+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Addition of child to Permanent Resident Application after PPR

KoKo_

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
You’re welcome !

You are not going to get extension to submit your passports. We were under the same impression that we will receive extension but this is not how CIC works. As you have received “Ready for Visa” mail so you will have to submit your passports to Vfs office. The reason behind submitting your passports is- that, to add your child to your existing application will take 4 to 6 weeks after you submit all required documents i.e child medical, passport, birth certificate, IMM forms and fees Payment receipt.

So what will happen, as you have got COPR and not your child so you will have to submit your passports once. Later when your child will be added in your application then you will receive another “Ready for Visa” mail to submit your baby and your passport again. Then they will cancel your previous Visa and will stamp your passports again along with baby passport.

Regarding Agent - This is because once you receive COPR then you can’t submit any further documents in online account as everything gets locked. You will have to submit baby’s document in online application once your baby will be added in application. For that, You will receive mail from CIC saying that now you can submit your child’s documents online now.

You can relax a bit, you have got time in hand. This is lengthy process and will take some time but for sure your baby will travel with you before October medical expiration.

Thanks,
Mandeep Kaur
@Hemilshah80

Reactions: Hemilshah80

Imblessed

Dec 6, 2019
My AOR: june 7, 2019. I got my PPR on March 9, 2020, my self and my wife submitted our passport March 10th and our passport got stuck with vfs due to covid. We then had a baby who we added as a depend.ent(All necessary documents were submitted). We were requested for a medical for the baby on June 9, 2020 which we did and revert back on June 11, 2020. We don’t know What to expect as far as waiting time for a new ppr. Please advise.

nonu

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
My AOR: june 7, 2019. I got my PPR on March 9, 2020, my self and my wife submitted our passport March 10th and our passport got stuck with vfs due to covid. We then had a baby who we added as a depend.ent(All necessary documents were submitted). We were requested for a medical for the baby on June 9, 2020 which we did and revert back on June 11, 2020. We don’t know What to expect as far as waiting time for a new ppr. Please advise.
im in same boat, just relax and wait, they have not started issuing new ppr's

we need to wait for following:

1. ircc to start giving out new PPRs for outlanders
2. Canada should lift ban for foreigners to travel in
3. Your local candian VO should start accepting passport applications to issue temporary visa and copr.

after above 3 points are not clear, we have to wait.

Imblessed

Dec 6, 2019
im in same boat, just relax and wait, they have not started issuing new ppr's

we need to wait for following:

1. ircc to start giving out new PPRs for outlanders
2. Canada should lift ban for foreigners to travel in
3. Your local candian VO should start accepting passport applications to issue temporary visa and copr.

after above 3 points are not clear, we have to wait.
Thank you. We just have to be patient. I want to keep in touch so we can compare notes if these things change. How can I contact you?

Ogaboss

Jul 28, 2020
Same applies to me as well. Submitted all required documents for newborn, awaiting response.

sarfaraza

Sep 17, 2019
We received PPR in Jan2020 and informed about the inability to travel due to pregnancy. Later, we received a request for baby documents and subsequently the documents were submitted including forms, passport, medical and fees. I was to provide updated POF, which is also completed now.

However, I don't see newborn under the dependent section or any information section of the newborn?. any guidance will be appreciated.

nonu

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
We received PPR in Jan2020 and informed about the inability to travel due to pregnancy. Later, we received a request for baby documents and subsequently the documents were submitted including forms, passport, medical and fees. I was to provide updated POF, which is also completed now.

However, I don't see newborn under the dependent section or any information section of the newborn?. any guidance will be appreciated.
When they will finish updating babys information in your application, you will get an update notification in your email, login to your gckey account and check at the bottom under the spouse's Name/ UCI no., here you will see your babys name / UCI is added too.

hope this helps.

Shackle

May 11, 2019
Joining the bandwagon here. AOR May 2019, PPR Jan 2020 but didn't submit our passports and added newborn after birth in March 2020 .. after passport delays for COVID, we submitted those got medicals done for the baby and currently it is still "in process" .

sarfaraza

Sep 17, 2019
Joining the bandwagon here. AOR May 2019, PPR Jan 2020 but didn't submit our passports and added newborn after birth in March 2020 .. after passport delays for COVID, we submitted those got medicals done for the baby and currently it is still "in process" .
similar timeline.. no response after submission of last request

Shackle

May 11, 2019
Right, the only update after that was "medicals passed" for the child. From immitracker, it seems like PPRs are still being issued .. so we should hopefully not be far behind (especially since we were already approved)

sarfaraza

Sep 17, 2019
Right, the only update after that was "medicals passed" for the child. From immitracker, it seems like PPRs are still being issued .. so we should hopefully not be far behind (especially since we were already approved)
Thanks.. actually my concern was that the dependent section/name of dependent is still not shown in the profile..