delay one should expect in the overall .. !! We are facing the same situation.. really worried.. !!
Hello, don't worry, the additional TB test is very common, we faced the same situation, apparently, the process will remain the same with other persons with the same AOR as you, try to follow up theirs, when they will have " medical passed", in your profile " you will have "medical results under review". You will receive the Biometric letter at the same time as you AOR colleagues. Be patient, do the test and wait.
My husband, did the 3 months sputum test and a second x-ray after. His results are negative. Our doctor sent them yesterday. We are still waiting the profile update from under review to passed.
Here below our timeline:

ITA 10/01/2019
AOR 25/02/2019
Additional medical exam mail 06/03/2019
Medical under review 11/04/2019
Bio 14/04/2019

I hope it's helpful

Reactions: Hargur nahal

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
From my experience it took two days.
Did sputum test on Feb 2017, got sputum results on April 14th 2017 and uploaded the results on the same day by hospital authorities.
Got medical passed on April 16th 2017
Hi there,
Were you not asked to do a second xray after 3 months?
I was under the assumption that once you're required to rule out TB with the sputum tests you will also have to redo your chest xray.
Was your case different?
Thanks in advance!

Kindle_91

May 22, 2019
Your application will proceed normally side by side.

Your medical will remain as ‘You do not need a medical exam’ until R10. After that, it will change to ‘under review’. R10 is the completeness check which is performed after about one month and ten days from your AoR date.

For this, keep an eye on the people having the same AoR as yours. When they will get Medical Passed, you will get the ‘Under Review’ status and it will be ‘Passed’ after the results of additional tests after three months.

My email came from NDVO (New Delhi) as I am from India.

Good luck.
Hi,
First of all congratulations..!!
Im also from India.
My application is also being processed at NDVO.
Can you pls share timeline that after submitting your sputum test results nd second x ray within how many days ur medical got passed?
And aftr medical pass within how many days u got email from NDVO for ppr.

Pls share ur experience.

g90

Sep 26, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi,
First of all congratulations..!!
Im also from India.
My application is also being processed at NDVO.
Can you pls share timeline that after submitting your sputum test results nd second x ray within how many days ur medical got passed?
And aftr medical pass within how many days u got email from NDVO for ppr.

Pls share ur experience.
Thanks dear.

After submitting second X-Ray report, I got my medical passed in three days. After medical passed, I got PPR in less than two months.

You can see my complete timeline in my signature also.

Best of luck to you. Hope you get your golden mail very soon.

ginger1995

Sep 11, 2018
Hello, don't worry, the additional TB test is very common, we faced the same situation, apparently, the process will remain the same with other persons with the same AOR as you, try to follow up theirs, when they will have " medical passed", in your profile " you will have "medical results under review". You will receive the Biometric letter at the same time as you AOR colleagues. Be patient, do the test and wait.
My husband, did the 3 months sputum test and a second x-ray after. His results are negative. Our doctor sent them yesterday. We are still waiting the profile update from under review to passed.
Here below our timeline:

ITA 10/01/2019
AOR 25/02/2019
Additional medical exam mail 06/03/2019
Medical under review 11/04/2019
Bio 14/04/2019

I hope it's helpful
So you got PPR just four days after you got MEP? That is unbelievably fast! Congrats!!!

Reactions: Rizlene