+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional medical tests required

Sh1234567890

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Hi,
I took my medical tests three weeks back and today I got an email saying I need additional medical tests done for tb( X-ray after three months of my original medical and a sputum test). I have never smoked, done drugs , or had alcohol in my life. I last took an X-ray to come as a student to Canada and e erything was fine then. I have heard its standard n in most cases they're being sure and nothing comes out , but I'm very worried. I live in Canada so it's not like I went to some country and acquired anything . I m very worried....

Reactions: iamoctober28

Sh1234567890

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
I also wanted to know if while these new results of mine are updated if my security clearance and profile eligibility process would continue going on

abhijeetwadhwa

Jan 17, 2017
Hello,

TB infection has nothing to do with Smoking, Alcohol or Drugs so it does not matter if you do or do not smoke. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but generally they find something or they would not have asked for a sputum test (or it may depend on doctor).

A friend of mine was flagged and he was told to see a pulmonologist and he was diagnosed with a scar on his lung while I was flagged and I was told to take a sputum and I was diagnosed with lymph node TB. Therefore, I understand people flagging profiles based on X-Rays have relevant medical knowledge.

I have read on this forum that, if sputum test is clear a PP usually gives a report of inactive TB and your visa process can go on. While my pulmonologist was adamant that I have lymph node tb even though all the test she performed for TB were negative and I have to undergo treatment for the same.

My application is still open while I am being treated for TB and will continue once my medication is complete but it is a long process. It has taken my approximately 1 year (as compared to my peers who applied for visa on the same day) to go through this cycle.

Having said all this, I want to tell you that in case you are infected, please remember TB is just a bacterial infection and is completely curable. You just have to make sure that you complete your course of medication (Bacteria may become drug-resistant and may lead to complications otherwise)

Sh1234567890

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Thanks for the reply. However, I've been living in Canada since the last time I got tested for tab through X-ray. I haven't been in contact with anyone with to. How is it possible that I developed something. A lot of ppl on the forum say that it's probably something they think might be tb (a scar or spot) but in reality it's nothing.

abhijeetwadhwa

Jan 17, 2017
I am not sure, how have you concluded "I haven't been in contact with anyone with TB". I am ,for example, completely asymptotic so you can not see me and tell me that I have TB (it is written on doctors prognosis that I am asymptotic and as per my pulmonologist this is not strange).

Further, It is not that you have be recently infected, based on my understanding the TB microbacterium may remain in-active in your body for long period of time and may become active and infect you once it get suitable conditions. In my part of the world (India), I have been told that 80% of population (rough estimates by my pulmonologist) is suffering from inactive TB and therefore it is very easy to get infected/

Please understand that there is a probability that you are not infected but I wanted to paint a complete picture.

PS: This is based on my personal exoerience and my understanding, I am not a medical professional so take this with a pinch of salt.

Harukakanda

Aug 18, 2017
Hi,
Hello,

TB infection has nothing to do with Smoking, Alcohol or Drugs so it does not matter if you do or do not smoke. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but generally they find something or they would not have asked for a sputum test (or it may depend on doctor).

A friend of mine was flagged and he was told to see a pulmonologist and he was diagnosed with a scar on his lung while I was flagged and I was told to take a sputum and I was diagnosed with lymph node TB. Therefore, I understand people flagging profiles based on X-Rays have relevant medical knowledge.

I have read on this forum that, if sputum test is clear a PP usually gives a report of inactive TB and your visa process can go on. While my pulmonologist was adamant that I have lymph node tb even though all the test she performed for TB were negative and I have to undergo treatment for the same.

My application is still open while I am being treated for TB and will continue once my medication is complete but it is a long process. It has taken my approximately 1 year (as compared to my peers who applied for visa on the same day) to go through this cycle.

Having said all this, I want to tell you that in case you are infected, please remember TB is just a bacterial infection and is completely curable. You just have to make sure that you complete your course of medication (Bacteria may become drug-resistant and may lead to complications otherwise)
Hi,
Greetings. Eager to know your status now as I'm in same boat. Treated previously in year 2013 with cervical lymphadenopathy tb. Chest is clear then and now what are my chances to get through?

Sh1234567890

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
just as an update to my earlier post ...... I was flagged for additional tests....they asked for an X-ray after a three month gap , and then a eight week sputum culture to test for tb. My X-ray was exactly the same (no change) and the sputum test came out clear (negative). The final test result came out on the 11th of August and then in the system it showed medical passed in the 14th of August . Now waiting for my ppr request .

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
just as an update to my earlier post ...... I was flagged for additional tests....they asked for an X-ray after a three month gap , and then a eight week sputum culture to test for tb. My X-ray was exactly the same (no change) and the sputum test came out clear (negative). The final test result came out on the 11th of August and then in the system it showed medical passed in the 14th of August . Now waiting for my ppr request .
Sounds quick. my partner has her second xray in October (no sputum test as she could not produce it). So after additional test they are quick to upload them?

Reactions: Sunitha1987

Shefali1512

Aug 2, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-09-2017
AOR Received.
02-09-2017
Hi, till the time your medical was not passed , was der any update in ur application ?

mmf.can

Mar 26, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
time line was:
- 2nd xray - 13th octover
- PPR - 25th October
- COPR - 15th November
Oh congrats... I am also facing same situation with partner's medical... Our second x-ray date is 11 dec 2017. Can i ask what was your Aor? And when you seen movement in your status after 2nd x-ray?

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
Oh congrats... I am also facing same situation with partner's medical... Our second x-ray date is 11 dec 2017. Can i ask what was your Aor? And when you seen movement in your status after 2nd x-ray?
AOR 20/04/2017. medicals to passed was a week after the xray on the 13th October