+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I filled web form a week ago but did not receive any answer. So today I called ircc and agent told me that officer didn’t opened my web form and they are still working on December web forms.

However, agent sent me same list of documents mentioned above. He also told me to send everything using web form when I collect all the documents.

(1) My question Is that is it full proof that they will check my all web form becuase I know I have to submit multiple web form to submit everything.

I also seen that some time they open separate space spouse documents on portal.

(2) should I wait for web form reply OR follow the agent instructions?

(3) can anyone comfirm which form should I fill and which form my spouse should fill?

(4) also they didnot ask for marriage photographs or any relation assessment form. So should I attach some marriage picture in LOE?

(5) when will my spouse receive Biometric letter after submitting all the documents?

thank you
  1. They will eventually read it.
  2. You will receive the same instructions, so it's up to you if you want to save time or not.
  3. Read this forum, there are multiple entries on that. I've responded to that multiple times. Just don't have that handy now.
  4. This is not a sponsorship application, there is a huge difference. Don't confuse things.
  5. Eventually close to when the application is ready to being approved,thers is really no way to know nor an answer other than, at some point in time.

patelyogesh2

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
  1. They will eventually read it.
  2. You will receive the same instructions, so it's up to you if you want to save time or not.
  3. Read this forum, there are multiple entries on that. I've responded to that multiple times. Just don't have that handy now.
  4. This is not a sponsorship application, there is a huge difference. Don't confuse things.
  5. Eventually close to when the application is ready to being approved,thers is really no way to know nor an answer other than, at some point in time.
Thank you very much for your response.

Still I do not understand why people fill separate IMM 008 for primary applicant and dependent.

patelyogesh2

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Yes, you have to fill the forms for both of you.

I just realized what your problem is, just fill the following forms as follows:
  • imm0008enu_2d --> fill this only for yourself (not for both)
  • imm008depenu --> fill this for your wife only (not for both)
  • imm5406e --> fill this one for both
  • imm5669e --> fill this for your wife only (not both)
I think you were filling the first one for both of you, which you shouldn't do.

Also, I hyperlinked the forms, so you can just click on them to download each of the forms.

Don't forget you also need to upload:
  • Your wife's passport (bio page and any additional page with stamps)
  • Any applicable Police certificates (from the countries where she's lived for 6 or more months during the past 10 years)
  • eMedical tracking sheet for Upfront Medicals (not mandatory at this stage but recommended)
  • Receipt of payment (including PRPF, Biometrics fee, and RPRF [optional])
  • Marriage certificate, with translation if needed
  • Your wife's birth certificate, with translation if needed
  • Letter of Explanation.
Hope this clarifies!
why we need to fill imm 008depenu for spouse because ircc website is telling that if you have more then 5 dependents then fill imm008depenu.

Reference: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/complete-0008-5669.html

I called ircc and they told me to fill imm 5406e only for my spouse because agent told me that they already have information about my family they do not need it from me.

As per agent instructions, only imm008 should fill by me and other two should fill by my spouse.

Can you please confirm that for whom did you fill the forms? Any Additional documents requested afterwords?
Thank you

JRathod

Nov 4, 2020
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-08-2020
Doc's Request.
26-03-2021
AOR Received.
12-10-2020
Med's Request
23-11-2020
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
12-10-2021
I added via webform(26 Nov) my common law partner after AOR(18th Oct), they acknowledged the receipt of web form(18th Dec). But the its not yet assessed by officer, I see no movements in application regarding Common law partner.

JRathod

Nov 4, 2020
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-08-2020
Doc's Request.
26-03-2021
AOR Received.
12-10-2020
Med's Request
23-11-2020
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
12-10-2021
Hi,
I added my Common law partner after AOR in my CEC application as an accompanying partner.
Can someone please tell me if I will need to show proof of funds(POF)? As of now, I was not supposed to show POF because IRCC says CEC applicants don't need to show POF. But I am not sure about case after Adding the Cmmon law partner

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi,
I added my Common law partner after AOR in my CEC application as an accompanying partner.
Can someone please tell me if I will need to show proof of funds(POF)? As of now, I was not supposed to show POF because IRCC says CEC applicants don't need to show POF. But I am not sure about case after Adding the Cmmon law partner
No POF needed for CEC applications, period.

