+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse to PR application post AOR << Please join here >>

ayush344

Jun 30, 2021
I have question about adding spouse to my PR Application(Inland Application). my application is in progress i'm going to india to marry my partner. after marriage, Is it compulsory to change passport for both of us? For her. as she in india she can have passport re issue on tatkall (Emergency) bases. but i on the other hand who is primary applicant to PR Application would have to apply for re-issue of passport? or they consider my current passport who does not have spouse name written on it? for me to reissue a new passport would take two months from Canada. Any response would be appriciated!

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
I have question about adding spouse to my PR Application(Inland Application). my application is in progress i'm going to india to marry my partner. after marriage, Is it compulsory to change passport for both of us? For her. as she in india she can have passport re issue on tatkall (Emergency) bases. but i on the other hand who is primary applicant to PR Application would have to apply for re-issue of passport? or they consider my current passport who does not have spouse name written on it? for me to reissue a new passport would take two months from Canada. Any response would be appriciated!
There's no need to re-issue passports unless it is expiring. Your spouse will need to do PCC and submit other docs related to addition of spouse.

Reactions: ayush344

ayush344

Jun 30, 2021
There's no need to re-issue passports unless it is expiring. Your spouse will need to do PCC and submit other docs related to addition of spouse.
Thank you AishB for clear answer. couple of questions about that if you have been through this process, my partner name will be changed after marriage like addition of my name as middle name and change of surname and home address. she has to apply for new passport right?... and for PCC as i have done once but i'm going to india so i need to do PCC again. would they require my spouse name in passport for PCC?
Even if you do not have complete answer, even part answer would help!
if you have any tips about this please do share.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Thank you AishB for clear answer. couple of questions about that if you have been through this process, my partner name will be changed after marriage like addition of my name as middle name and change of surname and home address. she has to apply for new passport right?... and for PCC as i have done once but i'm going to india so i need to do PCC again. would they require my spouse name in passport for PCC?
Even if you do not have complete answer, even part answer would help!
if you have any tips about this please do share.
If your partner is changing the name then yes a new passport is needed. PCC can only be done once the passport police verification is done. So wait for complete process to be over then initiate PCC. Also, your spouse will need address proofs to show for PCC (might have to update Aadhar ?)
As for you, I don't think you will require to add your spouse name in existing passport. If you are planning to include it then same as above. Wait for the complete police verification for passport then initiate PCC.

The way I did, Spouse and I, we initiated our PCCs before marriage (I had to apply for new passport as well since it was expiring) and did not update any fields in the passport (name change etc). Saved us the trouble of extra documentation work.

ayush344

Jun 30, 2021
If your partner is changing the name then yes a new passport is needed. PCC can only be done once the passport police verification is done. So wait for complete process to be over then initiate PCC. Also, your spouse will need address proofs to show for PCC (might have to update Aadhar ?)
As for you, I don't think you will require to add your spouse name in existing passport. If you are planning to include it then same as above. Wait for the complete police verification for passport then initiate PCC.

The way I did, Spouse and I, we initiated our PCCs before marriage (I had to apply for new passport as well since it was expiring) and did not update any fields in the passport (name change etc). Saved us the trouble of extra documentation work.
Thank you again. i'm thinking of not changing my spouse name after all. that would save us lot of time from paperwork. one last thing, What did you send to prove legitimacy of your marriage, like what document you included as proof?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Thank you again. i'm thinking of not changing my spouse name after all. that would save us lot of time from paperwork. one last thing, What did you send to prove legitimacy of your marriage, like what document you included as proof?
Registered marriage certificate to show proof of marriage.

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hi, How much time it will take to reflect my spouse name on my pr application. I am inland and my spouse is in india

my AOR-feb 2021
Medical passed- April 15 2021
Sent documents to add my spouse- may 06 2021
After that no update

Thanks in advance

Reactions: sneha26

Sasidhar Lekkala

Apr 20, 2021

Hi Aish ,

My AOR is on June 5th 2021 , I am going to get married in August , before informing IRCC about my marriage shall i proceed with medicals upfront and police clearance certificate for her ? will there be any problem if i apply before marriage ? can you please help me with this.

Sasidhar Lekkala

Apr 20, 2021
Hi All,

Can anyone help me with this My AOR is on June 5th 2021 , I am going to get married in August , before informing IRCC about my marriage shall i proceed with medicals upfront and police clearance certificate for her ? will there be any problem if i apply before marriage ? can you please help me with this.

