Med's Done....
07-013-2017
6 month after add my spouse
Here's my timeline:

PNP Application received by CIC: May 20, 2016
AOR: Aug 18, 2016
Medical request: June 8, 2017
Got Married: Aug 19, 2017
Sent Add-on request to CIC for my wife: Sep 8, 2017 (the add-on request included her upfront medical that we needed for her open work permit. I sent our Ontario marriage certificate and police clearance a month later)
Wife got her open work permit: December 22, 2017
Wife's name official got added to the file: Jan 24, 2018
Additional documents such as photos, etc: Jan 28, 2018
Additional documents provided to CIC: Jan 30, 2018

We provided my wife's upfront medical. Currently on my my account online, it says "We are currently reviewing the additional documents you provided" and my background is in process.

Reactions: Mickeyy

sunny BEST

Jan 5, 2018
Here's my timeline:

PNP Application received by CIC: May 20, 2016
AOR: Aug 18, 2016
Medical request: June 8, 2017
Got Married: Aug 19, 2017
Sent Add-on request to CIC for my wife: Sep 8, 2017 (the add-on request included her upfront medical that we needed for her open work permit. I sent our Ontario marriage certificate and police clearance a month later)
Wife got her open work permit: December 22, 2017
Wife's name official got added to the file: Jan 24, 2018
Additional documents such as photos, etc: Jan 28, 2018
Additional documents provided to CIC: Jan 30, 2018

We provided my wife's upfront medical. Currently on my my account online, it says "We are currently reviewing the additional documents you provided" and my background is in process.
within month you get ppr according to me ......
i dont beleive in upfront anything . ..when i send all my full application of my wife ....photos , whats app chat , facebook chat , marriage certificate ,, certificate from palace . police cleareance . new passpots after marriage . expenses receipts .. everything .they still ask me after 5 month all this documents again ... questionare and photos on 14 feb 2018 . then after medical on 19 march 2018.........still waiting to medical update in my account ...

needPermit

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
within month you get ppr according to me ......
i dont beleive in upfront anything . ..when i send all my full application of my wife ....photos , whats app chat , facebook chat , marriage certificate ,, certificate from palace . police cleareance . new passpots after marriage . expenses receipts .. everything .they still ask me after 5 month all this documents again ... questionare and photos on 14 feb 2018 . then after medical on 19 march 2018.........still waiting to medical update in my account ...
We didn't send any chats or photos upfront. When I originally sent the add-on request for my wife, I submitted all the required docs such as IMM0008, etc. The reason we submitted upfront medical was because my wife had already done her medicals before we sent the add-on request because we needed it for her spousal open work permit. Since, we had her medicals already, we thought why not send it now. If they need it again, they'll ask for it.

Recently, I had an update on my account where the status of the medical went from "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam" to "You do not need a medical exam" to back again "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam". I hope we get the approval soon. It's been almost 2 years.

Mickeyy

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Hi everyone,

My file for PNP PR is also under processing. I have cleared the medical and Now I want to add my spouse to my current application. As mentioned on CIC website, I raised an enquiry through web form but the reply I got was vague and they didn't even ask for documents. How did you guys inform CIC about the change? How long it took to receive a reply from them? What all documents I need to prepare.
I shall be very thankful to you for your quick reply.

Regards,
Saurabh Sharma
I’m going to do same as you..I don’t know how much time will it take thou

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
I’m going to do same as you..I don’t know how much time will it take thou
Please find out , if u can apply for your spouse's pr after getting ur pr .
If u got medical . Jst wait for your pr then apply for ur spouse's pr . Inform them that ur are married but dnt add spouse's file.

I m not sure its possible or not . But seems like this is the best way to go.

needPermit

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
If u got medical . Jst wait for your pr then apply for ur spouse's pr . Inform them that ur are married but dnt add spouse's file.

No, it is not possible.

If you are married, your spouse's name has to be added to the file. Otherwise, if you obtain PR without adding your spouse and go at the border to do landing, you WILL be rejected because it will be considered as misrepresentation since you are married but your file says you are single.

