Class-Canadian exp class
Got married on 25 November 2019
Informed CIC via CSE and received application package on 3 December 2019
Sent all docs via CSE on 25 December 2019
Received biometrics request for spouse on feb 27,2020
Received Passport request for spouse on march 4,2020
Principal applicant COPR march 14,2020
Spouses passport reached NDVO on march 23,2020
Today is feb 24,2021 and i am still waiting for my spouses passport.
COVID has screwed up my life!

Rowsp

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
AOR July 2019
Medicals passed AUG 2019
Class-Canadian exp class
Got married on 25 November 2019
Informed CIC via CSE and received application package on 3 December 2019
Sent all docs via CSE on 25 December 2019
Received biometrics request for spouse on feb 27,2020
Received Passport request for spouse on march 4,2020
Principal applicant COPR march 14,2020
Spouses passport reached NDVO on march 23,2020
Today is feb 24,2021 and i am still waiting for my spouses passport.
COVID has screwed up my life!
Have you raised a webform asking the reason and when it will be returned?
I had submitted my passports and of my dependents 3 months ago to Abu Dhabi embassy though my VO is Delhi. But till now no COPR was issued. I requested for it back since i have some travel plans.

bluemotion

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Dear All,

i would deeply appreciate it if someone could guide me on this front.

my girlfriend and i have submitted our applications for express entry AOR nov and dec repectively.

both gave our biometrics on 15th february

we plan on getting married this year before we go to canada.

when will it be the best time to get married? we both want to apply as individual applicants and do not want the processing times to get hampered.

can someone share their views?

thanks in advance

Ajagotra

Feb 23, 2021
Have you raised a webform asking the reason and when it will be returned?
I had submitted my passports and of my dependents 3 months ago to Abu Dhabi embassy though my VO is Delhi. But till now no COPR was issued. I requested for it back since i have some travel plans.
I just received an email stating the passport is being returned because my spouses medicals are expired. Not sure what to do here

Abdul04

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Hello everyone, can the principal applicant (PA) add their spouse to their FSW EE profile after the PA getting a passport request and PR stamping is done but landing has not been done yet? Needless to say, this situation is when the marriage time of PA coincides with the passport request and PR stamping and the PA was not married before this. Thanks in advance!

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Hey Everybody,

I need your help.

My situation is that my EE application is in the final stage, waiting for COPR and covid.
My soon to be spouse is undocumented in our current country of residence. Once i add her to the application will there be an issue that she has an undocumented past?

Has anybody been in a similar situation?

AOR Feb 20

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Dear All,

i would deeply appreciate it if someone could guide me on this front.

my girlfriend and i have submitted our applications for express entry AOR nov and dec repectively.

both gave our biometrics on 15th february

we plan on getting married this year before we go to canada.

when will it be the best time to get married? we both want to apply as individual applicants and do not want the processing times to get hampered.

can someone share their views?

thanks in advance
You cannot land in Canada without informing IRCC about your marriage as your family composition would have changed. I understand the apprehension of delays in application processing if you add your spouse; however, it would be more prudent to add spouse now rather than later. Also, spouse addition is possible after AOR does not lead to recalculation of points.

All the best!

Reactions: bluemotion

sourabh_kehar

Apr 3, 2021
Please anyone with the same timeline
AOR 22/10/2018 fsw-outland
Medicals and biometric passed in November 2018
Got married on 12/11/2018
Informed cic on 14/11/2018
Additional documents for spouse requested on 26/03/2019
Spouse documents submitted on 22/04/2019
Spouse name added as dependent on 24/04/2019
No update after that. The stress is just too much
after how many months you both got PR...?

Anna.123

Jan 29, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ontario
Hello, i would really appreciate it if someone could help me or advise what it is best to do.
I am fsw outland single application. Aor : 24 nov 2020
Till now eligibility is passed.
I may get married this summer in august, and by that time no one knows if my application will be done or not.
The initial plan was to wait for copr , do a soft landing and then get married and sponsor my husband.

But now we are thinking of getting married this summer. Do you think that is better ?
And then i can add him to the profile?

Please if someone knows what's better

Thank you

Empero993

Apr 8, 2021
Hello, i would really appreciate it if someone could help me or advise what it is best to do.
I am fsw outland single application. Aor : 24 nov 2020
Till now eligibility is passed.
I may get married this summer in august, and by that time no one knows if my application will be done or not.
The initial plan was to wait for copr , do a soft landing and then get married and sponsor my husband.

But now we are thinking of getting married this summer. Do you think that is better ?
And then i can add him to the profile?

Please if someone knows what's better

Thank you
According to what I've read in this thread, adding spouse after AOR won't affect your score. Only documents need to be uploaded. You spouse doesn't need to do ielts either. This way also saves time than sponsoring him later on.

Empero993

Apr 8, 2021
You cannot land in Canada without informing IRCC about your marriage as your family composition would have changed. I understand the apprehension of delays in application processing if you add your spouse; however, it would be more prudent to add spouse now rather than later. Also, spouse addition is possible after AOR does not lead to recalculation of points.

All the best!
Hi I am inland CEC applicant and my application got approved. Currently waiting for COPR but planning to get married soon. Is it better to just wait for COPR (which i don't know when but i received an email from Ottawa a week ago to confirm address and first and last entry and if I am in Canada) or it won't affect my score anyway if I get married even before COPR and add my future spouse to my PR application. Any advice

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Best t
Hi I am inland CEC applicant and my application got approved. Currently waiting for COPR but planning to get married soon. Is it better to just wait for COPR (which i don't know when but i received an email from Ottawa a week ago to confirm address and first and last entry and if I am in Canada) or it won't affect my score anyway if I get married even before COPR and add my future spouse to my PR application. Any advice
Best to add your spouse now as it does not lead to recalculation of points. There could be some processing delays but it would be prudent to do it now rather than later.

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Good day everyone, I really need help here from those who have applied for spouse before. I am a protected person and have applied for PR since December 2019. I just got married three months ago and want to add my spouse. I filled my spouse generic and background form as.....
Program under which you are applying for: FAMILY.
Category under which you are applying for: SPOUSE but my lawyer is saying that the program should be REFUGEE and Category should be...................... 'IN CANADA- PROTECTED PERSON. This has got me confused and i have not been able to send it to IRCC. Can somebody who have gone through this process please tell me what is right please so that i can submit it ASAP. Thanks waiting for response.

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
if you are not married yet please get your COPR first before you get married then you can sponsor your wife after you get married. adding spouse now will increase your processing time and with covid it could be worse.

Skybrow

Apr 28, 2021
I want to my wife after AOR,
Initially I selected non accompanying spouse to my application,
Is it possible to send webform and saying i want to add my wife to this application?