+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi,
If I get married after AOR. My spouse already have Canada work visa. What is better to do in that case?

Can I go ahead with my application
& She go back to Canada on work visa. I
think I have to mention it through IRCC web from.

What's the best possible situation will be for both of you to move out early
Add her to your PR application.

Else, she could also apply for PR on her own. It is however totally fine to add her to your application. Your points will not be recalculated.

Arshdeep31

Aug 23, 2019
Add her to your PR application.

Else, she could also apply for PR on her own. It is however totally fine to add her to your application. Your points will not be recalculated.
Thanks for quick response. Yes i read whole thread about points will not be calculated. I was seeking your advice like what will be the fastest processing scenario
1) She can't reply by her own. Bcz she hasn't given IELTS, also no WES yet
2) If I add her after EOR, we get married. I think she can go back because she will be having vakid work visa, on the other side, I have to wait because I will b adding her. So I can't go out. Till the decision the final decision not come?

M saying corrrectly, sir?

sam2489

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Currently I am holding PGWP which is going to expire in August 2021, My PR is under processing and May 2021 is the expected date.

In land applicant, CEC , AOR received, medical passed, Biometric request letter received.

My Query is below, I got married in November 2020, what would be fastest way I can bring my spouse to Canada ( She is in India) ?

1. People advised me to add my Spouse detail now, but I am skeptical if that delays the process I may have to leave Canada as I have valid PGWP till
august 2021.

2. Shall i wait for my pr to approve ( may 2021) and then inform IRCC about my marriage and apply for her spousal ?

3. Can I apply open work permit for my spouse based on my open work permit ? ( provided it may get rejected as I am getting Pr soon and my PGWP will be expired in August)

Arshdeep31

Aug 23, 2019
Currently I am holding PGWP which is going to expire in August 2021, My PR is under processing and May 2021 is the expected date.

In land applicant, CEC , AOR received, medical passed, Biometric request letter received.

My Query is below, I got married in November 2020, what would be fastest way I can bring my spouse to Canada ( She is in India) ?

1. People advised me to add my Spouse detail now, but I am skeptical if that delays the process I may have to leave Canada as I have valid PGWP till
august 2021.

2. Shall i wait for my pr to approve ( may 2021) and then inform IRCC about my marriage and apply for her spousal ?

3. Can I apply open work permit for my spouse based on my open work permit ? ( provided it may get rejected as I am getting Pr soon and my PGWP will be expired in August)
As far as I read, you have to declare your marriage whenever you do.
If marriage date is before ITA, you need to update your profile. Accordingly scores will be recalculated. You can not hide that

If marriage is after AOR, then you need to raise webform to tell them avout marriage in that case points will not be recalculated.

So end note is you can not hide information about your marriage. It will create an issue for sure

sam2489

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
As far as I read, you have to declare your marriage whenever you do.
If marriage date is before ITA, you need to update your profile. Accordingly scores will be recalculated. You can not hide that

If marriage is after AOR, then you need to raise webform to tell them avout marriage in that case points will not be recalculated.

So end note is you can not hide information about your marriage. It will create an issue for sure

Thanks, I am not hiding my marriage. Only thing If I add my spouse detail now how long it will take ?
I have valid work visa till August.
I am not claiming any points and marriage is after AOR. Please suggest what would be the issue if I add my spouse after I got my PR.

Arshdeep31

Aug 23, 2019
Thanks, I am not hiding my marriage. Only thing If I add my spouse detail now how long it will take ?
I have valid work visa till August.
I am not claiming any points and marriage is after AOR. Please suggest what would be the issue if I add my spouse after I got my PR.
For that, I don't have any answer. Let others address your query. Thanks or there is a group on FB (Ask Kubeir Express PR Canada) u can post there as well

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Any CEC inland applicant that travelled to home country for wedding after getting AOR

My AOR is Feb 28 and biometrics is completed.

I am travelling to India on Jan 8th for my wedding on Jan 17th. Can someone please help me with when and how did you inform CIC about your wedding?

Also I am planning to return to Canada on Feb12th again on my Work Permit. Will there be any problem in doing so.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Any CEC inland applicant that travelled to home country for wedding after getting AOR

My AOR is Feb 28 and biometrics is completed.

I am travelling to India on Jan 8th for my wedding on Jan 17th. Can someone please help me with when and how did you inform CIC about your wedding?

Also I am planning to return to Canada on Feb12th again on my Work Permit. Will there be any problem in doing so.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
No problem on returning to Canada, you have a valid status, Temporary Resident.

You can inform IRCC as soon as you get married. Complete a Webform and inform them about your marriage. They will respond with a list of documents you need to submit if you wish to add your spouse to your application as a dependant. Your spouse will not have to have the education credentials assessed, nor will have to take a language test or prove any work experience.

For the upfront medical, all you need is to find a panel physician and schedule an appointment, I am guessing this will be done in India. Tell them you need an upfront medical exam for PR. I know that the system when outside Canada might not allow them to do this. However, you could request an upfront medical for Work Permit. Your spouse will get the e-Medical tracking sheet and upload a scanned copy of this along with the other requested documents (any applicable police certificates, marriage certificate, passport, etc., along with any applicable translations if the originals are not in English or French).

