+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Addition of child to Permanent Resident Application after PPR

diaa_algazzar

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Hi Chita Kahlon & All,

Wishing you speedy process :)

I am in the same boat (new born after PPR) and I have emailed Cairo visa office (my LVO that sent me PPR) about the new baby delivery and they instructed to send new born documents to CPC Mississauga ! (didn't clarify via CSE or normal post mail), I am really worried about time and need to speed up this process. I am EE SINP nominated with AOR 5 Jan, 2017.

Hopefully to find answers to my inquires:

1- Why I have to send to CPC Mississauga at the first place (my Primary Visa Office is Cairo and Secondary Visa office is CIO as per notes)
2- Is sending new born documents by post mail faster or via CSE to what so ever visa office.
3- Is upfront medical check better to speed it up or waiting medical request.

All the best
I got answers to my questions:
1- New baby documents should be sent only to LVO via email or via CSE
2- Email to LVO is faster than CSE
3- Yes

Newborn is added to application 1 hour after sending documents to LVO by email

Reactions: Fantastica

chitra kahlon

Jun 8, 2017
I got answers to my questions:
1- New baby documents should be sent only to LVO via email or via CSE
2- Email to LVO is faster than CSE
3- Yes

Newborn is added to application 1 hour after sending documents to LVO by email

Sorry for the delayed response.
Cant comment about the process of visa in your country, but here in India, I uploaded the following documents via IRCC web form and also mailed it to CIC and NDVO -
a. Birth Certificate
b. Passport
c. Receipt of online payment done for Right of Permanent Residence ($150 CAD) for the dependent child
d. Upfront medical examination tracking sheet
e. Updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form (principal applicant)
f. Updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form (principal applicant and spouse)
g. Proof of settlement funds
h. Photograph

Following this, we also submitted my daughter's original passport to the VO along with mine and my husband's (though not asked for). After a week, I received a mail from CIC regarding upgradation of my daughter in my profile along with her UCI number.

We are now waiting for the passports with a stamped visa for all three of us!!! It has been almost 50 days since I have sent them,,,but it is still under process at Canada Visa Office, New Delhi :-( :-( (as mentioned in online tracking system)
I dont know whom to enquire for this delay, as I have emailed to CIC and NDVO but havent yet received any response. VFS and CIC asked me to contact NDVO for the same when i had a conversation with them via their help line numbers. . but unfortunately, NDVO doesnt entertain anyone on phone or in person, they just asked to mail them and wait for the response..

Can anyone help me where should I reach???

Hoping for the best!! Fingers crossed

NohaRabee

Oct 19, 2016
Good time eveyone;
God blessed us with a baby last Week, we have informed London VO that we have a new baby and the papers are under process, we requested them to advise us with the documents required to add the baby to our application, unfortunately; same day they have sent us ADR to MyciC requesting to upload babie's documents within 30 days time in order to continue our application.
The point is, we will apply for babie's passport at the embassy, however this may take 30 days or more.
Please advise if anyone had the same issue before?
Shall we submit all the available documents except the passport (will attach passport receipt and LOe)? What are the chances of rejection in this case?
Or shall we contact London VO to extend the ADR?
Please advise us

parotid

May 29, 2017
Hello Everyone,

It would be really helpful if you guys gave us an update on your situations.

I am in the same boat.
08 Oct: Raised a CSE to add newborn
23 Oct: Got PPR
28 Oct: I was asked to send baby documents & I sent it.
04 Nov: Baby was added to my application but my status still says "additional documents are being reviewed"

since then no updates have happened.
Tomorrow is 23 Nov. 30 days past my PPR and I haven't sent my passports.

How long did it take for you to receive your 2nd PPR?

Keatonkc

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Hello everyone,

I have submitted my app on 2nd April and we where blessed with a new baby on the 4th of June. I got the baby’s passport ready in August and submitted a CSE for his documents. LVO after 2 days sent an ADR for the baby’s documents which I have uploaded and he is now added to my application. They only strange thing is that they said in the ADR that they will send medical instructions for the new baby later, and that was on 3rd of November but till today I didn’t get the instructions and I didn’t do the medical exam waiting for them!!! My application status says “we need more documents to continue processing your application, we will send you a message with more details”
And our medicals changed from passed to “we are reviewing the results of your medical exam”. Any idea how much time it takes to issue instructions for the medicals of the baby?
Thanks

kamalt

Apr 13, 2017
Hello everyone.

We are in the same boat... I submitted my application on 24/Apr/2017. We were blessed with a baby boy on 27/Nov/2017. On 6 Dec, I received PPR. I immediately sent an email to LVO with the birth certificate (as soon as I received it) and submitted a CSE to add him as a accompanying dependent. I have yet to receive a reply from them however in the mean time I have started the process of the getting the baby's passport. Once I have it (hopefully within a weeks time), I should be able to submit his passport copy. In UAE, i may need to have his residence visa done asap before the passport is submitted for PPR. However, my PPR expires on 4 Jan 2018. I may not have enough time due to holidays to submit the passports before the due date. Can anyone advise me how shall I tackle this situation?

