Med's Done....
Oct 11
Passport Req..
Not yet
She applied from outside.
She was in india.
Thanks for quick reply Naav
Could u plz share the details like
Did u apply for open work permit or visitor visa first?
What kind of documents did they ask ??
What was the pricessing time ???
Did u apply her permit or she created her gckey??
Any help would be appreciated
Thank you so mucch

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
When u apply work permit in gckey u will get 2nd option of visa too. It will be there dnt wrry .
First they will ask for passport . To put visa stamp. When u will arrive in toronto . They will give u work permit. Its jst like study permit. Frst u get study visa and on arrival study permit.
Documnts will be listed there in gckey.
Jst create single pdf for all documnts.
Attach pnp letter . Job letter Noc(O,A,B) Mrg certificate. Mrg pics 4 to 5 . Screenshot of calls . Video calls. Few selfies.
NOTE: SUPPORTING LETTER FROM YOUR SIDE . AND EXPLANATION LETTER THT Y U NEED WORK PERMIT.
U r applying work perrmit under section # xxx bla, bla bla. Ur wife has to create her gckey and will apply work permit.
Processing time it took 6 weeks for my wife' work permit.
Hope this will help u.
It will be easy jst open gckey. U will get it

Reactions: Aijuly

sakshi_can

Jun 17, 2017
When u apply work permit in gckey u will get 2nd option of visa too. It will be there dnt wrry .
First they will ask for passport . To put visa stamp. When u will arrive in toronto . They will give u work permit. Its jst like study permit. Frst u get study visa and on arrival study permit.
Attach pnp letter . Job letter Noc(O,A,B) Mrg certificate. Mrg pics 4 to 5 . Screenshot of calls . Video calls. Few selfies.
NOTE: SUPPORTING LETTER FROM YOUR SIDE . AND EXPLANATION LETTER THT Y U NEED WORK PERMIT.
U r applying work perrmit under section # xxx bla, bla bla. Ur wife has to create her gckey and will apply work permit.
Hope this will help u.

Hi,

Need some advise
Thanku so much
My husband is in canada on PGWP and is a full time employer and his job is classified under noc b.
I want to apply sowp

We got married in feb 2018 and my husband has applied his pnp pr file in jan 2018.
After our marriage he went to canada in march 2018 and updated his relationship status to cic and received confirmation email to cic that your relationship status has been changed from single to married and if you want to add your dependent then send us the required forms. But he didn't.
Because we want to apply sowp first then will add me as a dependent in his pr file

Is it possible?? Or do he need to do add me as a dependent first?

Thanks,

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
He should . Bcz they can process ur file also with ur husband's file.
In my case i added my wife as dependent . I waited 1 months then applied for her open work permit.

Last edited:

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
NOTE: please wait for aor . Then he should add u as a dependent asap.
Aor (file number). Then he can mention to add u as dependent in that file number

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Hi,

Need some advise
Thanku so much
My husband is in canada on PGWP and is a full time employer and his job is classified under noc b.
I want to apply sowp

We got married in feb 2018 and my husband has applied his pnp pr file in jan 2018.
After our marriage he went to canada in march 2018 and updated his relationship status to cic and received confirmation email to cic that your relationship status has been changed from single to married and if you want to add your dependent then send us the required forms. But he didn't.
Because we want to apply sowp first then will add me as a dependent in his pr file

Is it possible?? Or do he need to do add me as a dependent first?

Thanks,
Aor (file number). Then he can mention to add u as dependent in that file number.

Moreover , you have to show funds also. Joint acnt (india), ur acnt (india), ur husband's bank account (canada) he can get bank statemnt from bank with stamp of bank.

Last edited:

sakshi_can

Jun 17, 2017
Aor (file number). Then he can mention to add u as dependent in that file number.

Moreover , you have to show funds also. Joint acnt (india), ur acnt (india), ur husband's bank account (canada) he can get bank statemnt from bank with stamp of bank.

Hi
Many thabks for your quick response :)
Can we apply sowp first? As he already upaated his relationship status to cic.
According to cic website i can apply sowp on the basis of my husband's PGWP beacuse he is not PR yet.
But m confused.. pls suggest can we do like this?? Or its mandatory to add me as a dependent first??
We are planning to add later because of some documents as we are preparing.

One more thing as you mentioned that we waited for one month. It means when you added your dependent and after that when cic added then you applied sowp?
Pls advise

THanku so much

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Its upto u guys how you wanna apply.
I dnt know tht what are the rules.
Please do proper research on website. Also u can call them. or try to find other links too. Maybe someone else can suggest you regarding this.

I m jst sharing how we applied. I sent my wife's file on dec 17th 2017. After two days her name was added to my file as dependent. I was able to see her name in gckey . Then we waited one month. Then in mid of jan 2018 we applied for work permit.