So technically, you have to add your spouse even if your spouse is not accompanying you because it is IRCC's mandate to ensure that you and your spouse receive PR at the same time. Either that, or you wait for your PR first and then get married.

Mickeyy

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018

No mate ! I did inform cic about my marriage. a bunch of forms are sent to me for adding my spouse along with my application. If you don’t let them know now that you’re married you won’t be able to bring her in canada for life. That’s what i know

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
No, it is not possible.

If you are married, your spouse's name has to be added to the file. Otherwise, if you obtain PR without adding your spouse and go at the border to do landing, you WILL be rejected because it will be considered as misrepresentation since you are married but your file says you are single.

So technically, you have to add your spouse even if your spouse is not accompanying you because it is IRCC's mandate to ensure that you and your spouse receive PR at the same time. Either that, or you wait for your PR first and then get married.
Agreed to this. You have to mention you're married and they will send you forms about him/her (no matter if he or she is accompanying you).

NAAV

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
wife is coming on work permit.
Do i need to get health insurance from back home or from here . So that she will have insurance till she get her health card.

hariqbal

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Here is my timeline, I hope it may help some people to get an idea
applied PR on july 2016.
Got married in april 2017.
Added wife in may 2017.
Name added on file in july 2017.
No reply until 18 months which was in january 2018.
contacted cic that i already crossed 18 month of proccessing time. She told me she is going to put a note right away on my wife then officer will contact you. After 2 days on january 18 officer contacted me via email that criteria for my application changed so there is not processing timeline. we are doing additional checking and told me to keep the correspondence with them minimum. Exactly after 10 days they sent me an email to send them relationship questionare form and couple of other forma to fill including wedding pics, online chat etc. But unfortunately i did not recieve that email. As they told me to keep contact with them minimum, I did not contact them for 2 months. Then i contacted them on 25th of march regarding this and they told me we asked you additional documents you did not reply. So i describe the situation and they sent me email again. Then after all i recieved medical request for me and my spouse this thursday so did medicals on friday. Now waiting for medical passed status on cic.

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Here is my timeline, I hope it may help some people to get an idea
applied PR on july 2016.
Got married in april 2017.
Added wife in may 2017.
Name added on file in july 2017.
No reply until 18 months which was in january 2018.
contacted cic that i already crossed 18 month of proccessing time. She told me she is going to put a note right away on my wife then officer will contact you. After 2 days on january 18 officer contacted me via email that criteria for my application changed so there is not processing timeline. we are doing additional checking and told me to keep the correspondence with them minimum. Exactly after 10 days they sent me an email to send them relationship questionare form and couple of other forma to fill including wedding pics, online chat etc. But unfortunately i did not recieve that email. As they told me to keep contact with them minimum, I did not contact them for 2 months. Then i contacted them on 25th of march regarding this and they told me we asked you additional documents you did not reply. So i describe the situation and they sent me email again. Then after all i recieved medical request for me and my spouse this thursday so did medicals on friday. Now waiting for medical passed status on cic.
Hi,

Did you send any forms at the time of adding your wife (in may 2017)? Or was it just at the time when they ask you about the relationship?

Mickeyy

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Here's my timeline:

PNP Application received by CIC: Dec 28, 2016
AOR: Feb 12, 2017
Medical request: Jan 8, 2018
Got Married: March 08, 2018
Added wife: April 04, 2018
Marriage certificate and other docs are sent to cic but not Police clearance certificate of wife as i didn’t get it till now. Not submitting Pcc, will it effect my application ? I’ll submit it as soon as i get it thou. Pls help

Aijuly

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
July 2016
AOR Received.
November
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
Oct 10
Med's Done....
Oct 11
Passport Req..
Not yet
Congo to you
My wife also got owp.
Only thing is i didnt get my medical.
Still waiting .
Hi dear
Was your wife already in canada or she applied owp from outside of country ???