+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

adding spouse after COPR

india_usa_canada_pr

Feb 19, 2019
Hi guys ...i have a small doubt ,may appear bit dumb ...my wife will be having full work rights as a PR holder in Canada right ?
since while adding her as a dependant they never asked any of her education /language certificates. So just had this small doubt ...please clarify if possible
Yes she will be having rights to work.

paulmathew88

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
so regarding passport submission both mine and wife passport will be required right ? in the ppr letter they have addressed only primary applicant ,they havent mentioned anything about my wife . from this statement i believe both passports has to be submitted ..
2) Photographs
Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent.

sawab don

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Karachi, Pakistan
NOC Code......
@sawab don did they ask for your spouse documents? I am in the same boat received a email on Feb 28th that they have reopened my case which i can also see on cic website it went from being approved to processing. after that nothing, I called them and also raised case specific enquiry but all they said is to wait. and they haven't asked for my copr and passport to send back, but the agent on the phone confirmed that they already cancelled previous copr issued as it was expiring soon that is why they did not ask for passport, instead they cancelled it on their end. just hope they ask for our new documents soon.
I can understand, situation is exactly like mine, it will really help if you send a mail to your VO. My VO was London and after waiting for 3 weeks I mailed them and got the reply on the same day. They definitely will ask for more documents after you contact them directly through mail. I raised a CSE as well at my time but I still gotten a response for that.

sawab don

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Karachi, Pakistan
NOC Code......
so regarding passport submission both mine and wife passport will be required right ? in the ppr letter they have addressed only primary applicant ,they havent mentioned anything about my wife . from this statement i believe both passports has to be submitted ..
2) Photographs
Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent.
Yes I believe both of you will be issued visa stamp. You marked your spouse as accompanying right?

MarufC

Sep 10, 2018
Hi @sawab don
Thank you for your reply, I will definately do that, just one more question how did you know which office is your VO, do you have to ask the agent or is it somewhere in cic account.

sawab don

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Karachi, Pakistan
NOC Code......
Hey guys, so my wife got done with her medicals recently, and she has only been given the reciept , i would like to ask what document did you upload for your spouse’s medical ? Was it an eMedical form ?

_Reggie_

Sep 22, 2018
Wow....I replied earlier without reading through. Congratulations!

Pls what's the procedure for returning passport for cancellation of COPR? My passport is still with my Vfs office. Can they return it on my behalf?

Guys ..just now received my PPR . LVO was super quick in my case ..anyway maybe they r compensating for putting me in SS for an year .
Anyways ...thank god ..everything went pretty smoothly...

paulmathew88

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Wow....I replied earlier without reading through. Congratulations!

Pls what's the procedure for returning passport for cancellation of COPR? My passport is still with my Vfs office. Can they return it on my behalf?
Sorry for late reply ...dont know why mails were going to spam folder .
I submitted the request letter from CIC at VFS . VFS has the passport transmission services ,
so have to do only that ..no other seperate procedure ..it took me arnd 3-4 weeks to get passport back
after COPR cancellation

paulmathew88

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Thats what confuses me, she hasnt been given an emedical form, only the reciept
its not a big deal i think..jus check with the hospital if they have send the medical test reports to CIC ...
emedical receipt is not very important i feel

_Reggie_

Sep 22, 2018
This helped....thanks

Sorry for late reply ...dont know why mails were going to spam folder .
I submitted the request letter from CIC at VFS . VFS has the passport transmission services ,
so have to do only that ..no other seperate procedure ..it took me arnd 3-4 weeks to get passport back
after COPR cancellation