+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Apr 19, 2021
Hello ,
Hope you all are doing okay.
I would like to share my timeline with you guys to get your inputs.
Category: EE-FSW-O (India)
Profession : Paediatric Dentist
Travel history: 9 Months in USA,Obtained FBI clearance
PCC India- Done
CRS score:470
ITA: 22 November 2020
Biometrics: 5 April 2021
Medicals Passed: 11 March 2021
After this no update has been given by the IRCC.

And I got married on 18th August 2021.
My husband is already a PR holder.

I noticed that I have to inform ircc about my marital status asap. So I am going to do it anyway.
I would like to know if anyone can enlighten me on if i will have to wait longer than i should once my marital status is updated. Any inputs are really appreciated.
Thank You

bpink

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
We have just received the golden email confirming that our PR application has been approved. I have uploaded the required info on the PR portal and just waiting for the eCOPR. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: maghool71

lucifer97

Oct 19, 2021
We have just received the golden email confirming that our PR application has been approved. I have uploaded the required info on the PR portal and just waiting for the eCOPR. Good luck everyone!
Hi,

When did you submit all the documents for your dependent?
Have you added a dependent after your AOR?

bpink

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
Hi,

When did you submit all the documents for your dependent?
Have you added a dependent after your AOR?
Hi there! Here's our timeline

CEC single applicant then got married in the middle of my app - inland
Dec 24, 2020 - ITA received
January 2021 - file submitted
January 25 - AOR received
Feb 16 - biometric request
Feb 18 - biometric given
July 21 - got married
July 27 - received phone interview from IRCC, informed them I recently got married and they sent me an email where I replied with our temporary marriage certificate
Sept 1 - submitted additional documents and forms for my husband
Oct 19 - Portal email

Reactions: lucifer97

lucifer97

Oct 19, 2021
Hi All,

I just followed up with my Local MP for my application. This is what she replied....

-----
Hello/Bonjour

I spoke to IRCC regarding the file.

They have stated that: security and medicals are passed. Eligibility says review required.

Add on request was done 5 months ago. It was received. But it takes a while for the dependent to be added to the application formally. It takes a while, and they are working on it. The most recent note was 6 days ago. Nothing is needed at this time.

-------

@legalfalcon Can you please help me answer whether the Security can be completed before the Eligibility? Also, for Review Required; how long it would take to get some updates from IRCC? Every time I ask IRCC through Webform and I receive the generic responses

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi All,

I just followed up with my Local MP for my application. This is what she replied....

-----
Hello/Bonjour

They have stated that: security and medicals are passed. Eligibility says review required.

Add on request was done 5 months ago. It was received. But it takes a while for the dependent to be added to the application formally. It takes a while, and they are working on it. The most recent note was 6 days ago. Nothing is needed at this time.

-------

@legalfalcon Can you please help me answer whether the Security can be completed before the Eligibility? Also, for Review Required; how long it would take to get some updates from IRCC? Every time I ask IRCC through Webform and I receive the generic responses

IRCC is currently not responding to webforms unless it is for a priory issue as listed by IRCC.

Security is usually used for criminality, info sharing and security screening. So it will depend on what IRCC is referring to here. In most cases, security screening is the last stage and almost always is initiated after the eligibility is passed. However, since you added a family member, it could be that your eligibility may have been passed, security initiated before the family member was added,

To know the exact details, consider requesting GCMS notes.

lucifer97

Oct 19, 2021
IRCC is currently not responding to webforms unless it is for a priory issue as listed by IRCC.

Security is usually used for criminality, info sharing and security screening. So it will depend on what IRCC is referring to here. In most cases, security screening is the last stage and almost always is initiated after the eligibility is passed. However, since you added a family member, it could be that your eligibility may have been passed, security initiated before the family member was added,

To know the exact details, consider requesting GCMS notes.
Thanks! I have requested my GCMS on 08/19/2021 and waiting for 2 months. Hope it comes up soon in this month

Reactions: Johnjacobb

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks! I have requested my GCMS on 08/19/2021 and waiting for 2 months. Hope it comes up soon in this month
Currently, GCMS notes are delayed in most cases. Next time you can consider requesting the form CBSA instead.

See https://bit.ly/3CcDv1H

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Thanks for your reply @legalfalcon.
I don't see any information regarding my spouse in the profile yet. In the GCMS notes it shows that application has been transferred to NDVO in Dec 20 and spouse addition after lock-in. For the webform, the response goes like we will inform you if we need more information. Not sure what's happening there. Kindly guide.
Hi, I too sent my spouse documents but her name is not yet reflecting on my gc key accouny. Recently i have ordered gcms notes but unable to find spouse information on gcms. How to get spouse information? Can you please help me out?

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Hi, I too sent my spouse documents but her name is not yet reflecting on my gc key accouny. Recently i have ordered gcms notes but unable to find spouse information on gcms. How to get spouse information? Can you please help me out?
How long after submitting spouse documents did you order your notes? Maybe it was too early and they hadn't processed it yet. Becuase for the rest of us also (for example myself) it's been more than 4 months since I submitted my spouse documents but still don't see anything on the portal. I don't know about the notes but there probably isn't anything there too. Are you outlander?

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
How long after submitting spouse documents did you order your notes? Maybe it was too early and they hadn't processed it yet. Becuase for the rest of us also (for example myself) it's been more than 4 months since I submitted my spouse documents but still don't see anything on the portal. I don't know about the notes but there probably isn't anything there too. Are you outlander?
I have submitted my outland spouse documents in May-2021 and I am inland received my PR in aug-2021. Got gcms notes in oct-2021. I thought I have to submit consent form or something to get my spouse information on gcms notes. However, I can see in the gcms notes that they have received my spouse documents.

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hi All,
I got my ecopr in aug-2021 but my outland spouse didn't receive her copr and her name never reflected on my gc key. I got married in april-2021 and submitted my spouse documents and forms on may-04-2021 and received acknowledgement email. Recently I have received my gcms notes where I can see my spouse documents has been received.
below is the status in gcms:
May-12-2021 Add-on spouse documents received, officer ready recommend pass
May-18-2021 Location:OVS DEP
Aug-20-2021 Location: finalized

What is the best step I can take further to get ppr request for my spouse? I have contacted ircc through calls and webforms but no proper response.

Thanks in advance!!

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hi All,

-----
Hello/Bonjour

-------

How to contact local mp?