17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

Is it true that for all the Principal Applicants who request to add a dependent spouse/child after ITA and AOR, they will put our file under Review Required for the Add-On request?
Nope, however, they have to process the documents for the newly added family member, and Mae sure they are admissible for criminality, security and medicals.

Reactions: lucifer97

Ahmed Farouk

Dec 29, 2018
Hi all,
I got AOR & the medical on last June & I received e-mail to perform my biometrics during this current month. My question is that my fiancée needs time to agree to marriage, so we need to know:
1- Approximately how many months do we have to get married and add her to my profile:
2- Is there any stage after my biometrics & before the final decision, so I can use it as an alert to get married & add her before getting the final decision?
3- Can I add her after the ‘request for passports’ stage and before the COPR ?
4- How much time approximately between the Biometrics and the final decision ?

sriramvarma

Mar 1, 2020
Hello there! I am in a similar situation with you. My AOR was in November and I going to get married in early April. From my research, it varies. Some persons receive PPR 3 months after adding their spouse, others in 6 months. Also, as relating the the documents that will be required; here are those I have acquired during my research

An updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 "Additional Family Information" form for you

An updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 "Additional Family Information" form for spouse

A copy of spouse's brith certificate

A copy of marriage certificate

Photographs of wedding ceremony, reception, invites, honeymoon etc

Proof of relationship- emails, texts, photos- any documentation/proof of relationship

A copy of spouse's valid passport

Police certificates of spouse

Upfront medical for Spouse

Travel history for spouse

Letter of explanation

Fees.

If you want to keep in touch to see how my timeline will be affected just let me know. Mine is about to change since I will be getting married in a week!
For LOE what is the format and should be from the applicant or the spouse?

sriramvarma

Mar 1, 2020
Hi All,

I am planning to add my wife to my current processing PR application. I have raised a webform and I got a response asking me to fill in some forms and a LOE. Can some one provide me more details on what should be included in the LOE (format) and moreover is it by the applicant or the spouse?

Joe110

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Hi, I have informed IRCC about adding my Spouse post-AOR, and they have responded with some set of forms to be filled - I'm having a few form specific questions -

Form IMM 0008DEP - Form filled by SPOUSE

Requesting inputs on the below queries-

1. in Full Name - shall I mention mine (Primary Applicant) or my Spouse's details?
2. As UCI is available for me (PA), so if I mention Spouse name in the full name field, what to mention in the UCI column?
3. What to mention in Dependant type - a/b/c?4.
4. In the Current Country of residence section- next to 'Other' field, is it important to add From and To Field?
5. National Identity Document - can we provide Adhaar ID (as I am from India)? And, is it important to mention Issue & Expiry Date as I only have Issue date, there is no Expiry date tagged to this ID.
6. What to mention in Primary Occupation? Is there any relation to NOC here?
7. What to mention in Intended Occupation? Is there any relation to NOC here?
8. In field number 16 (Provide the name of your current spouse/common-law partner) - as my Spouse has to Provide my Family and Given Name - my Family(last) name is the same as the one I had applied with as a Single Applicant. Would it affect as I haven't made any changes to my passport post marriage?

Experts - seeking your insights on the above.

Best,
Joe

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Hi all, just wanted to inform you that I got additional document required (ADR) email yesterday, asking for my spouse addition to the application, they asked me to resubmit each and every form, passport, photo, medical, photos, etc for my spouse. This happened almost 4.5 months after requesting to add my spouse. Initially I informed them about the change in my marital status in may, and received that email that asks to submit all the forms, but apparently they want everything again. I'm hoping it's a good sign :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Naynah

lucifer97

Oct 19, 2021
Hi all, just wanted to inform you that I got additional document required (ADR) email yesterday, asking for my spouse addition to the application, they asked me to resubmit each and every form, passport, photo, medical, photos, etc for my spouse. This happened almost 6 months after requesting to add my spouse. Initially I informed them about the change in my marital status in may, and received that email that asks to submit all the forms, but apparently they want everything again. I'm hoping it's a good sign :)
Hi,

Seems good as at least someone from IRCC has touched your application and it might process soon you provide them the necessary documents.