Yes, the upfront Medical can be done for Work Permit, simply because the exam will be exactly the same. Just make sure the exam is Non-Excessive Demand Exempt. This exam includes a physical, blood work (for Syphilis and HIV), a chest X-ray (mainly for Tuberculosis), and a urine exam (dipstick test).

waqarrr

Jul 27, 2020
Hi Respected members,

Upon raising the CSE form to add a spouse during my PR application (CEC class, express entry)

I have been asked to submit the below-mentioned forms through IRCC webform.

• A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents,
  • (If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form,
  • (If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form,
  • (If applicable) A signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form,
  • A copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship,
  • A copy of the family member's valid passport,
  • Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,
  • A letter of explanation, and
  • If applicable, the proof of payment.

My questions are as follow :

1.What should be required by my spouse to do the upfront medical (she is residing outside Canada), I mean if she goes to a designated CIC medical centre, what they will ask for?
  • 2.Is the birth certificate mentioned above is for me or for my spouse?
    3.What should the LOE include?
  • 4.I am not asked to submit any marriage pictures, is it normal?
  • 5.Is proof of payment required for CEC class?
  • 6.Shouldn't I be receiving this information on my CIC portal or the required documents be sent through IRCC webform?

I will really appreciate it if someone can help me in this regard.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Respected members,

Upon raising the CSE form to add a spouse during my PR application (CEC class, express entry)

• A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents,
  • A copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship,
  • Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,

1.What should be required by my spouse to do the upfront medical (she is residing outside Canada), I mean if she goes to a designated CIC medical centre, what they will ask for?
  • 6.Shouldn't I be receiving this information on my CIC portal or the required documents be sent through IRCC webform?

1. Just call and make an appointment to. They will need the passport. Usually for upfront exams outside of Canada they might not have the option of upfront medical exams for PR applications. You can have an upfront exam fro Work Permit done instead and submit the eMedical Tracking sheet to IRCC along with the other documents. This is what I did, all you need is to make sure you are have a "Non-excessive demand excempt"exam done. Upfront medicals for work permit and PR are exactly the same so there is nothing to worry about.
  2. You need to provide the marriage certificate, birth certificate is not necessary.
  3. Details about your marriage, along with an explanation of why you submitted an upfront medical for work permit. Just need to say upfront medicals for PR were not available but that these are the same. (if you decide to do it this way)
  4. Yes, this is not an sponsorship application. You're just adding your spouse as a dependant. You're not a PR yet, there is a huge difference.
  5. Of course, you need to follow the link under "payment". Proceed to pay all the fees associated to your spouse's application (PRPF, RPRF) and upload the Pdf your get after doing so.
  6. No, you would have gotten this directly into the email address you provided when you raised the webform.
Also, don't forget the following:
  • Provide proper translations for all documents not originally in English or French.
  • Upload all documents using multiple webforms, it took me 4 webforms.
  • It is strongly recommended that you provide an upfront medical exam and pay all fees upfront. Save yourself some time.
  • You score will not be recalculated.
  • This is a whole different thing from a sponsorship application.

waqarrr

Jul 27, 2020
  1. Just call and make an appointment to. They will need the passport. Usually for upfront exams outside of Canada they might not have the option of upfront medical exams for PR applications. You can have an upfront exam fro Work Permit done instead and submit the eMedical Tracking sheet to IRCC along with the other documents. This is what I did, all you need is to make sure you are have a "Non-excessive demand excempt"exam done. Upfront medicals for work permit and PR are exactly the same so there is nothing to worry about.
  2. You need to provide the marriage certificate, birth certificate is not necessary.
  3. Details about your marriage, along with an explanation of why you submitted an upfront medical for work permit. Just need to say upfront medicals for PR were not available but that these are the same. (if you decide to do it this way)
  4. Yes, this is not an sponsorship application. You're just adding your spouse as a dependant. You're not a PR yet, there is a huge difference.
  5. Of course, you need to follow the link under "payment". Proceed to pay all the fees associated to your spouse's application (PRPF, RPRF) and upload the Pdf your get after doing so.
  6. No, you would have gotten this directly into the email address you provided when you raised the webform.
Also, don't forget the following:
  • Provide proper translations for all documents not originally in English or French.
  • Upload all documents using multiple webforms, it took me 4 webforms.
  • It is strongly recommended that you provide an upfront medical exam and pay all fees upfront. Save yourself some time.
  • You score will not be recalculated.
  • This is a whole different thing from a sponsorship application.
Hi WolfPmd,

Thank you very much for the detailed response. Really appreciate your help.

One more thing I want to clarify is that they require MY birth certificate, not my WIFES's? ( in case I want to provide) .

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi WolfPmd,

Thank you very much for the detailed response. Really appreciate your help.

One more thing I want to clarify is that they require MY birth certificate, not my WIFES's? ( in case I want to provide) .
You don't need your birth certificate. You only need your Marriage Certificate.

Chirag89

Aug 18, 2020
Hi Respected members,

Regarding these forms, who will submit these forms, primary applicant or dependent spouse?

waqarrr

Jul 27, 2020
You don't need your birth certificate. You only need your Marriage Certificate.
Thank you for the response. For submitting the passport for the spouse.

Do you need to submit a current passport with all the stamped pages or just a page (1st page) that shows your personal info ?