No
Med's Request
Oct 10
Med's Done....
Oct 11
Passport Req..
Not yet
Hi Aijuly,
Yes, my status changed and it read we need additional documents. But i didn't get any mail or request letter, so i raised an enquiry with CPC-CTD-OTTAWA and asked them about the additional documents.
In a reply to that e-mail they told me that they didn't receive medicals for my spouse. In another email they sent me a form required for the medicals.
Got the medicals done on 2nd February and updated CIC on the same.
The status changed to medical exam passed on 6th February but post that, status shows Background check as not applicable and hasn't moved further.
I got ppr on 9 jan and on jan 10 i got married then they gave me a month to upload her doc on my cic account.
Week after uploading doc i got her medical request.
How long from here ??
Rough guess ???

tejbirsingh

Jun 7, 2017
I got ppr on 9 jan and on jan 10 i got married then they gave me a month to upload her doc on my cic account.
How long from here ??
Rough guess ???
After submitting the e-medical, status changed from reviewing the medical results to medical exam passed. After that, my application hasn't moved further.

Aijuly

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
July 2016
AOR Received.
November
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
Oct 10
Med's Done....
Oct 11
Passport Req..
Not yet
After submitting the e-medical, status changed from reviewing the medical results to medical exam passed. After that, my application hasn't moved further.
I ll be following this thread
Plz update if u get ppr or document request.
I hope u get it soon.
Waheguru mehar kere

Reactions: tejbirsingh

Ussie@11

Feb 26, 2018
Hi,
Would you guys please advise me how to proceed with my application? I am a graduate student currently holding a study permit. I would like to add my partner with whom I lived for 2 years before coming to Canada. He couldn't accompany me to CA at that time, as his work contract was going to be finished in a half a year's time. Now that his contract is ended, he would like to join me first by applying for a work permit, and ultimately applying for PR as my dependent.
The problem is that I applied for my study permit and created my EE application as Single/Never been married, instead of Common-law partner. The concept of common-law partners is foreign in our countries, I simply had no idea that we were common-law partners according to CA laws at that time.
- I received my study permit in August 2017, and
- Created my EE account on October 2017. I am currently in the pool with CRS 436, patiently waiting for OINP or ITA. (We would get the same score of 436 as common-law partners).
Question 1) If I modify my current EE application and create a new one as common-law partners, I am afraid it will be considered as misrepresentation, and there will be serious consequences of that. How do I go about this? When is a good time to declare?
Question 2) Meanwhile, he needs a work permit to join me immediately. 'Open work permit' visa type welcomes spouses of international students, which would have been ideal for him. But again, since my study permit is filed as single, is it possible that he applies as my partner? If not, what are other options? He is from a visa exempt country.

Please share your thoughts on this matter. I really appreciate any advice/direction on this. Thank you!

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hi,
Would you guys please advise me how to proceed with my application? I am a graduate student currently holding a study permit. I would like to add my partner with whom I lived for 2 years before coming to Canada. He couldn't accompany me to CA at that time, as his work contract was going to be finished in a half a year's time. Now that his contract is ended, he would like to join me first by applying for a work permit, and ultimately applying for PR as my dependent.
The problem is that I applied for my study permit and created my EE application as Single/Never been married, instead of Common-law partner. The concept of common-law partners is foreign in our countries, I simply had no idea that we were common-law partners according to CA laws at that time.
- I received my study permit in August 2017, and
- Created my EE account on October 2017. I am currently in the pool with CRS 436, patiently waiting for OINP or ITA. (We would get the same score of 436 as common-law partners).
Question 1) If I modify my current EE application and create a new one as common-law partners, I am afraid it will be considered as misrepresentation, and there will be serious consequences of that. How do I go about this? When is a good time to declare?
Question 2) Meanwhile, he needs a work permit to join me immediately. 'Open work permit' visa type welcomes spouses of international students, which would have been ideal for him. But again, since my study permit is filed as single, is it possible that he applies as my partner? If not, what are other options? He is from a visa exempt country.

Please share your thoughts on this matter. I really appreciate any advice/direction on this. Thank you!
I can only answer the first question, as long as you are in EE pool and haven't received an ITA, you can change things as many times as you like. Once the ITA is received, you are [kind of] locked in with what you had submitted. Hope this helps.

Aijuly

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
July 2016
AOR Received.
November
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
Oct 10
Med's Done....
Oct 11
Passport Req..
Not yet
Hi Bro,
Yesterday my status changed to Background check in progress. Any update at your end?
Congrats veer
Mine is in process since i have submited the docs, dont know if it is a glitch.
But i really hope u get it soon.
Honsala hi ho jau

rpthakar

Feb 16, 2018
How long from here ??
Rough guess ???
Hello, I am with this same timeline and situation...have you any updates after submitting your spouse docs??

Aijuly

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
July 2016
AOR Received.
November
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
Oct 10
Med's Done....
Oct 11
Passport Req..
Not yet
Hello, I am with this same timeline and situation...have you any updates after submitting your spouse docs??
Not yet
Whats your timeline ??
And stauts ??

Aijuly

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
July 2016
AOR Received.
November
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
Oct 10
Med's Done....
Oct 11
Passport Req..
Not yet
Submitted docs around Mid of Jan and after one week got medical request and 12th feb done medical and same day submit e-medical...and status is...in process
Is your background in process ??
Mine application is in process since i have submitted the docs ??
Hopefully u get it soon..
Plz post if there is any progress.

rpthakar

Feb 16, 2018
Is your background in process ??
Mine application is in process since i have submitted the docs ??
Hopefully u get it soon..
Plz post if there is any progress.
mine application also is in process since all docs submitted...
Hope we get it soon...cross fingers

Reactions: Aijuly

Aijuly

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
July 2016
AOR Received.
November
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
Oct 10
Med's Done....
Oct 11
Passport Req..
Not yet
mine application also is in process since all docs submitted...
Hope we get it soon...cross fingers
Hi rpthakar
Any news on your application ???