+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Spouse after AOR

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
One question, After "add on request" for a spouse, will they also ask for Proof of communication later? (CEC)

Last edited:

Ashwin5131

Dec 24, 2016
Hi All, I have added my outland spouse to my CEC inland application along with all supporting documents through a web form. We did medicals upfront, which is now passed. She was assigned a UCI on the file too. Now my doubt is - she hasn't signed any of those documents physically, would that be a problem? Do forms such as imm5669e, imm5406 completed and submitted through webform be physically signed?

hbling

Jul 19, 2021
Hello All,
Aor Oct 2020 inland
Biometrics Done Oct 2020
Got married in December 2020
Added spouse in March 2021
No updates after that.
Spouse's medical was done upfront but haven't received Biometrics request yet.
both of us are inland applicants.

Reactions: Ashwin5131

Prabhucv

Sep 8, 2020
Hello All,
Aor Oct 2020 inland
Biometrics Done Oct 2020
Got married in December 2020
Added spouse in March 2021
No updates after that.
Spouse's medical was done upfront but haven't received Biometrics request yet.
both of us are inland applicants.
Hello,
I am in the same situation:

AOR: 06-Oct-2020
Marriage: 01-Feb-2021
Webform sent to inform IRCC: 05-Feb-2021
IRCC sent an email asking for Date of Entry and Port of Entry to do virtual landing as my application was almost in the final stage: 26-Feb-2021
I responded to that email saying that I am going to add spouse. Did not get any response for the raised webform or the email, so I called IRCC multiple time to inform and then they sent me a list of documents required to be submitted.
Webform with all the document sent to IRCC : 13-March-2021
No acknowledgement received from IRCC, but I got the information from IRCC via call and GCMS notes that they have received all the document on 13-April-2021
Spouse name has been added to my application as dependent: 14-July-2021

have you got any updates regarding the biometrics request for your spouse?

Regards,
Prabhu

Reactions: nassydocky

Catymeety

Nov 12, 2020
Hello,
I am in the same situation:

AOR: 06-Oct-2020
Marriage: 01-Feb-2021
Webform sent to inform IRCC: 05-Feb-2021
IRCC sent an email asking for Date of Entry and Port of Entry to do virtual landing as my application was almost in the final stage: 26-Feb-2021
I responded to that email saying that I am going to add spouse. Did not get any response for the raised webform or the email, so I called IRCC multiple time to inform and then they sent me a list of documents required to be submitted.
Webform with all the document sent to IRCC : 13-March-2021
No acknowledgement received from IRCC, but I got the information from IRCC via call and GCMS notes that they have received all the document on 13-April-2021
Spouse name has been added to my application as dependent: 14-July-2021

have you got any updates regarding the biometrics request for your spouse?

Regards,
Prabhu
Hi,

My timeline is as follows:
Submitted all documents on 6/Sep/2019 ( Inland)
Got married in Nov 2019 from India. I got additional document request in Nov itself and they told me to send it by email. I submitted all documents in dec. In Jan 2020, I received the same request again and I called cic. They told me to submit through web form. I submitted all docs in Jan through web form. In May I received medical request. In June, I received biometrics request. As all centres were closed, my spouse had to do biometrics from Dubai in Jan 2021. In February I requested GCMS notes and it showed final decision pending.
In Aug 2021, I received medical request again for myself and spouse as the old one expired. And also I had to submit some of the documents ( additional family information and travel history) as the forms I submitted earlier were outdated. On sep 10, 2021, I received passport request for spouse.

Reactions: nassydocky

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Hi,

My timeline is as follows:
Submitted all documents on 6/Sep/2019 ( Inland)
Got married in Nov 2019 from India. I got additional document request in Nov itself and they told me to send it by email. I submitted all documents in dec. In Jan 2020, I received the same request again and I called cic. They told me to submit through web form. I submitted all docs in Jan through web form. In May I received medical request. In June, I received biometrics request. As all centres were closed, my spouse had to do biometrics from Dubai in Jan 2021. In February I requested GCMS notes and it showed final decision pending.
In Aug 2021, I received medical request again for myself and spouse as the old one expired. And also I had to submit some of the documents ( additional family information and travel history) as the forms I submitted earlier were outdated. On sep 10, 2021, I received passport request for spouse.
Thanks, Did they also ask Police certificate since its also already expired or only they requested medicals?. My Final decision is pending right now and PCC expired already for me and spouse. So wondering, will they ask PCC

Catymeety

Nov 12, 2020
Thanks, Did they also ask Police certificate since its also already expired or only they requested medicals?. My Final decision is pending right now and PCC expired already for me and spouse. So wondering, will they ask PCC
They never asked for pcc. I too wondered if I will have to do that as well.

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
They never asked for pcc. I too wondered if I will have to do that as well.
But you said you received Passport request right? so, it means finalized right (they didn't ask pcc). I once asked IRCC call centre, they said it should be valid only at the time of submission

Catymeety

Nov 12, 2020
Yes I received passport request for spouse ( that’s the last step) They didn’t ask police clearance certificate ( pcc ) after I submitted the first time.

Reactions: goudam
Sep 13, 2021
Hello

Can you please tell me your timeline? Whats your AOR, when you raised web form and after how many days they requested this documents?
Hi There,
I am in same boat , I want to add my spouse post aor . I want to know who should fill IMM 5669 form both PA and spouse or only PA?

ddrocks

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 august 2020
My brother AOR june 2020 and got married in jan 2021 then he added his wife in application and send all the documents after that his wife also given biometric in march and today we got email below
Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
I am writing you this letter because I have concerns that you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). I note that you submitted your application and have been rewarded Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points on the basis of your marital status as “single”. As you have indicated that you are currently “married” and you wish to add your spouse as your accompanying dependent in your application, resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your draw. As per Section 8 of the Ministerial Instructions respecting the express Entry System, you do not currently meet the minimum entry criteria.
You retain the option of having your application assessed with a “non-accompanying dependent” and sponsor your spouse as a member of the family class in the future. As a result, your CRS points remain unchanged. You may also wish to withdraw your current application (E001542307) and re-apply for another application under the Canada Experience Class with your accompanying dependent.
Please note that if you choose to submit a new application it would require new fees and documentation and you would need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted.
However, you must meet the minimum requirements to enter the Express Entry pool and there is no guarantee that you will be issued another invitation to apply for permanent residence under one of the immigration programs subject to Express Entry.
If you wish to continue with your current application, you will have 7 days to complete and provide me with an updated application for permanent residence. If you do not comply and/or if the required document is incomplete with this request within 7 days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.

WHAT WAS THE REASON OF REJECTION ?MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE OR SOMETHING ELSE?

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
WHAT WAS THE REASON OF REJECTION ?MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE OR SOMETHING ELSE?
Read it carefully:

"I am writing you this letter because I have concerns that you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). I note that you submitted your application and have been rewarded Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points on the basis of your marital status as “single”. As you have indicated that you are currently “married” and you wish to add your spouse as your accompanying dependent in your application, resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your draw. As per Section 8 of the Ministerial Instructions respecting the express Entry System, you do not currently meet the minimum entry criteria.
You retain the option of having your application assessed with a “non-accompanying dependent” and sponsor your spouse as a member of the family class in the future. As a result, your CRS points remain unchanged. You may also wish to withdraw your current application (E001542307) and re-apply for another application under the Canada Experience Class with your accompanying dependent. "

ddrocks

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 august 2020
even after getting married after AOR points are recalculated?