Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
So I have read posts about people getting married after AOR where usually only one spouse has an AOR and then adds the other one on their application later on.

But in my case, both me and my partner have already got our AOR in March under FSW-O category separately and now we are going to be married soon.

Does anyone has any idea or gone through a similar case so that we know what to do in this case and are prepared before raising any formal request with IRCC?

Or will this case be also similar to one's where usually one person has AOR and adds other person. But then will I have to again pay the fees and arrange for all documents again for the secondary applicant since both of us have done that already separately.
IRCC requires the legal marriage certificate to add the spouse to the application. If you guys are outside Canada, you cannot land without informing IRCC about the change in family composition. Also, since your application processing is complete, I am not sure if IRCC will re-open the application again.

Normally, if the landing process has not been completed, IRCC revokes the current COPR and re-issues them after doing the background check and medical exam of your spouse. All the best!
@abhgi191

abhgi191

Oct 19, 2020
IRCC requires the legal marriage certificate to add the spouse to the application. If you guys are outside Canada, you cannot land without informing IRCC about the change in family composition. Also, since your application processing is complete, I am not sure if IRCC will re-open the application again.

Normally, if the landing process has not been completed, IRCC revokes the current COPR and re-issues them after doing the background check and medical exam of your spouse. All the best!
@abhgi191
Thanks for the reply. I wanted to know if it will be the same process in case both the partners have separate AOR and now they are getting married.

Would one of the partner have to arrange for fees and documentation again for combining the application after marriage, since we both already have done the same and have separate AOR's ?

Simi8088

May 24, 2020
Hi
I applied under Express Entry FSW - Outland. I got married in March. Informed them through webform on 15 April. Got response within 10 days requesting for documents. I responded with the documents which they have acknowledged. Now waiting for CIC account to be updated
Hi, My case is same as that of yours I just want to know whether you have paid fee for adding ur spouse and also if yes then it did it impact your crs score?? Any downfall in the score or something please confirm as I m quite confused about this.

Simi8088

May 24, 2020
There is no such requirement to add your spouse name in the passport as that IRCC needs is a marriage certificate.
@legalfalcon Sir Will adding my spouse to my in-process application ( all criteria passed; decision pending) going to impact my crs score? If yes then is there any way to overcome this issue?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Sir Will adding my spouse to my in-process application ( all criteria passed; decision pending) going to impact my crs score? If yes then is there any way to overcome this issue?
No, it had no impact on the CRS score and your eligibility which is already passed.

Your spouse's documents will be reviewed, processed and once done, you and your spouse will be issued COPRs.

See
https://bit.ly/2UgKyp9

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi, My case is same as that of yours I just want to know whether you have paid fee for adding ur spouse and also if yes then it did it impact your crs score?? Any downfall in the score or something please confirm as I m quite confused about this.
If you have received your AOR and the marriage happened post this date, addition of spouse does not change the crs score.
With AOR, the application is frozen for the primary applicant.

HeraldVII

May 26, 2017
Iran
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-12-2020
Nomination.....
25-11-2020
AOR Received.
18-12-2020
Med's Done....
08-12-2020
Hi, The timelines in terms of spouse addition is similar to mine.
Sent webform with addition of docs on 12th May 2021
Received Acknowledgement on 18th May 2021
Spoke to IRCC agent yesterday - there has not been any progress on adding spouse to the application yet.
You have at least gotten an acknowledgement! I didn’t and don’t know why.
Has your office been in Paris as well? Would it work if I call them regarding my docs or just wait for them to respond with receipt acknowledgment?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
You have at least gotten an acknowledgement! I didn’t and don’t know why.
Has your office been in Paris as well? Would it work if I call them regarding my docs or just wait for them to respond with receipt acknowledgment?
Well I had some issues with acknowledgement as well.
The first set of docs were received and acknowledged within 6 days.
However I did not receive any updates on the second webform. So I called up ircc and the agent then suggested that I wait for 2 weeks and send docs again if I don't get any reply.
Based on that info I did send it out which was later accepted after 6 days.
Now I received an email after a month of raising my first request for docs -2 that they dont accept unsolicited documents for TR to PR pathway through webform.
Wrote back to them immediately that I was an FSW candidate and received reply within a day that it was a mistake and they can confirm that my docs have been sent for processing.

Long story short, if you haven't received any email in 2 weeks try sending a webform request again

Reactions: HeraldVII

HeraldVII

May 26, 2017
Iran
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-12-2020
Nomination.....
25-11-2020
AOR Received.
18-12-2020
Med's Done....
08-12-2020
Well I had some issues with acknowledgement as well.
The first set of docs were received and acknowledged within 6 days.
However I did not receive any updates on the second webform. So I called up ircc and the agent then suggested that I wait for 2 weeks and send docs again if I don't get any reply.
Based on that info I did send it out which was later accepted after 6 days.
Now I received an email after a month of raising my first request for docs -2 that they dont accept unsolicited documents for TR to PR pathway through webform.
Wrote back to them immediately that I was an FSW candidate and received reply within a day that it was a mistake and they can confirm that my docs have been sent for processing.

Long story short, if you haven't received any email in 2 weeks try sending a webform request again
Thanks for the quick response; i will wait a day or two so it gets almost 1 month and will then follow-up again. I will share any update i get. Thanks again.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Thanks for the reply. I wanted to know if it will be the same process in case both the partners have separate AOR and now they are getting married.

Would one of the partner have to arrange for fees and documentation again for combining the application after marriage, since we both already have done the same and have separate AOR's ?
@abhgi191 I am not the best person to answer this. Consider asking other members like @legalfalcon @cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

As far as I know there is no process of combining applications. If you want to do that one of you needs to withdraw application and then get added as a spouse to other application. my suggestion would be to just wait for result on both existing applications.

duybachhpvn

Nov 22, 2018
Hi all,

My COPR expired in June 2020 and now IRCC opened my application again for processing. However because my martial status changed, they requested me to submit my passport and expired COPR to cancel. I'm an outland applicant, anyone know how long do they take to return my passport back? It's just for cancelling an expired COPR though

Secondly, I'm having trouble with providing proof of cohabitation for my common-law now. If the addition of my common-law partner is rejected, will it result in a rejection of my whole application? Or can I still be approved as a single applicant and I can sponsor my Common-law on later stage?