+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi, I really appreciate your breakdown on how to fill the form. I have a question.

When filling imm5406 for myself and spouse, I used my name as applicant in my form. Will I use my name as the applicant in my spouse’s form too? Please I need your assistance @ everyone
In this form, applicant refers to the person you are completing this form for. If it is your spouse's, it will be him/her. Otherwise it'd be a repetition of your form. This is meant to provide information on their each individual's immediate family members.

waqarrr

Jul 27, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am an applicant for CEC class and received an AOR on 9th Oct,2020.

I will greatly appreciate the help if someone can answer the following questions.

1. Please confirm, if the following documents are required for adding a spouse after AOR.
2. What needs to be filled by who (primary applicant + spouse ).

3. Upfront medical can only be done after receiving the approval for adding a spouse from IRCC or it can be done beforehand?

4. What needs to be mentioned in LOE? please briefly describe.

I will be grateful for the help.

Cheers.

allmind

Jan 16, 2020
Hi everyone, i am in this process now, but its been a month and Otawa VO has not come back with documents request.

I send a web form on oct 15th to inform marriage and ask for instructions, and they told me to send an email to an specific department in otawa VO to ask for instructions, so i did, but they have not reply.

Has anyone go thru this?...is it normal for them to take so much time to reply?

waqarrr

Jul 27, 2020
1.1 is for the spouse to fill. The spouse is considered a dependent in this scenario.
2 and 3, for spouse as well

I cannot remember exactly, but this it basically what you need:

"To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Hi, is the chart mentioned above this thread completely correct . Please confirm ? . Would appreciate the help

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi everyone, i am in this process now, but its been a month and Otawa VO has not come back with documents request.

I send a web form on oct 15th to inform marriage and ask for instructions, and they told me to send an email to an specific department in otawa VO to ask for instructions, so i did, but they have not reply.

It took them a few days, within 1 week to respond with the instructions.

You should probably just submit the documents listed in other posts within this thread, use the Webform for this.

aneesh21

Aug 4, 2020

Hi allmind,
I am also in the same boat as yours. Sent a web form in last week of October and was told to send an email to the Ottawa email address and have not received anything back yet.
Have you got any reply yet?

allmind

Jan 16, 2020
Hi allmind,
I am also in the same boat as yours. Sent a web form in last week of October and was told to send an email to the Ottawa email address and have not received anything back yet.
Have you got any reply yet?
No nothing yet, still waiting, I wonder if it would be of any help to send another email?

aneesh21

Aug 4, 2020
No nothing yet, still waiting, I wonder if it would be of any help to send another email?
Yeah I guess we can do that. I will probably put everything again in the same email chain I sent last month. That way they will know its our second time contacting them in case they are already in process of the first request.

allmind

Jan 16, 2020
Yeah I guess we can do that. I will probably put everything again in the same email chain I sent last month. That way they will know its our second time contacting them in case they are already in process of the first request.
Did you get an answer from CPC email?

allmind

Jan 16, 2020
yes I received the document checklist two days after I resent the email.
I wrote another webform and email but they sent me the checklist via my account. And they opened some spaces in my application to upload the documents. Never received the email most of the people get. It was extrange

kinsdippy1990

Nov 9, 2020
DO YOU UPLOAD YOUR SPOUSE UPFRONT MEDICALS AND POLICE CERTIFICATE WHEN RAISING WEBFORM POST AOR OR YOU RAISE WEBFORM AND THEN WAIT FOR IRCC TO REQUEST SPOUSE'S MEDICALS AND POLICE CERTIFICATE?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
DO YOU UPLOAD YOUR SPOUSE UPFRONT MEDICALS AND POLICE CERTIFICATE WHEN RAISING WEBFORM POST AOR OR YOU RAISE WEBFORM AND THEN WAIT FOR IRCC TO REQUEST SPOUSE'S MEDICALS AND POLICE CERTIFICATE?
You should upload police certificates. You have the option to do medicals upfront or wait for them to be requested.

Advice? Do everything upfront and save yourself sometime.

If you're outside of Canada you can do the same medical exam for a Work Permit, not excessive demand exempt because the system might not allow you to do the upfront for PR abroad. It is exactly the same exam so it's not an issue. Then upload the E-medical tracking sheet via webform along with the other documents.

In my case everything was done upfront, it just took 9 days after adding documents to get both our PRs approved.

Reactions: kinsdippy1990

Arshdeep31

Aug 23, 2019
In this form, applicant refers to the person you are completing this form for. If it is your spouse's, it will be him/her. Otherwise it'd be a repetition of your form. This is meant to provide information on their each individual's immediate family members.
Hi,
If I get married after AOR. My spouse already have Canada work visa. What is better to do in that case?

Can I go ahead with my application
& She go back to Canada on work visa. I
think I have to mention it through IRCC web from.

What's the best possible situation will be for both of you to move out early

kinsdippy1990

Nov 9, 2020
You should upload police certificates. You have the option to do medicals upfront or wait for them to be requested.

Advice? Do everything upfront and save yourself sometime.

If you're outside of Canada you can do the same medical exam for a Work Permit, not excessive demand exempt because the system might not allow you to do the upfront for PR abroad. It is exactly the same exam so it's not an issue. Then upload the E-medical tracking sheet via webform along with the other documents.

In my case everything was done upfront, it just took 9 days after adding documents to get both our PRs approved.
Thank you for your response