Adding spouse to existing PNP PR Application

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Ur welcome
6 weeks
No
He sholud add u as non accompaing
Bcz u guys arw not entering canada together.
He is in canada already.
I mention non accounpaning for my wife. I m in canada.
Plz confirm with someone else. Im not sure about this

sakshi_can

Jun 17, 2017
Ur welcome
6 weeks
No
He is in canada already.

ok
but i have read from some other link that we should select accompnying because accompnying means we both get pr together.

i dont know whats right..
need to search more about this.

Aijuly

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
July 2016
AOR Received.
November
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
Oct 10
Med's Done....
Oct 11
Passport Req..
Not yet
Hey
Ur welcome
6 weeks
No
He is in canada already.
Hey naav
I think u should have selected accompanying for your wife or do it as soon as possible.
Bcz non-accompanying means no pr for her
You have to apply her after your pr as family class sponsorship, which gonna take another year.
In both cases time consumption is almost the same.
I would advise you to search about it.

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Hey

Hey naav
I think u should have selected accompanying for your wife or do it as soon as possible.
Bcz non-accompanying means no pr for her
You have to apply her after your pr as family class sponsorship, which gonna take another year.
In both cases time consumption is almost the same.
I would advise you to search about it.
I called them.
U were right.
If u chk non accompaning. U will not get pr with ur husband.
But if ur husband still add u as dependent , status will automatically change to accoumpaning.
they told me donot wry . When u added ur wife as dependent status was automatically changed.
Showing accompaning.

Reactions: Aijuly

Aijuly

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
July 2016
AOR Received.
November
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
Oct 10
Med's Done....
Oct 11
Passport Req..
Not yet
I called them.
U were right.
If u chk non accompaning. U will not get pr with ur husband.
But if ur husband still add u as dependent , status will automatically change to accoumpaning.
they told me donot wry . When u added ur wife as dependent status was automatically changed.
Showing accompaning.
Thats great Buddy
No one wanna wait another year
Lol

Jkm396

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
INLAND SINP
Application received :12 march 2017
AOR : 15 may 2017
RPRF: 22 sep 2017
Med req : 1 mar 2018
Med pass : 25 mar 2018

Added spouse on 10 april 2018
Got update on account reviewing addituonal document which you provide
( spouse document ) on 20 april 2018

Got update on 27 april 2018 nothing change inside
I CALLED cic today about to ask update they said we got your spouse document and they start Background check for my spouse and my(principleapplicant)$background check, security, medical all is passed
So do i know how long it will take to clear my spouse background check and med. and everything ? Because we will get PPR together now

I didnt paid any fees for my spouse, if any fees required then how they start background check before i paid her any fees ?
Please any suggestion

Jkm396

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
needPermit said:
Here's my timeline:

PNP Application received by CIC: Dec 28, 2016
AOR: Feb 12, 2017
Medical request: Jan 8, 2018
Got Married: March 08, 2018
Added wife: April 04, 2018
Marriage certificate and other docs are sent to cic but not Police clearance certificate of wife as i didn’t get it till now. Not submitting Pcc, will it effect my application ? I’ll submit it as soon as i get it thou. Pls help

We have similar timeline, did you paid application fees for your spouse when you upload documnet for your wife ?
Did you get any reply from CIC yet or any change in application?
Please inform me because ill get idea about it
Thank you

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
INLAND SINP

I CALLED cic today about to ask update they said we got your spouse document and they start Background check for my spouse and my(principleapplicant)$background check, security, medical all is passed
So do i know how long it will take to clear my spouse background check and med. and everything ? Because we will get PPR together now

I didnt paid any fees for my spouse, if any fees required then how they start background check before i paid her any fees ?
Please any suggestion
I think 9 to 12 months .

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
needPermit said:
Here's my timeline:

PNP Application received by CIC: Dec 28, 2016
AOR: Feb 12, 2017
Medical request: Jan 8, 2018
Got Married: March 08, 2018
Added wife: April 04, 2018
Marriage certificate and other docs are sent to cic but not Police clearance certificate of wife as i didn’t get it till now. Not submitting Pcc, will it effect my application ? I’ll submit it as soon as i get it thou. Pls help

We have similar timeline, did you paid application fees for your spouse when you upload documnet for your wife ?
Did you get any reply from CIC yet or any change in application?
Please inform me because ill get idea about it
Thank you
I paid all fees when i added my wife in my file. . Jst an update of addition of depenent on my gckey. After tht nothing .
did u attached explanation letter(Reason of not submitting pcc)

Aijuly

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
July 2016
AOR Received.
November
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
Oct 10
Med's Done....
Oct 11
Passport Req..
Not yet
INLAND SINP

Please any suggestion
Which Number did u try to contact cic
I use 1888 242 2100
Then i use 3 410 combination for an agent
U m trying this from last 2 weeks but no luck yet.
Do u mind sharing which number and combination you use.
Thanks

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
INLAND SINP

Please any suggestion

The update you got on 27th , that I guess is for the Client ID given to your spouse. You can verify it using mycic.gc.ca account and under dependants. It will now go into review and through the whole process. You will soon be receiving instructions to pay the additional fee. Incase you haven't even paid processing fee for your wife, I think they will return the file.
Use Pay Online tool to pay the initial processing fee (I think around 550) and submit it using web-form. This may delay your processing as they will have to upload the document and review the additional (fee payment) but it will be way better than to have a return file.

Jkm396

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
The update you got on 27th , that I guess is for the Client ID given to your spouse. You can verify it using mycic.gc.ca account and under dependants. It will now go into review and through the whole process. You will soon be receiving instructions to pay the additional fee. Incase you haven't even paid processing fee for your wife, I think they will return the file.
Use Pay Online tool to pay the initial processing fee (I think around 550) and submit it using web-form. This may delay your processing as they will have to upload the document and review the additional (fee payment) but it will be way better than to have a return file.
Thank you for quick reply
I check my cic account but there is only my name on the application and only my UCI number i didnt found USI and name of my spouse on it
I’ll pay application fees $ 550 for my spouse today and ill upload through webform
Thank you

Reactions: ayaz94