I had shared with my friend tht u guys wanna apply for work permit before adding ur file in pr file. He didnot know anyone who applied like this.
Adding a dependent is gonna make ur case good. As they can see tht u have applied for pr also. ( this is what i think)
Bcz u will have uci number once they add u as dependent.

If the website is saying tht u can apply then call them and confirm with them.

Aijuly

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
July 2016
AOR Received.
November
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
Oct 10
Med's Done....
Oct 11
Passport Req..
Not yet
Hope this will help u.
Thanku so much

sakshi_can

Jun 17, 2017
Its upto u guys how you wanna apply.
I dnt know tht what are the rules.
Please do proper research on website. Also u can call them. or try to find other links too. Maybe someone else can suggest you regarding this.

I m jst sharing how we applied. I sent my wife's file on dec 17th 2017. After two days her name was added to my file as dependent. I was able to see her name in gckey . Then we waited one month. Then in mid of jan 2018 we applied for work permit.

I had shared with my friend tht u guys wanna apply for work permit before adding ur file in pr file. He didnot know anyone who applied like this.
Adding a dependent is gonna make ur case good. As they can see tht u have applied for pr also. ( this is what i think)
Bcz u will have uci number once they add u as dependent.

If the website is saying tht u can apply then call them and confirm with them.

Thanks for your valuable advise!! :)

After adding me in pr file we have to wait until we reeive my uci no?

One more question while adding me in pr file i will be tha accompanying dependent or non accompanying??
And we have to pay $550 along with the documents? Or we can upload the documents later we can pay the fee? Is that possible?
I know some questions are silly but m really confused And dont want to mess the things.

Hope you understand
Thanks

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Total fee will be 1050 or someting like that.
550 processing and 450 less or more landing fee. I think u have to pay processing fee in the starting. Landing u can pay later. Usually people pay all of it in the starting to reduce the processing time.

U will be able to see uci number to the right of ur name in gckey.
Ur name will be shown in gcky with ur uci number. (Name shown = getting uci number) its a same thing.
Paying spouse fee is tricky. Dnt pay the wrong one. I dnt remeber wht is the exact way to pay spouse fee. But be very careful.
I suggest u tht ur husband should call them while paying the fee.
One of the customer service reprenstative helped me to pay fee. He was on his system and guided me. I will try to find tht link for u but not guarnted.
In my case. I mention non accompaning. ( accompning means that ur spouse is entering in canada with you. @gain i m not sure about the meaning. Please check on cic website.

I dnt think so tht u can upload docunts , you have to send them by post . This is what they told me.

Here you go . But please check it properly on your behalf

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?countrySelect=CA&lob=pn

Last edited:

sakshi_can

Jun 17, 2017
Total fee will be 1050 or someting like that.
550 processing and 450 less or more landing fee. I think u have to pay processing fee in the starting. Landing u can pay later. Usually people pay all of it in the starting to reduce the processing time.

U will be able to see uci number to the right of ur name in gckey.
Ur name will be shown in gcky with ur uci number. (Name shown = getting uci number) its a same thing.
Paying spouse fee is tricky. Dnt pay the wrong one. I dnt remeber wht is the exact way to pay spouse fee. But be very careful.
I suggest u tht ur husband should call them while paying the fee.
One of the customer service reprenstative helped me to pay fee. He was on his system and guided me. I will try to find tht link for u but not guarnted.
In my case. I mention non accompaning. ( accompning means that ur spouse is entering in canada with you. @gain i m not sure about the meaning. Please check on cic website.

I dnt think so tht u can upload docunts , you have to send them by post . This is what they told me.

Here you go . But please check it properly on your behalf

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?countrySelect=CA&lob=pn

Ok i will check
But my husband received an emai from cic when he sent marriage cert to them
THEy asked him to upload the documents through web form. They also sent a link to mu husband.
For fee i'll ask my husband to call them.

We are doing both the files in parallel. Right?

One side my husband will add me and on other hand i will apply sowp. Or should i wait for uci no?

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Thts good, they give a link to u guys.
In my case they didnt.

I was in the situation same as urs . We waited for one month after getting uci number.
I suggest u wait atleast for uci number then apply for workpwrmit. Or atleast wait for one week after sending all forms to them.
It will be worth.

Last edited:
Reactions: sakshi_can

sakshi_can

Jun 17, 2017
Thts good, they give a link to u guys.
In my case they didnt.

I was in the situation same as urs . We waited for one month after getting uci number.
I suggest u wait atleast for uci number then apply for workpwrmit. Or atleast wait for one week after sending all forms to them.
It will be worth.

Ok
Thanku so much for helping me :)
Now your wife got sowp? And in how many days?

One more thing he ahould add me in accompanying member ? Right?