How can we do upfront medicals for the new born? What shall we use to contact the doctor for upfront medicals? Shall we pay the fees up front? We had done our medicals on 1 Apr 2017 which means if I submit my passports within the 30 day timeframe (along with my baby's), it means we need to land before 1 Apr 2018. Can we request them to extend this date for obvious reasons?

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks

kamalt

Apr 13, 2017
Hello everyone.

We are in the same boat... I submitted my application on 24/Apr/2017. We were blessed with a baby boy on 27/Nov/2017. On 6 Dec, I received PPR. I immediately sent an email to LVO with the birth certificate (as soon as I received it) and submitted a CSE to add him as a accompanying dependent. I have yet to receive a reply from them however in the mean time I have started the process of the getting the baby's passport. Once I have it (hopefully within a weeks time), I should be able to submit his passport copy. In UAE, i may need to have his residence visa done asap before the passport is submitted for PPR. However, my PPR expires on 4 Jan 2018. I may not have enough time due to holidays to submit the passports before the due date. Can anyone advise me how shall I tackle this situation?

How can we do upfront medicals for the new born? What shall we use to contact the doctor for upfront medicals? Shall we pay the fees up front? We had done our medicals on 1 Apr 2017 which means if I submit my passports within the 30 day timeframe (along with my baby's), it means we need to land before 1 Apr 2018. Can we request them to extend this date for obvious reasons?

Thanks
No suggestions from anyone?

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone.

How can we do upfront medicals for the new born? What shall we use to contact the doctor for upfront medicals?
You can perform upfront medicals just like you did for yourself and your spousal dependent.
Baby should be included under your express entry application - so application number(which is yours) and the baby's passport should be fine.
If you are unsure on upfront medicals, wait for medicals request from LVO. Its not mandatory to do upfront medicals while adding a person.

Shall we pay the fees up front?
If you are talking about PR fees, you can make the payment. IRCC will respond to your query and provide further steps to process.

We had done our medicals on 1 Apr 2017 which means if I submit my passports within the 30 day timeframe (along with my baby's), it means we need to land before 1 Apr 2018. Can we request them to extend this date for obvious reasons?

For some people they extended medicals. You can request to extend the medicals but it is up to IRCC whether to extend or not.

Generally Ottwa VO is quick in responding in these situations, I recommend you to send an email (CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca) to them as well.
PPR request was for you and dependent spouse only but not for baby at this time (Because not yet added). I recommend you not to submit the passports and wait for response from IRCC.

Thanks

kamalt

Apr 13, 2017
Thanks gowthamp. I have written to Ottawa VO and am waiting for their response. I just wish it happens before my passport submission date (4 Jan 2018), which I believe will extend as they will provide another 30 days. If I were to ask for extension for landing, how would I be able to do that?

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks gowthamp. I have written to Ottawa VO and am waiting for their response. I just wish it happens before my passport submission date (4 Jan 2018), which I believe will extend as they will provide another 30 days. If I were to ask for extension for landing, how would I be able to do that?
Once VO responds to your request(Addition of baby) your current PPR becomes invalid.
After processing baby information they will reissue PPR for whole family.

Sometimes IRCC extends medicals - in that case they can extend landing date.
If not IRCC asks to do medicals again.

In another group after adding spouse, IRCC called applicant and asked whether they can do landing in Canada before Jan(Her medicals expiry date). Then they issued new PPR after she said she can.

kamalt

Apr 13, 2017
Thanks a lot for your response gowthamp. I will wait for the VO to respond. I am hoping that they respond before the 1 month PPR request, otherwise I will have to write a letter of explanation to someone or maybe call them??? Also, on the mycic site, I see a upload documents button. What shall we upload there? I have been asked to go to embassy in Abu Dhabi to submit passports, photos and other documents which are requested. What shall I upload on the mycic site?

Hope you get your PPR soon as i see you have just submitted a change in marital status and you have submitted the meds already for your spouse. Congrats on your marriage!

Thanks

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot for your response gowthamp. I will wait for the VO to respond. I am hoping that they respond before the 1 month PPR request, otherwise I will have to write a letter of explanation to someone or maybe call them??? Also, on the mycic site, I see a upload documents button. What shall we upload there? I have been asked to go to embassy in Abu Dhabi to submit passports, photos and other documents which are requested. What shall I upload on the mycic site?

Hope you get your PPR soon as i see you have just submitted a change in marital status and you have submitted the meds already for your spouse. Congrats on your marriage!

