+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional medical tests required

Dversa

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Urgent, I need help!

CIC emailed me this letter,

it appears that the Panel Physician has started the exam, however, some of the requirements of the medical have not been completed by the client and/or submitted by the Panel Physician.

Please contact panel physician for further information and to complete any outstanding testing if required.

Help it this mean they need additional Medical Test?

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Urgent, I need help!

CIC emailed me this letter,

it appears that the Panel Physician has started the exam, however, some of the requirements of the medical have not been completed by the client and/or submitted by the Panel Physician.

Please contact panel physician for further information and to complete any outstanding testing if required.

Help it this mean they need additional Medical Test?
It seems like your CIC doctor didn't finish all required medical exam. You should contact them and doctor will tell you whats required.

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hi All,

I am in a similar kind of situation. I received ITA for PR and got the medicals done. The first X ray had a scar on it. There were small nodules in lung. The doctor suggested to get another x ray after 10 days and I did that and even that one had same results.

The X-ray report had recommendation of doing X-ray in 3 months but the doctor advised i can either do after 6 weeks or I do CT-SCAN. I did the ct scan and even that had similar results. I did the ct scan at a different facility as compared to the x ray one so not sure if the canada doctor will be able to use to upload the CT scan results for canada immigration process.

I am worried if i should decline the ITA and wait for the medicals to pass or I can submit the documentation and then may be wait for the response from CIC. In cases when there are discrepancies in medicals, does CIC reject the application or do they usually ask us to do additional medical tests. Just want to get a sense of the regular process in such kind of situations.

My doctor is not at all co-operative and does not even reply to emails or calls. So that is making life very much difficult. I am kind of lost of as to what will be the final outcome of the medicals..

Can anyone please check and advise on this?

Sunitha1987

Sep 3, 2018
Sounds quick. my partner has her second xray in October (no sputum test as she could not produce it). So after additional test they are quick to upload them?

Hi my husband also had his X-ray after 3 months and no sputum as he was unable to produce. Today we received a mail asking for additional test and contact panel physician and he is on leave today. Any idea what it can be? Or

ankitvm

Sep 3, 2018
Hello to everyone in this thread!

My wife has been asked for a Sputum test and hence was keen to know about the application processing for such cases.

Folks, While we wait for the sputum culture report to come will there be progress in the R 10, A11 and other eligibility/background checks? I sense that people here received their PPR soon after the MEP and hence looks like it makes some progress in parallel. Kindly validate

Kindly share your timeline for some insights on this. Will be of great help.

My timeline as of now:
1st Medical Test: Aug 29th
AOR: Sep 3rd
Letter for additional test through post: Sep 18th
3 days Sputum sample provided by: Sep 22nd
Result expected by: Nov 17th

As the doctor (PP) suggested based on the X Ray that it doesn't look anything serious and it is more of a reassurance test from CIC side hoping for a negative test result.

Thanks!

hima221

Oct 7, 2018
Hello,

TB infection has nothing to do with Smoking, Alcohol or Drugs so it does not matter if you do or do not smoke. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but generally they find something or they would not have asked for a sputum test (or it may depend on doctor).

A friend of mine was flagged and he was told to see a pulmonologist and he was diagnosed with a scar on his lung while I was flagged and I was told to take a sputum and I was diagnosed with lymph node TB. Therefore, I understand people flagging profiles based on X-Rays have relevant medical knowledge.

I have read on this forum that, if sputum test is clear a PP usually gives a report of inactive TB and your visa process can go on. While my pulmonologist was adamant that I have lymph node tb even though all the test she performed for TB were negative and I have to undergo treatment for the same.

My application is still open while I am being treated for TB and will continue once my medication is complete but it is a long process. It has taken my approximately 1 year (as compared to my peers who applied for visa on the same day) to go through this cycle.

Having said all this, I want to tell you that in case you are infected, please remember TB is just a bacterial infection and is completely curable. You just have to make sure that you complete your course of medication (Bacteria may become drug-resistant and may lead to complications otherwise)

hima221

Oct 7, 2018
Hello everyone, I had applied for PR and I got my medical passed.I have not received request for passport yet.I had lymph node TB which was successfully treated,thats why I passed the medical exam.Now I am again having symptoms of lynph node TB after passing the medical exam, If I have TB again, will CIC know about it and delay my approval of PR.I am in canada already on my work permit.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hello everyone, I had applied for PR and I got my medical passed.I have not received request for passport yet.I had lymph node TB which was successfully treated,thats why I passed the medical exam.Now I am again having symptoms of lynph node TB after passing the medical exam, If I have TB again, will CIC know about it and delay my approval of PR.I am in canada already on my work permit.
I dont know how they will find out but you need to report change in medical circumstances. its clearly mentioned in their RFV email.

hima221

Oct 7, 2018
I dont know how they will find out but you need to report change in medical circumstances. its clearly mentioned in their RFV email.
Thanks for your reply but I have not received any RFV email yet. What is basically written in that which needs me to provide info of my changed medical condition?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thanks for your reply but I have not received any RFV email yet. What is basically written in that which needs me to provide info of my changed medical condition?
it says below

3) Change in Circumstances

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:

· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;

· Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;

· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);

· Change in health;

· The laying of criminal charges or conviction for a criminal offence;

· A change in availability of funds for use in Canada;

· Change of address or phone number

hima221

Oct 7, 2018
it says below

3) Change in Circumstances

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:

· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;

· Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;

· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);

· Change in health;

· The laying of criminal charges or conviction for a criminal offence;

· A change in availability of funds for use in Canada;

· Change of address or phone number
If we mention that we are having active TB, will they delay giving permanent residency even if we had cleared medical exam and we got TB after that

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
Hello Ankit,
I am also in same boat. Want to know about r10 and other things , pls shed some light.
Thanks and regards
Hello to everyone in this thread!

My wife has been asked for a Sputum test and hence was keen to know about the application processing for such cases.

Folks, While we wait for the sputum culture report to come will there be progress in the R 10, A11 and other eligibility/background checks? I sense that people here received their PPR soon after the MEP and hence looks like it makes some progress in parallel. Kindly validate

Kindly share your timeline for some insights on this. Will be of great help.

My timeline as of now:
1st Medical Test: Aug 29th
AOR: Sep 3rd
Letter for additional test through post: Sep 18th
3 days Sputum sample provided by: Sep 22nd
Result expected by: Nov 17th

As the doctor (PP) suggested based on the X Ray that it doesn't look anything serious and it is more of a reassurance test from CIC side hoping for a negative test result.

Thanks!

g90

Sep 26, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello Ankit,
I am also in same boat. Want to know about r10 and other things , pls shed some light.
Thanks and regards
I am also in medical furtherance and as far as I know, everything else will proceed side by side. ‘You do not need a medical examination’ will change to ‘under review’ rather than ‘passed’ until results of additional medical tests come. Everything else like R10, Eligibility etc. will proceed normally side by side.

I know this by looking at the profiles of several other guys having same fate as ours.

Good luck.

Reactions: Sandhusarwar

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
I am also in medical furtherance and as far as I know, everything else will proceed side by side. ‘You do not need a medical examination’ will change to ‘under review’ rather than ‘passed’ until results of additional medical tests come. Everything else like R10, Eligibility etc. will proceed normally side by side.

I know this by looking at the profiles of several other guys having same fate as ours.

Good luck.
Thanks for your reply.
Are u also in the 4031 NOC thread.

Reactions: g90