+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after PPR and before landing

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
You're thinking right with the 2nd option. Revised PPR shouldn't take a lot of time - it really depends on your spouse's document requirements. If there is no delay in submitting the required documents, it should be a matter of weeks adding them to your application and issuing fresh COPRs. Depending on when you inform CIC, you might have to redo medicals but that's a remote possibility if you initiate this process in January itself.

Congratulations & all the best!
I am also looking at slightly similar situation and need some inputs. My app is approved and closed and I am waiting for return tracker to be activated. I will get my CORP any time this week and our due date is in about 5 weeks. I will not get any appointment to do INLAND landing with in 5 weeks.

If I wait until the delivery... what are my options? Do they invalidate my CORP and I need to wait to add my child and go through eligibility process again? If so, how long will that delay my application? My child will be born in CAN if that makes any difference.

If I do decide to go to border and flagpole before due date, will I have any problems with agents letting us in while preg?

clinchy

Apr 22, 2016
Hello,

Who can tell please how long does it take to add common law partner on visa application before landing ? I had COPR and visa but returned as I had to add my fiancee who I will marry in summer, before original visa will expire - August. We sent medical checks in April. How things should happen from here : a new visa will be issue or it will be the same visa I had - validity August. If not when I should have the same visa I had before adding her and another COPR of course.. Was someone in this situation ?

Thanks in advance.

Gidipatiya

Apr 20, 2015
Hi,

Can somebody help me please????

I was going through my divorce while I was having my common law relationship. I have a daughter from my marriage as well as from the common law relationship. I received the invitation and submitted application and then I was interviewed by the local Canadian embassy and requested the divorce certificate for them to progress with the case. But, I ended up with not getting the divorce after 3 years of courts trial. But my husband agreed and signed the documents to take his daughter to Canada with me. I informed this new change plus Common Law relationship and the new born information to the local Canadian embassy and they requested a list of documents including evidence to process the application, which I provided in full.

Has anyone faced a situation as such..what could be the next steps? Will they recalculate my score? If they do, I'm out...

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Gidipatiya said:
Hi,

Can somebody help me please????

I was going through my divorce while I was having my common law relationship. I have a daughter from my marriage as well as from the common law relationship. I received the invitation and submitted application and then I was interviewed by the local Canadian embassy and requested the divorce certificate for them to progress with the case. But, I ended up with not getting the divorce after 3 years of courts trial. But my husband agreed and signed the documents to take his daughter to Canada with me. I informed this new change plus Common Law relationship and the new born information to the local Canadian embassy and they requested a list of documents including evidence to process the application, which I provided in full.

Has anyone faced a situation as such..what could be the next steps? Will they recalculate my score? If they do, I'm out...
Need more details here. But assuming that your old relationship is no longer valid; then you would need a divorce certificate. If you proceed to land without removing your old husband, I suspect this would amount to "misrepresentation" and is grounds for removal from Canada.
Unfortunately, this is not what you want to hear. But you do really need a divorce certificate in order to move on and simplify your life in Canada.

jaghsi

Apr 11, 2017
Hi,

I am in an odd situation. I received my AOR on Jan 4th, 2017. Earlier it was decided that my wife will NOT accompany me to Canada (although they had asked for most of her details in the application I submitted) as my father-in-law was diagnosed with cancer and my wife wanted to stay back and be there during the course of his treatment. I received my PPR on April 3, 2017. My father-in-law’s last few blood report shows drastic improvement in his health. In fact he has improved quite a bit and is now able to carry out his daily routine without any assistance. Now, since his health has improved, my wife is ready to come along with me to Canada. I have not submitted my passport yet and have raised a case specific inquiry. My question is:

• Is there any other way to communicate with IRCC or is it only through the online, case specific inquiry portal?
• How long does it take for IRCC to respond?
• What are the chances of IRCC accepting my request? Is there anyone else who has been in a similar situation?
• Can this impact my application?

Any information would be really helpful. Not sure how to go about this.

