+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
I just got a message from CIC, they requested to upload a list of documents which I already submitted via web form last month. They confirmed receiving them but now asking for the same thing.
I don't know what was going on, should I reupload them since my CIC account status changed to Your Action is Required.
Does someone had the same situation?
I appreciate your help.
The following information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information available and could be rejected. 1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $825, a RPRF of $500 and a fee of $85 for biometrics must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:  Go to our Online Payment webpage;
 Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed;
 Select the “Immigration” link, followed by the category in which you applied for permanent residence;
 Enter the number of fee payments (1) in the box beside the corresponding fee;
 Click “Submit”.
Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format. Please upload your receipt directly to your MyCIC account.
2. A recent photograph of your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)
The photograph must be taken accordingly to our specifications. 3. Forms  Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);  Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);  A completed and signed by your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669;  Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);  If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union. 4. Documents  Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate;  Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport;  If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate;  If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate. 5. Police certificate We require a scanned copy of a police certificate for all countries where your spouse or CLP has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates after their stay in these countries. 6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached). 7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
- Relationship photos: Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max);
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max). 8. Medical certificate
Your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) and their dependent children, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.
If you have already completed the Immigration medical examination, please provide proof of completion.
Please note:
Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents using your IRCC secure account within the time frame indicated above.
Once the deadline has passed, the ability to upload your document will be deactivated. If you are unable to provide the requested document within the time frame provided, we recommend that you write an explanation and upload it in lieu of the requested document(s).
For general questions and to check the status of your application, please use the following online available to you on IRCC website:
Check your

Reactions: Kejsi

Harlan

Nov 28, 2018
I am FSW-O also, I got married on March 5, 2021 and raised a webform on March 9 where I informed IRCC for the marriage but I also sent the marriage certificate and a scan of my spouse passport. On 1st of April I received an email where they acknowledge receipt of documents but nothing else . A few days ago I called IRCC but they told me that I have to wait for the email in order to submit the documents. Did you submitted the marriage certificate when you raised the webform?
I did not attach any documents when I was informing them initially through the web form. I waited for their request.

Kejsi

Mar 3, 2020
I just got a message from CIC, they requested to upload a list of documents which I already submitted via web form last month. They confirmed receiving them but now asking for the same thing.
I don't know what was going on, should I reupload them since my CIC account status changed to Your Action is Required.
Does someone had the same situation?
I appreciate your help.
The following information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information available and could be rejected. 1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $825, a RPRF of $500 and a fee of $85 for biometrics must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:  Go to our Online Payment webpage;
 Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed;
 Select the “Immigration” link, followed by the category in which you applied for permanent residence;
 Enter the number of fee payments (1) in the box beside the corresponding fee;
 Click “Submit”.
Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format. Please upload your receipt directly to your MyCIC account.
2. A recent photograph of your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)
The photograph must be taken accordingly to our specifications. 3. Forms  Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);  Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);  A completed and signed by your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669;  Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);  If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union. 4. Documents  Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate;  Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport;  If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate;  If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate. 5. Police certificate We require a scanned copy of a police certificate for all countries where your spouse or CLP has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates after their stay in these countries. 6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached). 7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
- Relationship photos: Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max);
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max). 8. Medical certificate
Your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) and their dependent children, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.
If you have already completed the Immigration medical examination, please provide proof of completion.
Please note:
Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents using your IRCC secure account within the time frame indicated above.
Once the deadline has passed, the ability to upload your document will be deactivated. If you are unable to provide the requested document within the time frame provided, we recommend that you write an explanation and upload it in lieu of the requested document(s).
For general questions and to check the status of your application, please use the following online available to you on IRCC website:
Check your
Hello, are you FSW or CEC? Could you gently provide your AOR and the date when you initially informed CIC? I am getting really worried that they havent sent me a request for my spouse’s doc yet

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Hello Members

I received a request to submit documents for spouse. However, they have not asked for Wife's valid passport or police clearance certificate (as I have seen in this thread for other people). Should I submit the passport and PCC of wife even if they have not requested or just submit the requirements that they have asked for?

Another thing is that they have asked for birth certificate or marriage certificate? Can we submit either of the two ? Or do we have to submit both? My wife's name on birth certificate does not match with the passport so it may raise a concern.

Thanks
Please submit both if you have them. Thats what i did exactly. In your form, there is a place they asked if you have ever used any other name or alias. I think you should also fill it in there because if you say no and here in the documents, it showing a different name, that means you are giving a false information.

Reactions: Harlan

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Please what is the average time it takes for IRCC to Update gckey account after sending all the required documents of your spouse for add-on?
I am a protected person, my medical have been passed and IRCC sent me an email and also sent a letter to my house requesting me to submit an application for my spouse as soon as possible.

What will be their next line of action?

