+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Mrs A.

Feb 1, 2021
Hi guys, I submitted all documents as requested on the 20th March. Husband added as dependent today and bil issued too.

Reactions: Deejayy

Deejayy

Jan 30, 2021
Hi @Wolfpmd3, How do I know when my Spouse's medicals is passed? She has been added with her UCI and BIL issued, her biometrics has also been updated but I can't tell if her medicals is passed. The medical details are just mine.

Mrs A.

Feb 1, 2021
Hi @Wolfpmd3, How do I know when my Spouse's medicals is passed? She has been added with her UCI and BIL issued, her biometrics has also been updated but I can't tell if her medicals is passed. The medical details are just mine.

Your own medical date changes to a recent date

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
In the section "review of medical results", you will see this date updated to a recent date with the same message "You passed the medical exam", once your spouse's are passed.

Kejsi

Mar 3, 2020
Hello,
I got married on March 5th, 2021 and raised a webform on March 9 informing them regarding this change. Today they sent me this email:

Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).
We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.
Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

When can I expect to receive the list of required documents for my husband?
Thanks

(FSW-O AOR January 5th)

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Hello,
I got married on March 5th, 2021 and raised a webform on March 9 informing them regarding this change. Today they sent me this email:

Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).
We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.
Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

When can I expect to receive the list of required documents for my husband?
Thanks

(FSW-O AOR January 5th)
You do not wait until they send the package. If you already gathered all required documents, you can proactively send them to IRCC via webform. Since it wastes of time waiting for them to send us, take up to 30 days to respond 1 request.

Kejsi

Mar 3, 2020
You do not wait until they send the package. If you already gathered all required documents, you can proactively send them to IRCC via webform. Since it wastes of time waiting for them to send us, take up to 30 days to respond 1 request.
I thought about this, but I'm not sure what documents they will require. ( I know for the forms, medicals, criminality but they might require more).
Has anyone sent the documents prior to the request of IRCC?

Thanks

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
I sent my request a month ago but they have not replied. I submitted all documents in advance through the web form. Here is the list that they normally send to you:
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Kejsi

Mar 3, 2020
I sent my request a month ago but they have not replied. I submitted all documents in advance through the web form. Here is the list that they normally send to you:
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

I will consider this option as well. Thank you very much! :)

bpink

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
@Wolfpmd3I received a request letter on March 21 asking me for client information: application fees for spouse within 7 days. I had submitted documents on March 16 to add spouse after getting married in December. My AOR is April 2020. My spouse showed up as dependent on myCIC account on March 20. I have already included the receipt of payment of processing fees for my spouse with the documents I had submitted. I have sent a webform informing CIC of the same. What should I do about this since webforms usually take longer than 7 days to process and I have been asked to upload the document on myCIC account within 7 days while there is no placeholder on myCIC account as well?
Hello there! May I ask what additional documents were asked when you added your wife after AOR? Thank you!

Mpatel16

Feb 4, 2021
In the section "review of medical results", you will see this date updated to a recent date with the same message "You passed the medical exam", once your spouse's are passed.
Hello again,

my spouse got added to the profile and got UCI number as well since then it has been 1.5 months passed i have not received BIL nor my spouse's medical was approved. generally how long it can take?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello again,

my spouse got added to the profile and got UCI number as well since then it has been 1.5 months passed i have not received BIL nor my spouse's medical was approved. generally how long it can take?
There is no answer.... Days, weeks, months... year...

No way to know, sit tight and wait.