Selma99

Sep 28, 2017
Hi. My post is not specifically related to the timeline but since all of you here are going through the same process, please take a minute to respond to my query. I received AOR in December 2020. Application still in process. Medical as well!! I have been planning to get married but due to some legal issues in my country I cannot get married to anyone outside my faith. Which means I cannot have a marriage certificate. Can I provide marriage certificate from the spiritual assembly of the guy? Will it be acceptable to CIC? Please guide me in this regard. I'm totally clueless.

Prabhucv

Sep 8, 2020
Hi everyone,

Sharing my status so far:

AOR: 25-Nov-2020
Submission: 18-Dec-2020
Bio: 26-Feb-2021
Marriage: 10-Mar-2021
Webform sent to inform IRCC: 25-Mar-2021
Received email from Paris: 12-Apr-2021
Webform sent with Spouse docs: 21-May-2021

And now waiting for them to acknowledge and update my profile or at least for them to request additional documents or spouse bio but nothing so far…

I hope anyone with similar conditions gets some update. Please let me know if you are in similar situation or know when they would acknowledge and update.
Hello Everyone,

AOR: 06-Oct-2020
Marriage: 01-Feb-2021
Webform sent to inform IRCC: 05-Feb-2021
IRCC sent an email asking for Date of Entry and Port of Entry to do virtual landing as my application was almost in the final stage: 26-Feb-2021
I responded to that email saying that I am going to add spouse. Did not get any response for the raised webform or the email, so I called IRCC multiple time to inform and then they sent me a list of documents required to be submitted.
Webform with all the document sent to IRCC : 13-March-2021
No acknowledgement received from IRCC, but I got the information from IRCC via call and GCMS notes that they have received all the document on 13-April-2021
Spouse name has been added to my application as dependent: 14-July-2021

I think below are the list of process pending:
1. IRCC Validating all the uploaded documents (including medical) - Upfront medical done for Spouse and sent that as part of add-on package
2. IRCC sending the BIL (Biometrics request)
3. Upon submission of biometrics by spouse, IRCC performing a criminality check
4. IRCC performing Virtual landing
5. IRCC sending COPR to the applicant and spouse

I am currently waiting for further processing of my application, anyone received biometric request recently?

Thanks for sharing your status!
Prabhu

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hello Everyone,

AOR: 06-Oct-2020
Marriage: 01-Feb-2021
Webform sent to inform IRCC: 05-Feb-2021
IRCC sent an email asking for Date of Entry and Port of Entry to do virtual landing as my application was almost in the final stage: 26-Feb-2021
I responded to that email saying that I am going to add spouse. Did not get any response for the raised webform or the email, so I called IRCC multiple time to inform and then they sent me a list of documents required to be submitted.
Webform with all the document sent to IRCC : 13-March-2021
No acknowledgement received from IRCC, but I got the information from IRCC via call and GCMS notes that they have received all the document on 13-April-2021
Spouse name has been added to my application as dependent: 14-July-2021

I think below are the list of process pending:
1. IRCC Validating all the uploaded documents (including medical) - Upfront medical done for Spouse and sent that as part of add-on package
2. IRCC sending the BIL (Biometrics request)
3. Upon submission of biometrics by spouse, IRCC performing a criminality check
4. IRCC performing Virtual landing
5. IRCC sending COPR to the applicant and spouse

I am currently waiting for further processing of my application, anyone received biometric request recently?

Thanks for sharing your status!
Prabhu
Hi,
How did you go about the upfront medical for spouse ?

HeraldVII

May 26, 2017
Iran
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-12-2020
Nomination.....
25-11-2020
AOR Received.
18-12-2020
Med's Done....
08-12-2020
Hi again,
To give my friends an update after previous posts, after receiving BIL for spouse, the day after that I received another email with the medical request form.
So we first raised 3 webform a attaching all required docs, including official translation of marriage deed, spouse police certificate and a new POF plus all required forms. We got no update so I sent a direct email to Paris office and later that week got BIL for spouse together with email response in which they confirmed they have received all docs. Next day I got spouse medical form. We have done Bio so far and recently we did medical.
Let’s see what happens next.

Reactions: Prabhucv

Prabhucv

Sep 8, 2020
Hi again,
To give my friends an update after previous posts, after receiving BIL for spouse, the day after that I received another email with the medical request form.
So we first raised 3 webform a attaching all required docs, including official translation of marriage deed, spouse police certificate and a new POF plus all required forms. We got no update so I sent a direct email to Paris office and later that week got BIL for spouse together with email response in which they confirmed they have received all docs. Next day I got spouse medical form. We have done Bio so far and recently we did medical.
Let’s see what happens next.
Hello Herald,
If you could add the dates to the each stage, it will be easy to visualize the timeline.