May I please ask when did you first submit all the documents for the Add-ON request 6 months back?

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Hi,

Seems good as at least someone from IRCC has touched your application and it might process soon you provide them the necessary documents.

May I please ask when did you first submit all the documents for the Add-ON request 6 months back?
Thanks! First in July 2021. We got married end of the may, I submitted a webform to declare the change in marital status, and in June I received an email from IRCC with the instructions. But this time, I saw email AND update on my online profile.

lucifer97

Oct 19, 2021
Thanks! First in July 2021. We got married end of the may, I submitted a webform to declare the change in marital status, and in June I received an email from IRCC with the instructions. But this time, I saw email AND update on my online profile.
Woww!!! ADD-ON process seemed to be really quick for you.

lucifer97

Oct 19, 2021
Quick? Really? It took 4-5 months. I don't know what's the average. How long have you been waiting for?
Informed IRCC about marriage on March 2021 and submitted all the documents including Passport, PCC, forms, LOE, Payment receipt on 17th May 2021.

Just received an acknowledgment of documents been received by IRCC and then complete silence with the application.

• Sad
Reactions: maghool71

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Hi, I have informed IRCC about adding my Spouse post-AOR, and they have responded with some set of forms to be filled - I'm having a few form specific questions -

Form IMM 0008DEP - Form filled by SPOUSE

Requesting inputs on the below queries-

1. in Full Name - shall I mention mine (Primary Applicant) or my Spouse's details?
2. As UCI is available for me (PA), so if I mention Spouse name in the full name field, what to mention in the UCI column?
3. What to mention in Dependant type - a/b/c?4.
4. In the Current Country of residence section- next to 'Other' field, is it important to add From and To Field?
5. National Identity Document - can we provide Adhaar ID (as I am from India)? And, is it important to mention Issue & Expiry Date as I only have Issue date, there is no Expiry date tagged to this ID.
6. What to mention in Primary Occupation? Is there any relation to NOC here?
7. What to mention in Intended Occupation? Is there any relation to NOC here?
8. In field number 16 (Provide the name of your current spouse/common-law partner) - as my Spouse has to Provide my Family and Given Name - my Family(last) name is the same as the one I had applied with as a Single Applicant. Would it affect as I haven't made any changes to my passport post marriage?

Experts - seeking your insights on the above.

Best,
Joe
Hi there, I hope it's not too late to respond!
For IMM 0008, I just filled in ONE form, I started with my own info as the principal applicant, then I added my spouse as a subsection as dependent, and entered all the info that was requested for spouse. So to clarify, I DID NOT fill in two separate forms for myself and spouse, I just had one, containing both our info.

Reactions: baryonix and Joe110

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Informed IRCC about marriage on March 2021 and submitted all the documents including Passport, PCC, forms, LOE, Payment receipt on 17th May 2021.

Just received an acknowledgment of documents been received by IRCC and then complete silence with the application.
I see... Are you FSW-O?
I think I was lucky because I started my application as inland, and then moved outside, and I'm probably still in the same batch with all the inland; however, right now, a lot of FSWs are being picked up so I don't know that makes much difference anyways... I hope you receive some correspondence very soon too.

lucifer97

Oct 19, 2021
I see... Are you FSW-O?
I think I was lucky because I started my application as inland, and then moved outside, and I'm probably still in the same batch with all the inland; however, right now, a lot of FSWs are being picked up so I don't know that makes much difference anyways... I hope you receive some correspondence very soon too.
I am a CEC Inland applicant and my wife is outland from India.

I traveled to India for my wedding and then returned back to Canada.

Reactions: maghool71

seemu

Mar 8, 2016

Hi,

Please advise what happens next and estimated approval time.

CEC Inland with Spouse Outland
AOR; November 18,2020
Informed IRCC about change of marital status: September 16th 2021
Documents submitted for spouse via webform: October 10th 2021 (RPRF/spouse PR Fee included)
Dependent added to File: October 11th 2021 (Today)
Requested RPRF FEE receipt October 11th 2021 (Today)

Reactions: lucifer97