+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Samurai89

Nov 30, 2018
After submitting documents for spouse though web form, how much time it will take for u to get request of medical and biometric of your spouse OR is IRCC update our profile that she has been added to your profile.?
Here's the thing, I don't know if my response will be the exact reply you would've expected in this case.

It depends, from case to case, document to document.. the reply time changes. You may get a response sooner than anyone else or earlier. I was just like you months back, losing sleep waiting IRCC responses for web-forms, emails. I came to Canada 3 months back exactly, looking back and I wish I didn't waste all that time, I should've just slept lol because in the end, everything happens the way it's intended to.

to answer your question, I will drop you timeline below.

Married in June (and was waiting for marriage certificate) - 06/2019
Received Ready for visa (for myself only) - 17/07/2019
Informed Marriage - 18/07/2019
Called IRCC to inform marriage - 19/07/2019
Emailed (urgent title) IRCC about marriage - 22/07/2019
Called IRCC to inform marriage - 23/07/2019
IRCC sent checklist for spouse - 27/07/2019
Check list submitted and RPRF paid - 04/08/2019
Medical for spouse letter from IRCC - 07/08/2019
Medicals updated in profile of spouse - 14/08/2019
(somewhere down this time, my visa office changed from CPC Ottawa to Colombo, SL)
ADR requested by Colombo Visa office - 26/08/2019
BIL received for spouse - 20/09/2019
PPR for both - 05/11/2019

Let me know if you need any info, I wish you the best luck and a quick PPR.

Again, just chill. Things will happen sooner than you expect.

Reactions: Pasifist

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
After submitting documents for spouse though web form, how much time it will take for u to get request of medical and biometric of your spouse OR is IRCC update our profile that she has been added to your profile.?
As I've told you before, I did not have to wait for Medical request because we submitted my wife's upfront Medical.

She was added to my profile 5 days after I submitted the documents through the webform, but I was never notified about this, don't expect to be.

Also, after she was added we received the biometrics request letter after 9 days. 3 days later she submitted her biometrics and the PR was approved the day after.

Overall adding her to my application and having PR approved took about 2 weeks. Also note that my application hadn't been already approved, however, all 4 stages (criminality, security, medical and eligibility) had been marked as passed.

A1495

Nov 18, 2019
Here's the thing, I don't know if my response will be the exact reply you would've expected in this case.

It depends, from case to case, document to document.. the reply time changes. You may get a response sooner than anyone else or earlier. I was just like you months back, losing sleep waiting IRCC responses for web-forms, emails. I came to Canada 3 months back exactly, looking back and I wish I didn't waste all that time, I should've just slept lol because in the end, everything happens the way it's intended to.

(somewhere down this time, my visa office changed from CPC Ottawa to Colombo, SL)

Thank you so much......for your reply

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi there!,
Just need immediate help hence why im posting here.

I am currently renewing my study permit and have been asked to upload documents by the 21st of April. The upload tab shows these are required by the 21st. my question- does the time frame include the 21st, can I upload the documents on the 21st or will the upload option disappear?
Why are you asking this in a thread that has nothing to do with your question?

M29

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
CEC

May i knew the email address on which you did correspondence with cic? i used webform and its been 1 month, i have not heard anything about adding wife to my application.

A1495

Nov 18, 2019
I have submitted my wife documents(PR fees,IMM008, IMM5406, IMM5669, passport, PCC, birth and marriage certificate) through web form in the month of march.
today i got request letter asking me to submit spouse documents again with details.

Anyone from this group have idea about this?

A1495

Nov 18, 2019
I have submitted my wife documents(PR fees,IMM008, IMM5406, IMM5669, passport, PCC, birth and marriage certificate) through web form in the month of march.
today i got request letter asking me to submit spouse documents again with details.

Do you have any idea about this?

A1495

Nov 18, 2019
Thank you so much......for your reply

Do you have any idea about this?

