+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Hi,

Please advise what happens next and estimated approval time.

CEC Inland with Spouse Outland
AOR; November 18,2020
Informed IRCC about change of marital status: September 16th 2021
Documents submitted for spouse via webform: October 10th 2021 (RPRF/spouse PR Fee included)
Dependent added to File: October 11th 2021 (Today)
Requested RPRF FEE receipt October 11th 2021 (Today)
Hi, how did you know your spouse was added to your file? Do you mean on online portal?

Joe110

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Hi there, I hope it's not too late to respond!
For IMM 0008, I just filled in ONE form, I started with my own info as the principal applicant, then I added my spouse as a subsection as dependent, and entered all the info that was requested for spouse. So to clarify, I DID NOT fill in two separate forms for myself and spouse, I just had one, containing both our info.
Thanks buddy for your response.

I am unsure to fill IMM0008DEP as on IRCC website, its mentioned that 0008DEP to be filled when one has more than 5 Dependants, and in my case its only including my spouse. On some forums, its mentioned to fill this form along-with others for adding your spouse. I am confused!

I am seeking the most recent update on this - either to fill the form or not, valuable insights on this will be highly helpful.

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021

I am unsure to fill IMM0008DEP as on IRCC website, its mentioned that 0008DEP to be filled when one has more than 5 Dependants, and in my case its only including my spouse. On some forums, its mentioned to fill this form along-with others for adding your spouse. I am confused!

I am seeking the most recent update on this - either to fill the form or not, valuable insights on this will be highly helpful.
Hi there, I'm certain that this form must be filled in my case. Because IRCC has asked me to submit it. So I have no doubts.
This is the exact wording for your reference: "Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)"

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021

According to IRCC, this form must be filled by the principal applicant only.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/complete-0008-5669.html

Also, this is 0008, not 0008 DEP, I wasn't asked to submit 0008 DEP....

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021

Ok one last reply, DON'T fill the IMM 0008 DEP, it's only for people who have more than 5 dependents. This is not applicable to you.

This is from IRCC website, the same link that I posted in my previous response:

Dependant(s)

You must answer each question on behalf of each of your dependants.

To add a new dependant to the application, click the “Add Dependant” button, located at the bottom of the page.

To remove a dependant from the application, click the “Remove Dependant” button.

You can add up to 5 dependants using this form.

If you have more than 5 dependants:

To include everyone in your application, you must complete the following form for each additional family member:

Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 0.42 MB)

Reactions: Joe110

Joe110

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Ok one last reply, DON'T fill the IMM 0008 DEP, it's only for people who have more than 5 dependents. This is not applicable to you.

This is from IRCC website, the same link that I posted in my previous response:

Dependant(s)

You must answer each question on behalf of each of your dependants.

To add a new dependant to the application, click the “Add Dependant” button, located at the bottom of the page.

To remove a dependant from the application, click the “Remove Dependant” button.

You can add up to 5 dependants using this form.

If you have more than 5 dependants:

To include everyone in your application, you must complete the following form for each additional family member:

Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 0.42 MB)
Hi @maghool71 ,

Thanks a lot buddy, I think I am now clear on the status of IMM 0008DEP, that's the same link I referred to clarify if to fill the form or not.
It helps,

Joe110

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Hi,

I wanted to know how to pay the fees for adding your spouse post AOR, as I am in the process of submitting the IMM forms and related spouse documents, via webforms, but not sure where to pay the fees.

Can someone guide me on this at the earliest?

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Hi,

I wanted to know how to pay the fees for adding your spouse post AOR, as I am in the process of submitting the IMM forms and related spouse documents, via webforms, but not sure where to pay the fees.

Can someone guide me on this at the earliest?
If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $825, a RPRF of $500 and a fee of $85 for biometrics must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:
 Go to our Online Payment webpage;
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en
 Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed;
 Select the “Immigration” link, followed by the category in which you applied for permanent residence;
 Enter the number of fee payments (1) in the box beside the corresponding fee;
 Click “Submit”.
Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.

Joe110

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Hi,

I came across a very strange issue regarding the pdf form.
I was uploading the form to merge but for some strange reason, instead of form, below is the message I was getting -

Please wait..
If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF
viewer may not be able to display this type of document.

You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by
visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.

For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.
Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark

of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other

-------------------

When I opened the form in my local system in Adobe Reader DC, it opens and saves information that I have added. but when I upload the same, instead of the pdf, a message like above is only present in the pdf file.

Is someone facing the similar issue? Experts kindly help.

Requesting assistance at the earliest.

nithin.canada

Feb 24, 2019
Hi,

I came across a very strange issue regarding the pdf form.
I was uploading the form to merge but for some strange reason, instead of form, below is the message I was getting -

Please wait..
If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF
viewer may not be able to display this type of document.

You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by
visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.

For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.
Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark

of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other

-------------------

When I opened the form in my local system in Adobe Reader DC, it opens and saves information that I have added. but when I upload the same, instead of the pdf, a message like above is only present in the pdf file.

Is someone facing the similar issue? Experts kindly help.

Requesting assistance at the earliest.
You can do a save as and then try to merge.

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
What I did was that I took screenshots of the forms (with my laptop) and then merged the screenshots. I think you can also print all the forms, scan them, and then merge the scans...

Joe110

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
What I did was that I took screenshots of the forms (with my laptop) and then merged the screenshots. I think you can also print all the forms, scan them, and then merge the scans...
Yeah I worked out a similar way for that.

Knoxxavier

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi All,

My AOR for Express Entry application for FSW-O is Sep 4 2020. I got married in June'2021 ( 9 months after AOR) and updated IRCC for the same. They have sent a request of documents for me to submit where the first one is the Form IMM-0008 - Generic Application profile.

Now as I have already applied via express entry, how do I go on about adding my spouse to this ?

Do I file under 1.Family Program - 2. Spouse Category with my wife as the principal applicant (with no dependents)
or Should I file under Express Entry (which I have already applied for) as a principal Applicant and add my wife as a dependent. The confusing part is that when I try to add my wife as a dependent , it's asking for a dependent type A,B,C in the Dependents Section which I feel is for child dependency only based on the IRCC.ca website. Any help regarding this would be helpful as I am scratching my head around with this.

Thanks