+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Hi All,
I got my ecopr in aug-2021 but my outland spouse didn't receive her copr and her name never reflected on my gc key. I got married in april-2021 and submitted my spouse documents and forms on may-04-2021 and received acknowledgement email. Recently I have received my gcms notes where I can see my spouse documents has been received.
below is the status in gcms:
May-12-2021 Add-on spouse documents received, officer ready recommend pass
May-18-2021 Location:OVS DEP
Aug-20-2021 Location: finalized

What is the best step I can take further to get ppr request for my spouse? I have contacted ircc through calls and webforms but no proper response.

Thanks in advance!!
This is very strange. I think contact IRCC in any way you can, and let them know. Call, webform, MP...

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Hi All,
I got my ecopr in aug-2021 but my outland spouse didn't receive her copr and her name never reflected on my gc key. I got married in april-2021 and submitted my spouse documents and forms on may-04-2021 and received acknowledgement email. Recently I have received my gcms notes where I can see my spouse documents has been received.
below is the status in gcms:
May-12-2021 Add-on spouse documents received, officer ready recommend pass
May-18-2021 Location:OVS DEP
Aug-20-2021 Location: finalized

What is the best step I can take further to get ppr request for my spouse? I have contacted ircc through calls and webforms but no proper response.

Thanks in advance!!
I think I remember something about accompanying or non-accompanying dependents... Search your notes and see if you can find anything regarding that. That might be the reason why your spouse didn't get COPR.

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
I think I remember something about accompanying or non-accompanying dependents... Search your notes and see if you can find anything regarding that. That might be the reason why your spouse didn't get COPR.
No information about my spouse on gcms other than the information I have mentioned below. Her name was never reflected on my gc key account. I didn't understand the following notes mentioned in gcms " location: ovs dep and officer ready recommend pass". Also, contacted ircc through calls and webforms but didn't received any proper response.

Last edited:

lucifer97

Oct 19, 2021
Hi All,

I just received my GCMS note after 2+ months and there is nothing mentioned for my Dependent added or not. Could some one please help me understand the below point?

-----------------
Notes: 1
Created Date: 2021/06/17 14:17:56
Created By: xxxx
Updated Date: 2021/06/17 14:20:21
Updated By: xxxx
Restricted: No
Label: General
Office: Edmonton IRCC
Text: PA may be overseas in India. Please confirm before officer review.
-------------------

Does this mean that as per their assumption I am still in India??
I returned back to Canada on end of March 2021.

Reactions: maghool71

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hi All,

I just received my GCMS note after 2+ months and there is nothing mentioned for my Dependent added or not. Could some one please help me understand the below point?

-----------------
Notes: 1
Created Date: 2021/06/17 14:17:56
Created By: xxxx
Updated Date: 2021/06/17 14:20:21
Updated By: xxxx
Restricted: No
Label: General
Office: Edmonton IRCC
Text: PA may be overseas in India. Please confirm before officer review.
-------------------

Does this mean that as per their assumption I am still in India??
I returned back to Canada on end of March 2021.
Hi, did you check anything mentioned like spouse on add documents received or add on request?

lucifer97

Oct 19, 2021
Hi, did you check anything mentioned like spouse on add documents received or add on request?
They have only mentioned that Add-on request has been made by PA and there is a note that Review Required for dependent.

This point has been mentioned by Case Analyst.

Sasidhar Lekkala

Apr 20, 2021
Hi below is my status I am looking for a Suggestion/Solution for me

I have Applied for an Express entry profile on June 5, 2021- AOR
I have traveled to INDIA on July 23rd for my Marriage
When I am in India on July 30 I got an email asking for confirmation to create a Virtual landing
I have replied On the same day Mentioning my details without mentioning I am In INDIA I am under the assumption that I would be having an option to declare I am outside Canada in the Virtual landing portal Turns out to be I am wrong.
Then they have created a Portal for my account when I realized that I have to reply to the email and not in the portal, I did not do anything in the portal and replied to the same email with details that I am In India and raised a Webform too on August 1st mentioning all the details.
They have acknowledged my email and forwarded my information to the concerned team
On August 15th I got married and once I am married I have informed the same IRCC through a webform and on August 30th they have asked me for Documents to send.
I have sent all the requested documents On September 21st and got an acknowledged email on September 24th and there is no update After that.

I am back in Canada on October 24th, 2021, after coming here I have logged in to the portal which they have created for me for Virtual landing surprisingly that is there still Now I am worried that whether that means I got COPR or that is just by mistake. is there any action needed from my side on that portal
Once I am back her I have replied to the same email again mentioning i am back and raised a webform too
I tried to reach IRCC through webform and calls but there is no proper response can anyone help me here that I got COPR already or that portal was there by mistake no action is needed from my side?

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Please guys . I want to ask a question that needs urgent answer. I have bought my ticket to take a holiday and spend 3 week with my wife outside Canada and may likely extend it to 2 months but I just went through a thread to read peoples comments on traveling outside Canada while you are sponsoring your wife's PR.

In my case, I already applied in December 2019 and then married her and added her to my already existing application (Add-on) in April 2021 and was later asked by IRCC to send her documents to Accra VO which is the office responsible to process her visa and she also got a Biometric letter which she did and submitted to Accra. No medical request yet. The argument in the other forum is that they cancel and reject some peoples application for not being in Canada or living outsidde canada during the processing time. While others said they know some person who went and the process was not canceled. Please did anybody living in Canada visit during the process and the application continued and was granted without any issues? I want to know because I am fully set to fly next week and I don't want to restart de process again. Please I need your response. Thanks.

NOTE: I got my PR in July 2021.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The argument in the other forum is that they cancel and reject some peoples application for not being in Canada or living outsidde canada during the processing time.
NOTE: I got my PR in July 2021.
For clarity, the discussion in the 'other forum' (the family class sponsorship forum) is about PRs sponsoring their spouses - spousal sponsorship - where the rule (per govt websites) is that PR-sponsors must be resident in Canada (balanced against how this is interpreted and enforced).

This case is not family sponsorship but adding spouse during process to an existing app (refugee/protected person). Hence that discussion is mostly irrelevant to this case.

Reactions: Mfoniso Urua

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
For clarity, the discussion in the 'other forum' (the family class sponsorship forum) is about PRs sponsoring their spouses - spousal sponsorship - where the rule (per govt websites) is that PR-sponsors must be resident in Canada (balanced against how this is interpreted and enforced).

This case is not family sponsorship but adding spouse during process to an existing app (refugee/protected person). Hence that discussion is mostly irrelevant to this case.
You are perfectly right. But on a second thought, after adding her, I was later told to send her documents to Accra VO where they will finish up her process. In filling her form, it was now under family class

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I don't believe it works like that.
To be clear - I'm saying a submission under one program does not get 'turned into' a different class of application. That's not a thing.

It's either an addition under your previous or an entirely new application (which you would have noticed, lots to sign, including a sponsorship agreement).

If you still think what you think, contact a lawyer.

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
To be clear - I'm saying a submission under one program does not get 'turned into' a different class of application. That's not a thing.

It's either an addition under your previous or an entirely new application (which you would have noticed, lots to sign, including a sponsorship agreement).

If you still think what you think, contact a lawyer.
Ok making sense. I didnt have to sign lot or even sponsorship agreement

lucifer97

Oct 19, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon,

Is it true that for all the Principal Applicants who request to add a dependent spouse/child after ITA and AOR, they will put our file under Review Required for the Add-On request?