+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

adding spouse after COPR

paulmathew88

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hey,

I have a similar case.

Timelines:

Received CoPR in June 2018. PR visa expiry on 23rd March,2019.
Got married on: 2nd December 2018
Informed Delhi-immigration@international.gc.ca: 27th January, 2019
Got reply on: Jan 31, 2019 and they asked for us to submit following:

ASAP :passport and CoPR for cancellation:
Withing 30 days: PCC for both of us, RPRF fee, Application fee, document change fee, IMM8 form , Schedule A form, Additional family information form for both of us, Notarized birth certificate of my spouse, Copy of spouse's valid passport, marriage certificate, few photos of wedding.

Passport and CoPR letter submitted on: 19 Feb, 2019 and collected back on 12 March with cancelled Visa stamp.
Documents submitted: March 1, 2019
Medical request for both of us: 7th March, 2019
Medicals done: 26th March, 2019

Current status: Medicals cleared sometime in first week of April, 2019. EE portal says they are doing background check right now.

Oh..okay.. thanks Ankur for the info .
I thought medicals will be after background check...my medical is over so probably have to wait for background checks to be over now

ankitch

Jan 25, 2019
Hey,

I have a similar case.

Timelines:

Received CoPR in June 2018. PR visa expiry on 23rd March,2019.
Got married on: 2nd December 2018
Informed Delhi-immigration@international.gc.ca: 27th January, 2019
Got reply on: Jan 31, 2019 and they asked for us to submit following:

ASAP :passport and CoPR for cancellation:
Withing 30 days: PCC for both of us, RPRF fee, Application fee, document change fee, IMM8 form , Schedule A form, Additional family information form for both of us, Notarized birth certificate of my spouse, Copy of spouse's valid passport, marriage certificate, few photos of wedding.

Passport and CoPR letter submitted on: 19 Feb, 2019 and collected back on 12 March with cancelled Visa stamp.
Documents submitted: March 1, 2019
Medical request for both of us: 7th March, 2019
Medicals done: 26th March, 2019

Current status: Medicals cleared sometime in first week of April, 2019. EE portal says they are doing background check right now.
Hello Ankur,

Post medical do we need to upload or email e-medical acknowledgement which we received in hospital?
Did u submit your spouse docs via email or uploaded in CIC portal?
What is Document change Fee required for? I didnt receive that request.
Thanks.

_Reggie_

Sep 22, 2018
Please kindly help with the email used to inform Ottawa. Thanks

Hi All,

I'm in a similar situation and stumbled upon this forum post. I happened to get married soon after my PPR and was completely unaware that this would trigger an additional review process. I assumed, naively, that since I applied as a single applicant the change in status would have no bearing on my PR application, and my spouse would need to apply separately under Express Entry.

Below is my timeline.
I applied for Express Entry - FSW
  • AOR: September 18, 2018
  • PPR: January 31, 2019
  • COPR/PR Visa Arrived: March 6, 2019
  • CIC Request Letter: March 29, 2019

I informed IRCC of my plans to get married proactively on receiving the passport request (on Feb 15). I got married on February 22. However, despite repeated communication via web forms and via email to CPC-Ottawa on my change in marital status, I only received a formal Request Letter in my CIC account on March 29, 2019. The request letter states that my COPR/PR visas will need to be return and cancelled, and my spouse will have to be assessed (Background, Security, Medical). There's a list of required documents (PCC, Passport, Marriage Certificate, Evidence of Relationship, Medical) and Forms.

I submitted all these documents and forms on April 8 (yesterday) through my CIC account. Any insight into how long this process might take will be very helpful. Also, do I need to return my passport with COPR immediately, or later on in the process? The wording on the Request Letter is a bit confusing.

Thanks!

india_usa_canada_pr

Feb 19, 2019
Guys ..just now received my PPR . LVO was super quick in my case ..anyway maybe they r compensating for putting me in SS for an year .
Anyways ...thank god ..everything went pretty smoothly...
Hi.

How long it took for you to see UCI added in your profile after submitting all the docs for spouse?

I am in the similar situation. Submitted all the required docs to add my wife via webform on April 14th. I still don't see any UCI added to my profile nor an acknowledgement email saying they received the docs.

Little worried. My 30 days deadline in the PPR email gets done in next 3 days.

MarufC

Sep 10, 2018
@sawab don did they ask for your spouse documents? I am in the same boat received a email on Feb 28th that they have reopened my case which i can also see on cic website it went from being approved to processing. after that nothing, I called them and also raised case specific enquiry but all they said is to wait. and they haven't asked for my copr and passport to send back, but the agent on the phone confirmed that they already cancelled previous copr issued as it was expiring soon that is why they did not ask for passport, instead they cancelled it on their end. just hope they ask for our new documents soon.

paulmathew88

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hi.

How long it took for you to see UCI added in your profile after submitting all the docs for spouse?

I am in the similar situation. Submitted all the required docs to add my wife via webform on April 14th. I still don't see any UCI added to my profile nor an acknowledgement email saying they received the docs.

Little worried. My 30 days deadline in the PPR email gets done in next 3 days.
Am not exactly sure how many days it close .approx 2 weeks after submitting documents i think .
so ur COPR is not cancelled yet ?

india_usa_canada_pr

Feb 19, 2019
Am not exactly sure how many days it close .approx 2 weeks after submitting documents i think .
so ur COPR is not cancelled yet ?
I didn't get COPR. I just got PPR email on March 26th.

At that time I replied back saying I got married and wanted to add my wife. No reply to the email.

Then I called them, And they sent some forms to be filled to add spouse via webform.

I uploaded docs via webform on April 14th.

Still no acknowledgement of my request nor new UCI is added.

paulmathew88

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hi guys ...i have a small doubt ,may appear bit dumb ...my wife will be having full work rights as a PR holder in Canada right ?
since while adding her as a dependant they never asked any of her education /language certificates. So just had this small doubt ...please clarify if possible