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Hello, are you FSW or CEC? Could you gently provide your AOR and the date when you initially informed CIC? I am getting really worried that they havent sent me a request for my spouse’s doc yet
Im CEC.
Request+Send docs in advance by Mar 22 via webform
Confirmation of receiving: Apr 20
Documents review: Apr 28
Request submit again docs: Apr 30

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
My spouse was added to MyCIC account today. :D
Lucas please can you share your timeline? When exactly did you send your spouse add on? I uploaded my spouse add-on last week through MyCIC account an also sent them same document by post which was delivered to them today. I don't know what will happen next. Please kindly share. Am anxious

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Lucas please can you share your timeline? When exactly did you send your spouse add on? I uploaded my spouse add-on last week through MyCIC account and also sent them same document by post which was delivered to them today. I don't know what will happen next. Please kindly share. Am anxious
First, I sent them an announcement about marriage change and attached all required documents through webform such as IMM0008, spouse passport, police cerf, medical exam, RPRF receipt ( you can find the list of documents on the previous post) on Mar 28, 2021.
Apr 22, 2021: They confirmed that received all my documents.
Apr 28, 2021: They reviewed documents, I received a ghost update in my CIC account.
Apr 30, 2021: They sent a message: Request letter that requested additional documents: Some docs were already submitted so I wrote a letter of explanation to them, some docs have not been submitted such as a Relationship assessment for both of us, Proof of relation, and living together. I submitted them this time.
May 3, 2021: I uploaded those documents through my CIC account.
May 4, 2021: I received another ghost update, I checked and found out they added my spouse as a dependant: UCI, Biometric#.
Also yesterday, I called to speak to an agent, asked her why I got a request for documents which already submitted and received. She told me it was a generic letter, if you did submit, you just write a letter telling them and attach what you haven't submitted. It's a chance for you to send support documents.

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
First, I sent them an announcement about marriage change and attached all required documents through webform such as IMM0008, spouse passport, police cerf, medical exam, RPRF receipt ( you can find the list of documents on the previous post) on Mar 28, 2021.
Apr 22, 2021: They confirmed that received all my documents.
Apr 28, 2021: They reviewed documents, I received a ghost update in my CIC account.
Apr 30, 2021: They sent a message: Request letter that requested additional documents: Some docs were already submitted so I wrote a letter of explanation to them, some docs have not been submitted such as a Relationship assessment for both of us, Proof of relation, and living together. I submitted them this time.
May 3, 2021: I uploaded those documents through my CIC account.
May 4, 2021: I received another ghost update, I checked and found out they added my spouse as a dependant: UCI, Biometric#.
Also yesterday, I called to speak to an agent, asked her why I got a request for documents which already submitted and received. She told me it was a generic letter, if you did submit, you just write a letter telling them and attach what you haven't submitted. It's a chance for you to send support documents.
Thanks a lot Lucas for this detailed explainantion.

tegbir_93

May 28, 2019
The idea is that you should at least inform IRCC as soon as possible about your change in marital status.

I am not aware of any deadline, I'have seen some people in the forum who were given 30 days to submit these documents or so. In my case it was not like this, I was just told to submit the documents if I wished to add my spouse to my application as a dependent.

This is exactly the response I received when I used the WebForm about my change in marital status:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Useful tips

• If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.
We hope you will find this information helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way you submit these documents is by using as many WebForms as needed. In my case it took 4. Because there is a limit in the total size of the documents (I think 3.5 MB overall) you will surely need at least a couple WebForms to do this).

Also, I would suggest that as soon as you get married to gather the documents and have them translated (if needed). Since you don't need any supporting documentation for Education or Work Experience, it should be pretty easy. It took me about 1 week (due to translations).

I took a month to do this. Even if they have finished processing your application you are okay because this would just mean they would re-open your file and assess the supporting documentation for your new dependent and then take a final decision.
@Wolfpmd3

Could you share information for which forms you filled for principal applicant and which ones for spouse? Especially the IMM5669, Did you fill that for both - principal applicant and spouse or just for spouse?

Last edited:

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
@Wolfpmd3

Could you share information for which forms you filled for principal applicant and which ones for spouse? Especially the IMM5669, Did you fill that for both - principal applicant and spouse or just for spouse?
Can't remember now, if you look under other posts I've answered that exact questions many times.

I'll provide an answer once I have my laptop handy and can check on it.

tegbir_93

May 28, 2019
Can't remember now, if you look under other posts I've answered that exact questions many times.

I'll provide an answer once I have my laptop handy and can check on it.
@Wolfpmd3

It would be great if you can check your laptop and let me know about it when you have it laptop handy. I am confused about IMM5669. If that needs to be filled by by both - principal applicant and spouse. If I submit it again for myself (principal applicant) then it might cause inconsistency in data that I have already submitted in previous express entry profile. I don't remember the exact dates I have put into personal history and address history section.