Thanks
Thank you kamalt.
If possible just call them and the customer representative may provide more information on your file regarding upload buttons.
I dont think any docs have to submitted for ppr request.
I assume you may missed (may have sent to wrong email) the response email.
Can you provide screenshot for the upload section with docs name?

kamalt

Apr 13, 2017
I will try to give them a call and find out about the upload button. When I click on "View submitted application", I get the following screenshot (i am drawing it as I don't have access to any image upload site at the moment).

+----------------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------+------------------+------------------------------+---------------------------+
| Details | Document Name | Instructions | Options | Required By |
+----------------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------+------------------+------------------------------+---------------------------+
| Replacement Needed | Passport/Travel Documents (Multiple) | ? | Upload File Button | 04 January 2018 |
| | (required) | | | |
+----------------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------+------------------+------------------------------+----------------------------+

I got the a response from both LVO and OVO.

From London VO, I got the following:

============================================
Your enquiry has been received by the London visa office. We respond to all enquiries within 28 days. Enquiries marked as urgent by the sender and deemed urgent after review will receive a response within 24 to 48 hours. Film/Media crews travelling on short notice will receive a response within 5 days. If you have submitted new information, we will update your file without replying to confirm.

From Ottowa VO, I got the following:

This is an automatic response to acknowledge the receipt of your email.

Due to a high volume of inquiries we are only able to respond to case-specific inquiries and the service standard is 20 working days.

For general information, please visit our website<http://www.cic.gc.ca/>.

IMPORTANT: If you are the applicant or an authorized representative, you must provide us with your application number in the subject line of your email and include in the body of your email the following information:

· Surname and Given name(s);
· Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
· Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number;
· Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident);

We are not able to respond to questions regarding:

o Expedited processing of non-urgent cases;
o Permanent Resident cards<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/index.asp>;
o Citizenship applications<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/index.asp>;
o Super Visas<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp> for Parents and Grandparents;
o Study<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp>/Work permits<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.asp>;
o Confirmation of receipt of documents;
o Status inquiries that are within processing times<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp>.

To change your address, check your application status, or pay fees please visit the My Immigration or Citizenship Application<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp> webpage.

For all other case related questions, or if you are experiencing technical difficulties with your online application, please use the Case Specific Enquiry form<https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.226794587.793375893.1417715844>.

parotid

May 29, 2017
Hello Everyone,

It would be really helpful if you guys gave us an update on your situations.

I am in the same boat.
08 Oct: Raised a CSE to add newborn
23 Oct: Got PPR
28 Oct: I was asked to send baby documents & I sent it.
04 Nov: Baby was added to my application but my status still says "additional documents are being reviewed"

since then no updates have happened.
Tomorrow is 23 Nov. 30 days past my PPR and I haven't sent my passports.

How long did it take for you to receive your 2nd PPR?

Update on my case:

I received 2nd PPR on 5th Dec.
Submitted Documents to VAC on 6th Dec
Till now no PPR.

But my Visa office change to Amman, Jordan. My 1st PPR was from Paris Visa Office.

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will try to give them a call and find out about the upload button. When I click on "View submitted application", I get the following screenshot (i am drawing it as I don't have access to any image upload site at the moment).

| Details | Document Name | Instructions | Options | Required By |
| Replacement Needed | Passport/Travel Documents (Multiple) | ? | Upload File Button | 04 January 2018 |
| | (required) | | | |
+----------------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------+------------------+------------------------------+----------------------------+

I got the a response from both LVO and OVO.

From London VO, I got the following:

Your enquiry has been received by the London visa office. We respond to all enquiries within 28 days. Enquiries marked as urgent by the sender and deemed urgent after review will receive a response within 24 to 48 hours. Film/Media crews travelling on short notice will receive a response within 5 days. If you have submitted new information, we will update your file without replying to confirm.

From Ottowa VO, I got the following:

This is an automatic response to acknowledge the receipt of your email.

Due to a high volume of inquiries we are only able to respond to case-specific inquiries and the service standard is 20 working days.

For general information, please visit our website<http://www.cic.gc.ca/>.

IMPORTANT: If you are the applicant or an authorized representative, you must provide us with your application number in the subject line of your email and include in the body of your email the following information:

· Surname and Given name(s);
· Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
· Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number;
· Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident);

We are not able to respond to questions regarding:

o Expedited processing of non-urgent cases;
o Permanent Resident cards<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/index.asp>;
o Citizenship applications<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/index.asp>;
o Super Visas<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp> for Parents and Grandparents;
o Study<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp>/Work permits<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.asp>;
o Confirmation of receipt of documents;
o Status inquiries that are within processing times<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp>.

To change your address, check your application status, or pay fees please visit the My Immigration or Citizenship Application<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp> webpage.

For all other case related questions, or if you are experiencing technical difficulties with your online application, please use the Case Specific Enquiry form<https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.226794587.793375893.1417715844>.
Subject for the email should be like " Urgent: Change in Family Composition".
Sorry, I forgot to say this initially.

It is recommended to use URGENT word in the subject of the email.