+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Kejsi

Mar 3, 2020
Hello!
I am FSW-outland AOR January 2021. I applied as a single applicant and then I got married on March. I have to submit my spouse documents now.
I might have a problem with his criminal record. When he was 16 he was convicted for “Opposing the official of the public order police”. He didn't went to jail but was in probation for 1.5 years. Now it has passed 9.5 years and when he got his Police Certificate it says “has never been convicted”. Is he considered inadmissible? Or Is he considered rehabilitated? If not, does anybody knows when should he apply for rehabilitation? After sending the police certificate at IRCC or before?
Any help would be highly appreciates!
Thank you

arjmishr03

Apr 17, 2021
The idea is that you should at least inform IRCC as soon as possible about your change in marital status.

I am not aware of any deadline, I'have seen some people in the forum who were given 30 days to submit these documents or so. In my case it was not like this, I was just told to submit the documents if I wished to add my spouse to my application as a dependent.

This is exactly the response I received when I used the WebForm about my change in marital status:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Useful tips

• If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.
We hope you will find this information helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way you submit these documents is by using as many WebForms as needed. In my case it took 4. Because there is a limit in the total size of the documents (I think 3.5 MB overall) you will surely need at least a couple WebForms to do this).

Also, I would suggest that as soon as you get married to gather the documents and have them translated (if needed). Since you don't need any supporting documentation for Education or Work Experience, it should be pretty easy. It took me about 1 week (due to translations).

I took a month to do this. Even if they have finished processing your application you are okay because this would just mean they would re-open your file and assess the supporting documentation for your new dependent and then take a final decision.
Hi,

I also followed the same process and used 2 Web Forms to send the documents.

I wanted to check- by when should I expect the additional dependant details reflect on my IRCC GCkey account?
Do I need to do anything manually?

Thanks a lot.
A

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
At what point is your add-on spouse in oversea expected to appear in your gckey? Approximately how many months after submitting her documents to IRCC?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi,

I also followed the same process and used 2 Web Forms to send the documents.

I wanted to check- by when should I expect the additional dependant details reflect on my IRCC GCkey account?
Do I need to do anything manually?

Thanks a lot.
A
There is no timeline, It could be a few days, weeks, months.

No need to do anything.

S sharma

May 17, 2021
My case is marriage not common law.
1/ 15 pic of building the relationship: any pics which you took together on some occasions.
2/ 15 pic of wedding photo
3/ Bank Statement and drive license show the same address.
Hi

AOR 16 DEC 2020
Married : 16 Feb 2021
informed ircc about marriage : 24 Feb 2021
IMM forms request received : 12Mar 2021
Submitted forms, LOE through web form : 10 APR 2021
Received confirmation on 22 APR

Nothing has been added in CIC account nor the ghost update .Did you got the request to update in CIC account or you just uploaded upfront

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Hi

AOR 16 DEC 2020
Married : 16 Feb 2021
informed ircc about marriage : 24 Feb 2021
IMM forms request received : 12Mar 2021
Submitted forms, LOE through web form : 10 APR 2021
Received confirmation on 22 APR

Nothing has been added in CIC account nor the ghost update .Did you got the request to update in CIC account or you just uploaded upfront
You can read my previous comments. I posted detailed timeline.
They only updated and added your spouse when they had reviewed your docs. Confirmation of receipt doesn't mean they review it. It means the agent received your docs and initialize a request to the processing agent.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
A quick question. I sent 2 webforms with documents attached in each request. I received an acknowledgement only for the first form. Does IRCC acknowledge the second form as well ?

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
A quick question. I sent 2 webforms with documents attached in each request. I received an acknowledgement only for the first form. Does IRCC acknowledge the second form as well ?
I sent 5 web forms because I had many docs. They confirmed receiving them all in 1 email.

Hope187

May 18, 2021
Hi All,
I have my FSW Outland application from India with AOR Dec 2019 in process. Due to covid I haven’t received any updates about PPR and still waiting. I recently got married in India and my wife is a Canadian Permanent Resident living in Canada. I have the following questions in regard to my application:
1. Will the change in marital status further slow down my application processing?
2. Whom should I email about the marital status change and what documents should be uploaded?
3. Is there a chance of getting a TRV approved after marriage as they are usually rejected?
Thank you so much in advance. Any advice or suggestions would highly be appreciated.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi All,
I have my FSW Outland application from India with AOR Dec 2019 in process. Due to covid I haven’t received any updates about PPR and still waiting. I recently got married in India and my wife is a Canadian Permanent Resident living in Canada. I have the following questions in regard to my application:
1. Will the change in marital status further slow down my application processing?
2. Whom should I email about the marital status change and what documents should be uploaded?
3. Is there a chance of getting a TRV approved after marriage as they are usually rejected?
Thank you so much in advance. Any advice or suggestions would highly be appreciated.
From what I gathered so far, a change in status does cause for extra processing time. But considering your wife is a Canadian Resident am not really sure if you need to add her to the application.
Raise a webform to ask/submit documents regarding the change in status.

Reactions: Hope187

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Hi All,
Since your spouse already has her permanent status. You just need to update your marriage status.
You create a web form or call them and they will send you an email with the necessary docs.
Of course, it will cause a bit of delay. Your case will move faster since your spouse has her status and doesn't accompany you to Canada.

Reactions: Hope187

Hope187

May 18, 2021
From what I gathered so far, a change in status does cause for extra processing time. But considering your wife is a Canadian Resident am not really sure if you need to add her to the application.
Raise a webform to ask/submit documents regarding the change in status.
Thank you for your response. I will raise a webform and try to get an update. Also, do you know of anyway I will be able to travel to Canada if the PR processing takes longer, its been already more than 1.5 years since my AOR. I am not sure how the family reunification works if you do not have a TRV.

Hope187

May 18, 2021
Since your spouse already has her permanent status. You just need to update your marriage status.
You create a web form or call them and they will send you an email with the necessary docs.
Of course, it will cause a bit of delay. Your case will move faster since your spouse has her status and doesn't accompany you to Canada.
Thank you, even I hope there is no additional delays as its already been 1.5 years and counting. Is there any way for me to travel to Canada to meet my wife if the PR processing takes longer?