+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Okay.
My review of addition docs read as NA, do same apply to you?
Fast? I have seen some with updated uci in 13 days
No change on the additional docs for me, always been "We do not need additional documents".
Yeah. That comparison is relative. For me it took 4 months for UCI to be generated.

guri11sng

Dec 30, 2019
Anyone here
Adding spouse after AOR? Will this inpact CRS as well as in regular application with wife as secondary applicant points get reduce by 30 minimum.
Is their criteria to make sure crs is above ITA cut off after adding spouse after AOR ?

macaq

Dec 3, 2019
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-06-2019
Passport Req..
18-11-2020
Anyone here
Adding spouse after AOR? Will this inpact CRS as well as in regular application with wife as secondary applicant points get reduce by 30 minimum.
Is their criteria to make sure crs is above ITA cut off after adding spouse after AOR ?
No, there is no recalculation if you get married and add spouse after AOR. I did it (and everyone in this thread, I suppose) and there was no reduction. But you have to be single at the time of ITA and AOR and then get married.

darryl200

Aug 9, 2020
Anyone here
No there is no recalculation of CRS.
The IRCC Webform is to be used for adding spouse (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx)
The only doubt that I have is - What to select in the Drop Down List [Type of application/enquiry (required)] .
I think that since it is Express Entry I need to select Permanent Residence (applied online).
Can someone please confirm this?
Thanks

Reactions: guri11sng

darryl200

Aug 9, 2020
No change on the additional docs for me, always been "We do not need additional documents".
Yeah. That comparison is relative. For me it took 4 months for UCI to be generated.
Would like to confirm if you get a New UCI Number after updating profile with spouse?
Thanks

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Would like to confirm if you get a New UCI Number after updating profile with spouse?
Thanks
A UCI number will be generated for your spouse and your UCI number will never change even across work permits and PR. Once your profile is with IRCC, the same number will be used forever.

No there is no recalculation of CRS.
The IRCC Webform is to be used for adding spouse (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx)
The only doubt that I have is - What to select in the Drop Down List [Type of application/enquiry (required)] .
I think that since it is Express Entry I need to select Permanent Residence (applied online).
Can someone please confirm this?
Thanks
I have selected Permanent Residence (applied online). But irrespective of what you select, they will forward the docs to your VO , and they will take their own sweet time to work on this.

Reactions: Joe110

guri11sng

Dec 30, 2019
No, there is no recalculation if you get married and add spouse after AOR. I did it (and everyone in this thread, I suppose) and there was no reduction. But you have to be single at the time of ITA and AOR and then get married.
Thanks for the confirmation.

guri11sng

Dec 30, 2019

Deluvtj247

Feb 6, 2020
None, this question doesn't apply for a spouse dependant. This question applies only for children dependents, not for spouse, you should leave it empty.

If you try to validate the form you should get an error because if your dependant is selected to spouse, this question has to be left empty.

Hi, I really appreciate your breakdown on how to fill the form. I have a question.

When filling imm5406 for myself and spouse, I used my name as applicant in my form. Will I use my name as the applicant in my spouse’s form too? Please I need your assistance @ everyone

Last edited:

allmind

Jan 16, 2020
Hi everyone

I know that we are all learning here but i want to ask a question. I am gonna get married soon and i am the principal applicant (outland-fsw-aor feb 2020), but my spouse is living in canada on an student permit and will only come to Mexico to get married, and then will go back to continue studies, while I wait in mexico for the application to be finished.

Do you see any problem on adding my spouse to my aplication considering its current student status on canada?

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
Hi everyone

I know that we are all learning here but i want to ask a question. I am gonna get married soon and i am the principal applicant (outland-fsw-aor feb 2020), but my spouse is living in canada on an student permit and will only come to Mexico to get married, and then will go back to continue studies, while I wait in mexico for the application to be finished.

Do you see any problem on adding my spouse to my aplication considering its current student status on canada?
no go ahead

allmind

Jan 16, 2020
Hi

Let me know if i get the forms right regarding who fills what when adding a spouse after AOR:

FormPrincipal applicantSpouseComments
1. An IMM008 Applicationxonly the principal applicant fills this
1.1 IMM008 DependantsxIf the spouse has dependants to add
2. Schedule A form for spouse IMM5669exonly for the spouse
3. Additional Family Information IMM5406exxFor both applicant spouse and any dependant 18+ years
4. Form 5532xIf requested

Please comment if i get something wrong

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi

Let me know if i get the forms right regarding who fills what when adding a spouse after AOR:

FormPrincipal applicantSpouseComments
1. An IMM008 Applicationxonly the principal applicant fills this
1.1 IMM008 DependantsxIf the spouse has dependants to add
2. Schedule A form for spouse IMM5669exonly for the spouse
3. Additional Family Information IMM5406exxFor both applicant spouse and any dependant 18+ years
4. Form 5532xIf requested

Please comment if i get something wrong
1.1 is for the spouse to fill. The spouse is considered a dependent in this scenario.
2 and 3, for spouse as well

I cannot remember exactly, but this it basically what you need:

"To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect: