+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

patelyogesh2

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I submitted documents to add spouse on Dec 30th and got a response to the webform on Jan 29th. My application was just updated with dependent info (UCI for spouse) but the documents I uploaded are not reflecting. Please how long does it take for the documents to reflect and medicals to be passed because we did upfront medicals.
How do you know dependent added into file?
after webform reply, how many days it took to reflect in your profile?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,
My AOR is FEB16,2020. I passed eligibility, criminality and security in June 2020. At the beginning, I applied as unaccompanying spouse, saying the reason because my wife was studying in QC. In July, after I already passed all, I received a letter from the officer saying that I can add my spouse as an accompanying even though she is studying in QC. I already added her to the application. My concern since that time is CRS recalculation, because if this happens I won’t be eligible. Will this could happen?
FYI, I’m always following up with the status and it is still every thing pass till now
If you add your spouse after AOR, your points are not recalculated and your CRS will not change.

Your spouse will not have to provide language test scores nor work experience/education documents. Don't worry.

Reactions: mrabusrea

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
They'll show up in your application in your IRCC account.

As for timeline, there is now way to know. Could be a couple weeks to a few months, specially now when they are so delayed.

patelyogesh2

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
If you add your spouse after AOR, your points are not recalculated and your CRS will not change.

Your spouse will not have to provide language test scores nor work experience/education documents. Don't worry.
But he is telling that, he applied as unaccompanying spouse, so he was married before the AOR. hence, points are going to be recalculate as per section 11.2.

if officer told you to do that then I don't know anything.

source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Last edited:

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Hi,

Did anybody recently raise a webform to add their spouse to their application.

( I raised a webform on January 18th 2021 to add my spouse, but did not receive any response! It's been more than 30 days.

I raised a couple other webforms on January 30th to submit my marriage certificate and one yesterday asking for an acknowledgement of my earlier raised webforms.

@legalfalcon Wondering if the new 30 day IRCC clock to reply to webform is reset every time a new webform is raised?)

Also checking with you guys on, how many days did IRCC take to respond to you and opened the portal for uploading your spouse's documents?

patelyogesh2

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Hi,

( I raised a webform on January 18th 2021 to add my spouse, but did not receive any response! It's been more than 30 days.

I raised a couple other webforms on January 30th to submit my marriage certificate and one yesterday asking for an acknowledgement of my earlier raised webforms.

@legalfalcon Wondering if the new 30 day IRCC clock to reply to webform is reset every time a new webform is raised?)

Also checking with you guys on, how many days did IRCC take to respond to you and opened the portal for uploading your spouse's documents?
I have same question.

for your information.
I raised first webform on 2nd jan and received response on 1st feb. Second one on 22th jan and still waiting for response.

What is your AOR?
And current status of file and VO?

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
I have same question.

for your information.
I raised first webform on 2nd jan and received response on 1st feb. Second one on 22th jan and still waiting for response.

What is your AOR?
And current status of file and VO?
AOR Feb 2020
CEC inland
Ordered y GCMS notes yesterday to check my status and VO. Called an agent last week and he said everything looks good on my file. Not sure what he meant

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,

Currently there are extensive delays. You will get a response eventually, just have to be patient and wait.

Reactions: kavish.shaikh1

mrabusrea

Mar 5, 2018

Do you have any experience about any similar case?

Phan123

Sep 28, 2020
I received a message that my application has been updated. When I checked, I saw a new dependent tab was created under my biometrics number. I got acknowledgement of documents via webform on Jan 29th and my profile was updated two weeks later.

Mr. Khan91

Mar 6, 2021
Hello Guys,

I’ve received AOR (Express entry FSW) on 22nd Feb 2019. Got married on 11th May 2019. I’ve requested to add spouse immediately after marriage and they’ve responded after month and a half requesting documents for spouse. I’ve submitted all documents and got confirmation of receipt for spousal documents on 7/24/2019. After that I haven’t heard anything from them. I’ve exceeded 20 days from the 6 months usual timeline. If anybody with similar situation, just wanted to know how long it usually takes till someone get fingerprints request for spouse followed by PPR?

Thanks.
Hi chintan42patel, Can you please tell :
1. Did they ask you for proof of funds for spouse as well ?
2. If yes, then please let me know that when you first applied, you required $12,960 for yourself. But in case of spouse we require $16,135. So, were your proof of funds already enough/more for spouse at the time your primary application submission I mean more than $16,135 at the first place? Or did you add more money to show the proof of funds for spouse at a later stage?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi chintan42patel, Can you please tell :
1. Did they ask you for proof of funds for spouse as well ?
2. If yes, then please let me know that when you first applied, you required $12,960 for yourself. But in case of spouse we require $16,135. So, were your proof of funds already enough/more for spouse at the time your primary application submission I mean more than $16,135 at the first place? Or did you add more money to show the proof of funds for spouse at a later stage?
If you didn't apply under CEC then you need to show proof of funds according to the total number of people included in the application according to this:

Number of
family members
Funds required
(in Canadian dollars)
1$12,960
2$16,135
3$19,836
4$24,083
5$27,315
6$30,806
7$34,299
For each additional family member$3,492

If it is just you and your spouse the amount of 16,135 CAD is correct.

If your initial proof of funds was below this amount you will need to update this (via WEBFORM) and show that you have enough funds, at least 16,135.

You will also have to show those funds upon landing or else you will not be granted PR status.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi,

I raised mine on Feb 24th to add my spouse.
Do we have to wait for IRCC to provide with the list of documents or can we upload it "Upfront" in the webform inquiry?
@legalfalcon : Any thoughts?