M29

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
CEC
Hello there! I am in a similar situation with you. My AOR was in November and I going to get married in early April. From my research, it varies. Some persons receive PPR 3 months after adding their spouse, others in 6 months. Also, as relating the the documents that will be required; here are those I have acquired during my research

An updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 "Additional Family Information" form for you

An updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 "Additional Family Information" form for spouse

A copy of spouse's brith certificate

A copy of marriage certificate

Photographs of wedding ceremony, reception, invites, honeymoon etc

Proof of relationship- emails, texts, photos- any documentation/proof of relationship

A copy of spouse's valid passport

Police certificates of spouse

Upfront medical for Spouse

Travel history for spouse

Letter of explanation

Fees.

If you want to keep in touch to see how my timeline will be affected just let me know. Mine is about to change since I will be getting married in a week!
HELP REQUIRED,
i ma CEC applicant and have filled my IMM008 form and also filled dependant (wife) section in the same form for my wife. my question is while filling my spouse IMM008 form, do i have mention that she is also applying under CEC ? In spouse form as there is no dependent can i remove that section?

M29

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
CEC
The kit might vary significantly from case to case but in my case, the following were requested off me:

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP
2. A recent photograph of your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)
3. Forms:
- Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);
- Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);
- A completed and signed by your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)Schedule A Background/Declaration IMM 5669;
- Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or common-law
partner (CLP);
- If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union.

4. Documents
- Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate;
- Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport;
- If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate;
- If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate.

5. Police certificate
6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire &
Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached).

7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
- Relationship photos: Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings
together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max);
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max).

8. Medical certificate
HELP REQUIRED,
i ma CEC applicant and have filled my IMM008 form and also filled dependant (wife) section in the same form . my question is while filling my spouse IMM008 form, do i have mention that she is also applying under CEC ? In spouse form as there is no dependent can i remove that section?

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
As I've told you before, I did not have to wait for Medical request because we submitted my wife's upfront Medical.

She was added to my profile 5 days after I submitted the documents through the webform, but I was never notified about this, don't expect to be.

Also, after she was added we received the biometrics request letter after 9 days. 3 days later she submitted her biometrics and the PR was approved the day after.

Overall adding her to my application and having PR approved took about 2 weeks. Also note that my application hadn't been already approved, however, all 4 stages (criminality, security, medical and eligibility) had been marked as passed.
hello,
just wandering what immigration program did you do? express entry?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
HELP REQUIRED,
i ma CEC applicant and have filled my IMM008 form and also filled dependant (wife) section in the same form . my question is while filling my spouse IMM008 form, do i have mention that she is also applying under CEC ? In spouse form as there is no dependent can i remove that section?
What do you even mean by that? If you add your wife as a dependant to your existing application... She is not applying, she is a dependant in your application.
I mean, it's not like your wife will be processed under FSW or something like that...

hello,
Of course...

M29

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
CEC
hello,
What do you even mean by that? If you add your wife as a dependant to your existing application... She is not applying, she is a dependant in your application.
I mean, it's not like your wife will be processed under FSW or something like that...

Of course...
But in requested forms they ask to fill forms both for myself and for my wife, that’s why I’m too confused.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
But in requested forms they ask to fill forms both for myself and for my wife, that’s why I’m too confused.
Yes, you have to fill the forms for both of you.

I just realized what your problem is, just fill the following forms as follows:
  • imm0008enu_2d --> fill this only for yourself (not for both)
  • imm008depenu --> fill this for your wife only (not for both)
  • imm5406e --> fill this one for both
  • imm5669e --> fill this for your wife only (not both)
I think you were filling the first one for both of you, which you shouldn't do.

Also, I hyperlinked the forms, so you can just click on them to download each of the forms.

Don't forget you also need to upload:
  • Your wife's passport (bio page and any additional page with stamps)
  • Any applicable Police certificates (from the countries where she's lived for 6 or more months during the past 10 years)
  • eMedical tracking sheet for Upfront Medicals (not mandatory at this stage but recommended)
  • Receipt of payment (including PRPF, Biometrics fee, and RPRF [optional])
  • Marriage certificate, with translation if needed
  • Your wife's birth certificate, with translation if needed
  • Letter of Explanation.
Hope this clarifies!

Last edited: