+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

M29

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
CEC
Yes, you have to fill the forms for both of you.

I just realized what your problem is, just fill the following forms as follows:
  • imm0008enu_2d --> fill this only for yourself (not for both)
  • imm008depenu --> fill this for your wife only (not for both)
  • imm5406e --> fill this one for both
  • imm5669e --> fill this for your wife only (not both)
I think you were filling the first one for both of you, which you shouldn't do.

Also, I hyperlinked the forms, so you can just click on them to download each of the forms.

Don't forget you also need to upload:
  • Your wife's passport (bio page and any additional page with stamps)
  • Any applicable Police certificates (from the countries where she's lived for 6 or more months during the past 10 years)
  • eMedical tracking sheet for Upfront Medicals (not mandatory at this stage but recommended)
  • Receipt of payment (including PRPF, Biometrics fee, and RPRF [optional])
  • Marriage certificate, with translation if needed
  • Your wife's birth certificate, with translation if needed
  • Letter of Explanation.
Hope this clarifies!
Thank you so much for comprehensive reply.

M29

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
CEC

Also, I hyperlinked the forms, so you can just click on them to download each of the forms.

• Any applicable Police certificates (from the countries where she's lived for 6 or more months during the past 10 years)
  • eMedical tracking sheet for Upfront Medicals (not mandatory at this stage but recommended)
  • Letter of Explanation.
Hope this clarifies!
I might need bit of help while filling my wife’s form.

M29

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
CEC

• Letter of Explanation.
Hope this clarifies!
Just to double check, what should i select in dependant type in my wife form> Type A, B or C? she is older than 22. i believe Type C right?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Just to double check, what should i select in dependant type in my wife form> Type A, B or C? she is older than 22. i believe Type C right?
None, this question doesn't apply for a spouse dependant. This question applies only for children dependents, not for spouse, you should leave it empty.

If you try to validate the form you should get an error because if your dependant is selected to spouse, this question has to be left empty.

Neo Nelson

Feb 4, 2019
My AOR was on Feb 4 and I have not received PPR yet. I am going to get married next month. I know i have to inform IRCC regarding the status change. I dont want to add my wife in the application since she is not accompanying with me. Will there be any problem with the application which is in progress if my wife is not accompanying? Is there will be further delay in the process? Do i have to submit further documents?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
My AOR was on Feb 4 and I have not received PPR yet. I am going to get married next month. I know i have to inform IRCC regarding the status change. I dont want to add my wife in the application since she is not accompanying with me. Will there be any problem with the application which is in progress if my wife is not accompanying? Is there will be further delay in the process? Do i have to submit further documents?
So you are supposed to notify IRCC if your marital status changes at any point.

Even if your spouse is not accompanying you, you will likely be asked to provide certain documents such as Police Certificates. I am not completely sure though.

What you have to do, regardless is through a webform inform IRCC about your change in marital status. You should also let them not you are not adding your spouse to your application for whatever reason you have.

They will then follow-up with you to inform you what they need from you.

darryl200

Aug 9, 2020
The idea is that you should at least inform IRCC as soon as possible about your change in marital status.

I am not aware of any deadline, I'have seen some people in the forum who were given 30 days to submit these documents or so. In my case it was not like this, I was just told to submit the documents if I wished to add my spouse to my application as a dependent.

This is exactly the response I received when I used the WebForm about my change in marital status:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Useful tips

• If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.
We hope you will find this information helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way you submit these documents is by using as many WebForms as needed. In my case it took 4. Because there is a limit in the total size of the documents (I think 3.5 MB overall) you will surely need at least a couple WebForms to do this).

Also, I would suggest that as soon as you get married to gather the documents and have them translated (if needed). Since you don't need any supporting documentation for Education or Work Experience, it should be pretty easy. It took me about 1 week (due to translations).

I took a month to do this. Even if they have finished processing your application you are okay because this would just mean they would re-open your file and assess the supporting documentation for your new dependent and then take a final decision.
Would like to know spouse is required to do IELTS?

Pasifist

Dec 14, 2019
Guys, I added my Wife to my application sometimes in July 2020 and UCI was update this week. What does it implies, does it mean Med has been passed? I know BIL is subject to open/closure of VFS in my country. Are all files in this case transferred to local visa office. Have you seen any that remained in the initial processing office

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Guys, I added my Wife to my application sometimes in July 2020 and UCI was update this week. What does it implies, does it mean Med has been passed? I know BIL is subject to open/closure of VFS in my country. Are all files in this case transferred to local visa office. Have you seen any that remained in the initial processing office
That's fast. Good for you. I sent the details in April and UCI was generated in July. Medicals were also passed and sent for fee recovery next day. But nothing on biometrics so far.
My visa office is not transferred till now probably because I am inland.

Pasifist

Dec 14, 2019
That's fast. Good for you. I sent the details in April and UCI was generated in July. Medicals were also passed and sent for fee recovery next day. But nothing on biometrics so far.
My visa office is not transferred till now probably because I am inland.
Okay.
My review of addition docs read as NA, do same apply to you?
Fast? I have seen some with updated uci in 13 days