+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

adding spouse after COPR

sawab don

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Karachi, Pakistan
NOC Code......
its not a big deal i think..jus check with the hospital if they have send the medical test reports to CIC ...
emedical receipt is not very important i feel
Thanks paul, i just uploaded the receipt on 30th and the medical exam passed today. Did your status change too or did you just get the new ppr directly?

paulmathew88

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Thanks paul, i just uploaded the receipt on 30th and the medical exam passed today. Did your status change too or did you just get the new ppr directly?
yeah...it showed medical passed after the hospital ppl uploaded the medical test report . Got a ghost update and PPR was issued few days after that

_Reggie_

Sep 22, 2018
Please was your spouse required to complete biometrics? There's no mention of this on the request letter sent. Asking cos we are wondering if to include biometric fees while paying for the RPRF and application fee.

Guys ..just now received my PPR . LVO was super quick in my case ..anyway maybe they r compensating for putting me in SS for an year .
Anyways ...thank god ..everything went pretty smoothly...

_Reggie_

Sep 22, 2018
Would appreciate any info on biometrics for spouse added. This wasn't included in the request letter. Was it required later? Thanks

paulmathew88

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Please was your spouse required to complete biometrics? There's no mention of this on the request letter sent. Asking cos we are wondering if to include biometric fees while paying for the RPRF and application fee.
Nop ..in my case they didn't ask for biometric of neither myself nor wife . So we didn't do that or made any fee payment for it

MarufC

Sep 10, 2018
Any advice for me @sawab don, still waiting for the email where they would ask for my wife documents, I found out my file is in Ottawa, emailed them still no response. even the call center agent says its still under process. getting tired of waiting.
initial ppr Jan 31st, change of status requested Feb 21st, email received mar 7th saying, "the request has been noted, and they will contact me if any information is required", after that no update.

sawab don

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Karachi, Pakistan
NOC Code......
Any advice for me @sawab don, still waiting for the email where they would ask for my wife documents, I found out my file is in Ottawa, emailed them still no response. even the call center agent says its still under process. getting tired of waiting.
initial ppr Jan 31st, change of status requested Feb 21st, email received mar 7th saying, "the request has been noted, and they will contact me if any information is required", after that no update.
Sorry for the late response, that is odd if they still haven't contacted you. You should mail the Ottawa office again and explain this scenario. What is your nationality ? And LVO?

MarufC

Sep 10, 2018
Nationality Bangladeshi
Provincial nominee (Paper based)
"Your application has been referred to IRCC Ottawa for further review and processing" this is the response i last received after emailing london office as ottawa cpc never replied to email, and case specific enquiry just provides me with general response. However I have just submitted all updated forms and fees associated upfront and sent all the documents in a single document to ottawa office, I just hope they reply to the email.
Thank you for your reply @sawab don.

YuvarajSR

Aug 1, 2018
Hey,

I have a similar case.

Timelines:

Received CoPR in June 2018. PR visa expiry on 23rd March,2019.
Got married on: 2nd December 2018
Informed Delhi-immigration@international.gc.ca: 27th January, 2019
Got reply on: Jan 31, 2019 and they asked for us to submit following:

ASAP :passport and CoPR for cancellation:
Withing 30 days: PCC for both of us, RPRF fee, Application fee, document change fee, IMM8 form , Schedule A form, Additional family information form for both of us, Notarized birth certificate of my spouse, Copy of spouse's valid passport, marriage certificate, few photos of wedding.

Passport and CoPR letter submitted on: 19 Feb, 2019 and collected back on 12 March with cancelled Visa stamp.
Documents submitted: March 1, 2019
Medical request for both of us: 7th March, 2019
Medicals done: 26th March, 2019

Current status: Medicals cleared sometime in first week of April, 2019. EE portal says they are doing background check right now.
Hi Ankur,
You and me are in same boat buddy. Except they didn't ask my medicals as my medical didn't expire by the time I informed about my marriage. Last week the status have changed from You have passed the Medical Exam to You don't need a medical exam. I got my notes from CIC it says, security and criminality not started for my spouse yet. You have any info about how long it will take to get ppr??