Reactions: JRathod

JRathod

Nov 4, 2020
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-08-2020
Doc's Request.
26-03-2021
AOR Received.
12-10-2020
Med's Request
23-11-2020
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
12-10-2021
No POF needed for CEC applications, period.
Thanks for your reply..
Can you confirm even if she doesn't have a job yet. And I have a job. Still we won't need to show POFs right?

Claudio ALB

Jan 7, 2021
Thank you! Well I informed IRCC of my marriage on April 7th. I haven't heard from them since. So far the only update on my application is medicals passed. The progress bar shows 43 days remaining. Feels like a really long wait but hanging in there.
Hi guys. Can you tell me something more about your experience after this moment?

Thank you in advance

Deejayy

Jan 30, 2021
Hi guys,

I am trying to add my wife to my application, I rasied a webfrom on the 7th of Jan with just the wedding certificate to inform them of the marriage and my intention to add her. I stumbled on this thread and decided to get all the documents and forms they would ask of me, She has done medicals upfront and I have completed all the forms, however, I am yet to get a response to my initial webform.

I saw on here that I can go ahead and send them these documents even if I am yet to get the response so I tried raising another webform but I am unable to attach the document because of the 2mb limit. The file is 4.7mb and I can't compress it any lower.

Please how can I upload the entire application?

@Wolfpmd3 Please a response would be appreciated.

Thank you

patelyogesh2

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Hi guys,

I am trying to add my wife to my application, I rasied a webfrom on the 7th of Jan with just the wedding certificate to inform them of the marriage and my intention to add her. I stumbled on this thread and decided to get all the documents and forms they would ask of me, She has done medicals upfront and I have completed all the forms, however, I am yet to get a response to my initial webform.

I saw on here that I can go ahead and send them these documents even if I am yet to get the response so I tried raising another webform but I am unable to attach the document because of the 2mb limit. The file is 4.7mb and I can't compress it any lower.

Thank you
stay in touch. I raised webform on first week of January and did not receive response yet.

For imm 0008, just print it as pdf and then compress it using any online services, like-ilovepdf.com. My form was reduced to 1.9MB with good quality.

I sent all files separately using 3 webforms. You can attach multiple files in one webform but individual file should not be more than 2 mb and total 3.5 MB you can attach to one weform.

Last edited:

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi guys,

Thank you
You must compress the files. There is no other way. If you can in your computer try googling it as there are a bunch of website that can do this for you.

None of the IRCC provided forms when filled would be over the size limit.

You will need at least 3-4 webforms to be able to attach all the forms and documents to you need.

Deejayy

Jan 30, 2021
You must compress the files. There is no other way. If you can in your computer try googling it as there are a bunch of website that can do this for you.

None of the IRCC provided forms when filled would be over the size limit.

You will need at least 3-4 webforms to be able to attach all the forms and documents to you need.

Thanks for the response, I didn't know I could raise multiple webforms for the request.

I was able to compress it but I'm scared about the quality of the PDF as it is barely visible.

Is it advisable to raise another one with the clearer pdfs and maybe raise it 2 or 3 times?

Deejayy

Jan 30, 2021
stay in touch. I raised webform on first week of January and did not receive response yet.

For imm 0008, just print it as pdf and then compress it using any online services, like-ilovepdf.com. My form was reduced to 1.9MB with good quality.

I send all files separately using 3 webforms. You attached multiple files in one webform but individual file should be more than 2 mb and total 3.5 MB you can attach to one weform.

Thank you for your response.

I did not realize I could raise multiple webforms for a single request.

I think I'll explore that option.

Thanks.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thanks for the response, I didn't know I could raise multiple webforms for the request.

I was able to compress it but I'm scared about the quality of the PDF as it is barely visible.

Is it advisable to raise another one with the clearer pdfs and maybe raise it 2 or 3 times?
If you need to submit multiple files, you will likely need more than 1 webform. Just make sure to type why you are sending these forms each time so that they know what they are dealing with.

In my case I submitted 4 webforms with all the documents. Don't make the quality so crappy so that anything is barely visible only to be able to submit it all in a single webform. Simply submit and many as you need and that is it. Don't worry about it.