+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Spouse after AOR

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Wow. I’m so sorry about this. This is the first time I’m hearing about this. Usually, CRS scores are not recalculated when adding a spouse as long as the PR application was submitted before the marriage.
Could it be a new system?

My brother AOR june 2020 and got married in jan 2021 then he added his wife in application and send all the documents after that his wife also given biometric in march and today we got email below
Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
I am writing you this letter because I have concerns that you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). I note that you submitted your application and have been rewarded Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points on the basis of your marital status as “single”. As you have indicated that you are currently “married” and you wish to add your spouse as your accompanying dependent in your application, resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your draw. As per Section 8 of the Ministerial Instructions respecting the express Entry System, you do not currently meet the minimum entry criteria.
You retain the option of having your application assessed with a “non-accompanying dependent” and sponsor your spouse as a member of the family class in the future. As a result, your CRS points remain unchanged. You may also wish to withdraw your current application (E001542307) and re-apply for another application under the Canada Experience Class with your accompanying dependent.
Please note that if you choose to submit a new application it would require new fees and documentation and you would need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted.
However, you must meet the minimum requirements to enter the Express Entry pool and there is no guarantee that you will be issued another invitation to apply for permanent residence under one of the immigration programs subject to Express Entry.
If you wish to continue with your current application, you will have 7 days to complete and provide me with an updated application for permanent residence. If you do not comply and/or if the required document is incomplete with this request within 7 days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.

S sharma

May 17, 2021
My brother AOR june 2020 and got married in jan 2021 then he added his wife in application and send all the documents after that his wife also given biometric in march and today we got email below
Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
I am writing you this letter because I have concerns that you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). I note that you submitted your application and have been rewarded Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points on the basis of your marital status as “single”. As you have indicated that you are currently “married” and you wish to add your spouse as your accompanying dependent in your application, resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your draw. As per Section 8 of the Ministerial Instructions respecting the express Entry System, you do not currently meet the minimum entry criteria.
You retain the option of having your application assessed with a “non-accompanying dependent” and sponsor your spouse as a member of the family class in the future. As a result, your CRS points remain unchanged. You may also wish to withdraw your current application (E001542307) and re-apply for another application under the Canada Experience Class with your accompanying dependent.
Please note that if you choose to submit a new application it would require new fees and documentation and you would need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted.
However, you must meet the minimum requirements to enter the Express Entry pool and there is no guarantee that you will be issued another invitation to apply for permanent residence under one of the immigration programs subject to Express Entry.
If you wish to continue with your current application, you will have 7 days to complete and provide me with an updated application for permanent residence. If you do not comply and/or if the required document is incomplete with this request within 7 days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.
Hi Navjot ,I am sorry to hear this, I am quite worried now as
my AOR was in December 16 2020
got married in 16 FEB 2021
inform Ircc about martial status : 24 Feb :
Got reply from IRCC :12 Mar :
Submitted docs : 12 Apr
Till now no update Can you please let me know what exactly you did after this unexpected news?

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Hi Navjot ,I am sorry to hear this, I am quite worried now as
my AOR was in December 16 2020
got married in 16 FEB 2021
inform Ircc about martial status : 24 Feb :
Got reply from IRCC :12 Mar :
Submitted docs : 12 Apr
Till now no update Can you please let me know what exactly you did after this unexpected news?
@ S sharma,
Please what documents did IRCC ask you for after you updated them about your marital status?

S sharma

May 17, 2021
@ S sharma,
Please what documents did IRCC ask you for after you updated them about your marital status?

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
@ S sharma

thanks for your response. I also got married recently and I informed IRCC about the change in my marital status via webform. They replied me and asked for the marriage certificate only which I’ve sent to them. I found it a bit weird Cos I was expecting them to tell me to fill out a couple of forms just like they told you. When you contacted IRCC to inform them about a change in your marital status did you also inform them that you wanted to add your spouse to your application? I just want to know if I’m on the right track or if I’m missing something here.
Please let me know.
Thanks

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
@ S sharma,
This was IRCC’s reply to me after informing them of a change in marital status.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your enquiry regarding the addition of a marriage certificate to your application. However, it appears that the marriage certificate in question was not included with your request.

In order to assist you, we invite you to resend your enquiry along with the document by filling out the IRCC Web form.

Once received, we will gladly forward your document to the responsible office.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
@ S sharma

thanks for your response. I also got married recently and I informed IRCC about the change in my marital status via webform. They replied me and asked for the marriage certificate only which I’ve sent to them. I found it a bit weird Cos I was expecting them to tell me to fill out a couple of forms just like they told you. When you contacted IRCC to inform them about a change in your marital status did you also inform them that you wanted to add your spouse to your application? I just want to know if I’m on the right track or if I’m missing something here.
Please let me know.
Thanks

S sharma

May 17, 2021
@ S sharma

Please let me know.
Thanks
I just inform through webform along with my wife's passport and marriage certificate to IRCC and then after 2 weeks I received an email with the below above forms and other documents it's been a month I have summited the fee as well for my spouse ,However no update

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
I just inform through webform along with my wife's passport and marriage certificate to IRCC and then after 2 weeks I received an email with the below above forms and other documents it's been a month I have summited the fee as well for my spouse ,However no update
Ok thanks for letting me know. I’m wondering why they didn’t ask for other documents from me. Maybe because I didn’t attach my spouse passport? I only sent them the marriage certificate

pweediesue

May 21, 2021
Hello everyone,
-Resident in Canada on temporary work permit
- AOR - Dec 11th, 2020
- Medical passed - Jan 15th, 2021
- Got married to a non-resident on April 27th
- Updated IRCC on change in marital status on the next day(28th) through the webform

Got this email the following week - May 9th
I got a list of documents to be mailed to Case Processing Centre in Edmonton, Alberta:
and

• The add-on request including:
    • your client ID number/UCI,
    • a detailed letter of explanation,
    • a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
    • if applicable, the proof of payment.

BUT this list does NOT contain police certificate, medicals and IMM 5406 which I've been seeing as part of the requirements for people who just got married and want to add their spouse. Is anyone else in this situation or can anyone help with useful information?

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Hello everyone,
-Resident in Canada on temporary work permit
- AOR - Dec 11th, 2020
- Medical passed - Jan 15th, 2021
- Got married to a non-resident on April 27th
- Updated IRCC on change in marital status on the next day(28th) through the webform

Got this email the following week - May 9th
I got a list of documents to be mailed to Case Processing Centre in Edmonton, Alberta:
and

• The add-on request including:
    • your client ID number/UCI,
    • a detailed letter of explanation,
    • a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
    • if applicable, the proof of payment.

BUT this list does NOT contain police certificate, medicals and IMM 5406 which I've been seeing as part of the requirements for people who just got married and want to add their spouse. Is anyone else in this situation or can anyone help with useful information?
It seems like IRCC doesn’t have a standard procedure anymore for these things. They actually asked you for more documents than me. For me, they only asked me for marriage certificate and they coined the email as though I was married before submitting my application. You can see their response to me above (after informing them of a change in marital status, which was over a year after I submitted my application).

bpink

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
Hello!

I have an ongoing CEC application - AOR was January 24, 2021. I am getting married next month and I will be adding him on my application in case I don't hear any approval on my application yet. My question is, can we apply for his OWP at the same time as well? If so, Is he legally allowed to work upon submission of application or does he needs to wait for his OWP to be approved?

Thank you!

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
1. It's for your spouse
2. If you have anything to explain then write it in LOE
3. Yes, they might be requested at a later stage, at officer's discretion
4. You need to upload all the documents via webform.
Hi, Regarding this, I did the same, however, when I submitted through a web form, I missed some information on imm5669. Therefore, I re-submmitted imm5669 using webform with LOE. Is this fine?

khanaiman837

Mar 25, 2020
While adding spouse, I received a request letter from IRCC with all the documents that need to be provided. There was no mention of updated proof of funds. Do I need to still provide one ? Or can I provide this proof later as it is not asked right now ?
Please help.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
While adding spouse, I received a request letter from IRCC with all the documents that need to be provided. There was no mention of updated proof of funds. Do I need to still provide one ? Or can I provide this proof later as it is not asked right now ?
Please help.
If you have shown pof as part of your application then yes it needs to be updated.
The change in funds will have to be submitted with other documents even if it is not asked .