Thanks

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
jaghsi said:
Hi,

I am in an odd situation. I received my AOR on Jan 4th, 2017. Earlier it was decided that my wife will NOT accompany me to Canada (although they had asked for most of her details in the application I submitted) as my father-in-law was diagnosed with cancer and my wife wanted to stay back and be there during the course of his treatment. I received my PPR on April 3, 2017. My father-in-law’s last few blood report shows drastic improvement in his health. In fact he has improved quite a bit and is now able to carry out his daily routine without any assistance. Now, since his health has improved, my wife is ready to come along with me to Canada. I have not submitted my passport yet and have raised a case specific inquiry. My question is:

• Is there any other way to communicate with IRCC or is it only through the online, case specific inquiry portal?
• How long does it take for IRCC to respond?
• What are the chances of IRCC accepting my request? Is there anyone else who has been in a similar situation?
• Can this impact my application?

Any information would be really helpful. Not sure how to go about this.

Thanks
Your PPR email should indicate an email id that you can use.

RJ73

Oct 23, 2017
Hello,

Good Morning.

I submitted my EE profile under FSW-Inland category on March 1st, 2017. I received passport request on October 26,2017.

My marital status got changed in June, 2017, However, I informed CIC via email but unfortunately they have not acknowledged that and its just me receiving PPR.

I called them on the October 26,2017 and on November 1, they have opened a window asking my wife's medical, PCC, all required forms and evidence of relationship documents, I have paid $1040 as well.

Please advise me how long ll it take to receive PPR for my wife from this point? I have submitted all the documents for my wife. My wife is in Canada on Visitor Permit.

Should I submit my passport first as I have 30 days timeline from October 26th?

Hope you will provide your valuable feedback.

Thank you.

mbd

Nov 20, 2017
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
PPR 16 Nov 17 (NDVO)
Marriage 10 Dec 17
Dead line to submit passport - 15 Dec 17
Marriage certificate time line - 7 days after application

What to do?

@deadbird @Ufa6174

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PPR 16 Nov 17 (NDVO)
Marriage 10 Dec 17
Dead line to submit passport - 15 Dec 17
Marriage certificate time line - 7 days after application

What to do?

@deadbird @Ufa6174
You don't need to send Marriage Certificate to inform about martial status change.
Drop them an email that you are married (On or after Dec 10th) and they will update your profile and ask for additional docs.

Or do you already informed that you are getting married?

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@gowthamp No, I have not informed yet as it doesn't hold any ground until I got actually married.
Wait until the marriage date and then send an email to NDVO and Ottawa Visa Offices.
Email should be fine and dont need to send any documents.

tejbirsingh

Jun 7, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I got my CoPR in October 2017 and got visa till 17 July 2018. Then on December 3rd i got married and informed CIC about that. They gave me a month's time to submit the forms to add spouse in the application. I submitted the documents on 6th January 2018.
Now my concern is how much time will CIC take in such cases. They informed in the request letter that my spouse medical should be done after they review the documents that i had sent.
Can anyone throw a light on how much time the entire process will take.

Thanks & regards
Tej

Reactions: anirudhmagon

Aijuly

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
July 2016
AOR Received.
November
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
Oct 10
Med's Done....
Oct 11
Passport Req..
Not yet
Hi Everyone,

I got my CoPR in October 2017 and got visa till 17 July 2018. Then on December 3rd i got married and informed CIC about that. They gave me a month's time to submit the forms to add spouse in the application. I submitted the documents on 6th January 2018.
Now my concern is how much time will CIC take in such cases. They informed in the request letter that my spouse medical should be done after they review the documents that i had sent.
Can anyone throw a light on how much time the entire process will take.

Thanks & regards
Tej
Hi tej
Did u get medical request for your spouse ???
Or anyother update ???
Exactly same thing is happening to me so bit curious to know about your application status..

tejbirsingh

Jun 7, 2017
Hi tej
Did u get medical request for your spouse ???
Or anyother update ???
Exactly same thing is happening to me so bit curious to know about your application status..
Hi Aijuly,
Yes, my status changed and it read we need additional documents. But i didn't get any mail or request letter, so i raised an enquiry with CPC-CTD-OTTAWA and asked them about the additional documents.
In a reply to that e-mail they told me that they didn't receive medicals for my spouse. In another email they sent me a form required for the medicals.
Got the medicals done on 2nd February and updated CIC on the same.
The status changed to medical exam passed on 6th February but post that, status shows Background check as not applicable and hasn't moved further.

Reactions: Aijuly