+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after ppr, taking too long, please connect here

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
I did the same last month. If everyone in this web portal do the same then it may fetch the attention of the Visa office/Officer .
I think there is lack of visa officer in our office
That's why inland applicants are not getting 2nd ppr even after 8.5 months.. and outland applicants are getting ppr within 4 months of adding their spouse

Will they take more than an year!
This is so frustrating

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
Hoping for the best. It has been a long wait!
But atleast you know you have got the ppr
Some of us have added our spouse in march
And most importantly you are living with your spouse
We have seen our spouse once in last 10 months and still don't know how much time is it going to take
So you can consider yourself lucky

Reactions: kushagra452

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
But atleast you know you have got the ppr
Some of us have added our spouse in march
And most importantly you are living with your spouse
We have seen our spouse once in last 10 months and still don't know how much time is it going to take
So you can consider yourself lucky
Good luck for the new chapter in Canada :)

Reactions: kushagra452

mnair.anop

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
I think there is lack of visa officer in our office
That's why inland applicants are not getting 2nd ppr even after 8.5 months.. and outland applicants are getting ppr within 4 months of adding their spouse

Will they take more than an year!
This is so frustrating
May be one year like Spouse sponsorship.
Is there anything we can do to get it done other than calling CIC ?

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
May be one year like Spouse sponsorship.
Is there anything we can do to get it done other than calling CIC ?
Trust me, had i known it, i would have done it
But I was thinking, should we write an application to process our application soon as we are staying away in the initial year of our marriage..will it help by any chance!

mnair.anop

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
May be an Immigration lawyer can help with this question .
Do you know how many are there with this kind of situation ?

mnair.anop

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
I only know 3
But I'm sure there will be more as everyone doesn't come on forum
Okay I just called them and the agent admit that there is a delay in the application process. But he emphasized that all documents are in order and they do not require any additional documents. More over the notification which they sent last month has been read by the Visa officer but not responded yet. I asked them to send another notification again .

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
Okay I just called them and the agent admit that there is a delay in the application process. But he emphasized that all documents are in order and they do not require any additional documents. More over the notification which they sent last month has been read by the Visa officer but not responded yet. I asked them to send another notification again .
Did he tell whats causing the delay!
How much more time are they gonna take..any rough idea!
And did he agree to send another reminder!

mnair.anop

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Did he tell whats causing the delay!
How much more time are they gonna take..any rough idea!
And did he agree to send another reminder!
He did agree to send another reminder
Hopefully he has done it already. But he does not know neither the reason for the delay nor the time frame. The only thing is no additional documents needed at this point.

uenkh

Jan 10, 2019
Got my first PPR in September and notified IRCC of my marriage right away. They asked for additional documents October 28 and sent the documents Nov 25. Now the wait begins again...

Do they always ask to fill out the questionnaire? It had questions like describing the development of the relationship, photos, weddings, proof of relationship etc. It was so hard to cram all the documents into 3 slots.