+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Spouse after AOR

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
even after getting married after AOR points are recalculated?
It does not matter I think, you are adding a second person after the AOR, if they would not do that then a lot of people would apply on their own and then add spouses after AOR. They gave him an option it is up to him to decide ;)

sufonama

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
@sufonama

@sufonama yes you need to provide the certificate. If it is unavailable, you can then provide a LOE explaining the situation.

Actually there are contrasting reports on whether or not birth certificate is required for spouse. it is needed to add newborns but i am not sure about spouse.
IS THERE any specific evidence that IRCC asked for it as ADR?

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Actually there are contrasting reports on whether or not birth certificate is required for spouse. it is needed to add newborns but i am not sure about spouse.
IS THERE any specific evidence that IRCC asked for it as ADR?
@sufonama you can look around on the forum. Generally, when you write to ircc informing them about your marraige, your spouse's bc is part of the list of documents you need to share.

bella7

Jul 24, 2019
Once you're married, you need to inform CIC by raising a webform.

CIC will send you the next steps - required forms & supporting documents checklist. Proceed then.
Hi,
Read your response on this thread…I have an Oct 2020 AOR after which i was waiting for PPR; meanwhile got married in July 2021 and informed IRCC through webform about my marriage….till then haven’t received any reply….waiting for PPR

What are the options to accompany spouse with me….i want to know if he can also get PPR with me?
Or at what stage i should apply for his PPR or CoPR….kindly guide me through this…
Any help would be appeciated…
Thanks in advance

bella7

Jul 24, 2019
Hi,
I m an FSW EE (outland) candidate…I have an Oct 2020 AOR after which i was waiting for PPR; meanwhile got married in July 2021 and informed IRCC through webform about my marriage….till then haven’t received any reply….waiting for PPR

What are the options to accompany spouse with me….i want to know if he can also get PPR with me?
Or at what stage i should apply for his PPR or CoPR….kindly guide me through this…
Thanks in advance

bella7

Jul 24, 2019
Hi Respected members,

Upon raising the CSE form to add a spouse during my PR application (CEC class, express entry)

I have been asked to submit the below-mentioned forms through IRCC webform.

• A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents,
  • (If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form,
  • (If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form,
  • (If applicable) A signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form,
  • A copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship,
  • A copy of the family member's valid passport,
  • Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,
  • A letter of explanation, and
  • If applicable, the proof of payment.

My questions are as follow :

1. Is the birth certificate mentioned above is for me or for my spouse?
    2.What should the LOE include?
  • 3. I am not asked to submit any marriage pictures, is it normal?
  • 4.Shouldn't I be receiving this information on my CIC portal or the required documents be sent through IRCC webform?

I will really appreciate it if someone can help me in this regard.
Hi,
Read your response on this thread…I have an Oct 2020 AOR after which i was waiting for PPR; meanwhile got married in July 2021 and informed IRCC through webform about my marriage….till then haven’t received any reply….waiting for PPR

EE FSW outland
Thanks in advance

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi,

Thanks in advance
Have you submitted your spouse’s documents post the marriage ? If so, PPR and CoPR will be for both.

bella7

Jul 24, 2019
Have you submitted your spouse’s documents post the marriage ? If so, PPR and CoPR will be for both.
Thankyou for your response
Yes, my agent submitted my spouse passport and our marriage certificate…will effect the ITA score before receiving PPR?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Did you submit only passport and marriage certificate?
There are other documents required to add a spouse to the existing PR application including the fees and updated proof of funds. You can find if scroll through this thread or just searching in this forum.
Post AOR, points are not re-calculated

bella7

Jul 24, 2019
My agent only asked for these two documents to submit…yes i will go through the detailed answers in this thread, however, i have read some of these….can you kindly confirm me that AOR is the documents submission acknowlegment that we submit after ITA…?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
My agent only asked for these two documents to submit…yes i will go through the detailed answers in this thread, however, i have read some of these….can you kindly confirm me that AOR is the documents submission acknowlegment that we submit after ITA…?
Yes, AOR is the acknowledgement that you receive after submission.
For the list of documents, scroll to page 1 of this thread and you will find the standard package that IRCC requests for spousal addition.
Do begin requesting your spouse's PCC which takes sometime to get them. Also, the proof of funds are not requested by IRCC but as FSW, it needs to be updated with new funds for 2 people.