+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thank you for the response. For submitting the passport for the spouse.

Do you need to submit a current passport with all the stamped pages or just a page (1st page) that shows your personal info ?
All pages that have anything (visas or stamps) + bio

waqarrr

Jul 27, 2020
All pages that have anything (visas or stamps) + bio
My wife applied for a change of last name from father to husband, this will technically give her new passport which wont have any stamps or visas listed. Do I need to include the previous one or the new one will suffice?

sam2489

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
I have recently informed IRCC about my marriage through web forms. It's been a week, i haven't heard back yet. My PR is under process with medical passed and biometric request.

How long does it take for IRCC to submit the documents for my wife ?

Is there any other way I can contact apart from web form ?

waqarrr

Jul 27, 2020
I have recently informed IRCC about my marriage through web forms. It's been a week, i haven't heard back yet. My PR is under process with medical passed and biometric request.

They usually take 3 weeks to reply. I raised the form on 30th nov and got a response by 18 dec. So I would suggest you wait.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
My wife applied for a change of last name from father to husband, this will technically give her new passport which wont have any stamps or visas listed. Do I need to include the previous one or the new one will suffice?
Of course the older one as well.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......

You just need to wait. Your application is in the very early stages so be patient.

bhavinvmehta

Jan 1, 2021
Hi Guys,

My AOR is 16th Feb I'm getting married in June. I understand that immediately after my marriage I have to do documentation for my spouse and inform IRCC.. could you please tell me what the timelines for a case similar to mine would be since this is not straightforward like a primary applicant including all family members in one go at AOR and wait for IRCC to reply.. Also what are the documents in the "kit" which IRCC send to revert with spouse details ?

Thanks in advance !
Hi Sir,

I am in the same dilemma. I will submit my documents this month, and will get married in March / April.
Can you please advise if your score got recalculated once you added spouse after AOR.

Really Thanks.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Sir,

I am in the same dilemma. I will submit my documents this month, and will get married in March / April.
Can you please advise if your score got recalculated once you added spouse after AOR.

Really Thanks.
If you read over this thread, you will find the answer.

NO, score is NOT recalculated.

waqarrr

Jul 27, 2020
Of course the older one as well.
Hi Wolf,

I know its out of the context question but do you have any insight on the R10 completeness check. What stage of your application refers to it ?.

I am asking in regards to applying for BWOP (bridging open work permit).

Following is the status of my application :

-Review of eligibility - Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

-Review of medical - Review of medical results
December 15, 2020 You passed the medical exam.

-Review of additional documents- Review of additional documents
December 14, 2020 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.

-Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

-BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

-Background - Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final- Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I will really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.

aneesh21

Aug 4, 2020
I wrote another webform and email but they sent me the checklist via my account. And they opened some spaces in my application to upload the documents. Never received the email most of the people get. It was extrange
Hey,
Have you received any update on your application after adding your spouse?
It’s been one month since I submitted the docs, only received an email that they received the document kit but nothing after that.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hey,
Have you received any update on your application after adding your spouse?
It’s been one month since I submitted the docs, only received an email that they received the document kit but nothing after that.
You shouldn't be expecting more than that. Your spouse will eventually be added to your application and you will be able to him/her as a dependent when you check your application online.

mrasoolniya

Jan 10, 2021
Iran
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
If you read over this thread, you will find the answer.

NO, score is NOT recalculated.
Hi Wolf,

I am already married and mentioned my wife as non-accompanying in my FSW profile because she is currently studying and cannot come with me. Besides, as her studies are not finished yet, we cant use her degree score and our CRS will fall.

Do you think if I submit my profile now without her and add her later on when her study is finalized (After AOR but before PPR) we have a chance?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Wolf,

I am already married and mentioned my wife as non-accompanying in my FSW profile because she is currently studying and cannot come with me. Besides, as her studies are not finished yet, we cant use her degree score and our CRS will fall.

Do you think if I submit my profile now without her and add her later on when her study is finalized (After AOR but before PPR) we have a chance?
I am not sure, I have experience when you married after AOR but I am not sure to be honest if this changes if you were married beforehand.

However, based on the correspondence I received from IRCC a while ago this might be possible:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

To do this, the only thing you'd need to do is inform them you need to add your spouse as a dependent to your application using a WebForm, then you should received a similar response indicating the documents you need to submit. In theory you score will not be recalculed.

patelyogesh2

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
I am not sure, I have experience when you married after AOR but I am not sure to be honest if this changes if you were married beforehand.

However, based on the correspondence I received from IRCC a while ago this might be possible:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

To do this, the only thing you'd need to do is inform them you need to add your spouse as a dependent to your application using a WebForm, then you should received a similar response indicating the documents you need to submit. In theory you score will not be recalculed.
I filled web form a week ago but did not receive any answer. So today I called ircc and agent told me that officer didn’t opened my web form and they are still working on December web forms.

However, agent sent me same list of documents mentioned above. He also told me to send everything using web form when I collect all the documents.

(1) My question Is that is it full proof that they will check my all web form becuase I know I have to submit multiple web form to submit everything.

I also seen that some time they open separate space spouse documents on portal.

(2) should I wait for web form reply OR follow the agent instructions?

(3) can anyone comfirm which form should I fill and which form my spouse should fill?

(4) also they didnot ask for marriage photographs or any relation assessment form. So should I attach some marriage picture in LOE?

(5) when will my spouse receive Biometric letter after submitting all the documents?

thank you

nkaspvk62

Nov 13, 2019
Hello,
Did anyone (added spouse after aor) receive their PPR or COPR recently or any news regarding that?
Waiting for a long time.