+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse after AOR

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Did you submit wedding photos ? Which VO?
Wedding photos? That is NOT something you need to submit in this cases. Make sure you go read the difference between a spousal sponsorship application and adding an spouse to an existing in process PR application.

Damoy

Apr 8, 2021
Wedding photos? That is NOT something you need to submit in this cases. Make sure you go read the difference between a spousal sponsorship application and adding an spouse to an existing in process PR application.
Thank you for the response. I was told in the webform replied by IRCC to submit Letter of Explanation amongst what I'd need to submit in spouse addition documents. Please can you put me through how to go about it or share a template LOE with me.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thank you for the response. I was told in the webform replied by IRCC to submit Letter of Explanation amongst what I'd need to submit in spouse addition documents. Please can you put me through how to go about it or share a template LOE with me.
That's only to add any details as to why you are submitting these documents. You don't need any template... Just state this.

Last edited:

nithin.canada

Feb 24, 2019
Hello there,
Do we need to update our passport to show spouse name after marriage or marriage certificate is enough? Indian passport has a separate field for spouse name, any idea guys?
Thanks in advance.
@Wolfpmd3

Harlan

Nov 28, 2018
Hello Members

I received a request to submit documents for spouse. However, they have not asked for Wife's valid passport or police clearance certificate (as I have seen in this thread for other people). Should I submit the passport and PCC of wife even if they have not requested or just submit the requirements that they have asked for?

Another thing is that they have asked for birth certificate or marriage certificate? Can we submit either of the two ? Or do we have to submit both? My wife's name on birth certificate does not match with the passport so it may raise a concern.

Thanks

Kejsi

Mar 3, 2020
Hello Members

I received a request to submit documents for spouse. However, they have not asked for Wife's valid passport or police clearance certificate (as I have seen in this thread for other people). Should I submit the passport and PCC of wife even if they have not requested or just submit the requirements that they have asked for?

Another thing is that they have asked for birth certificate or marriage certificate? Can we submit either of the two ? Or do we have to submit both? My wife's name on birth certificate does not match with the passport so it may raise a concern.

Thanks
Hi, are you FSW/CEC/PNP Inland or outland? And when did you raise the webform to add your spouse?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello Members

Thanks
It's been posted multiple times, by me and other members (I think in this same thread) multiple times the documents you should upload in order to add your spouse to your application.

Stick to that list and you will be fine.

As to incorrect names, that's probable something you should fix with your country's authorities to make sure they have written your name correctly in any official government issued documents.

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Just a quick update,
I submitted additional documents on Mar 29
They acknowledged receiving my documents on Apr 20
They reviewed my request on Apr 28.

Skybrow

Apr 28, 2021
I want to my wife after AOR,
Initially I selected non accompanying spouse to my application,
Is it possible to send webform and saying I want to add my wife to this application?

Harlan

Nov 28, 2018
Hi, are you FSW/CEC/PNP Inland or outland? And when did you raise the webform to add your spouse?
I am FSW Outland applicant. I got married on 26 March 2021. Raised webform on 15 April 2021 to inform IRCC. Received the response on 26 April 2021 with a document request.

Reactions: Kejsi

Harlan

Nov 28, 2018
It's been posted multiple times, by me and other members (I think in this same thread) multiple times the documents you should upload in order to add your spouse to your application.

Stick to that list and you will be fine.

As to incorrect names, that's probable something you should fix with your country's authorities to make sure they have written your name correctly in any official government issued documents.
Hi Wolfpmd3

Thank you for your response. Just wanted to be sure as the thread contains certain documents that are not yet requested by IRCC in my case. Even then I am going to submit those documents that are included in this thread in order to avoid processing delays.

Kejsi

Mar 3, 2020
I am FSW Outland applicant. I got married on 26 March 2021. Raised webform on 15 April 2021 to inform IRCC. Received the response on 26 April 2021 with a document request.
I am FSW-O also, I got married on March 5, 2021 and raised a webform on March 9 where I informed IRCC for the marriage but I also sent the marriage certificate and a scan of my spouse passport. On 1st of April I received an email where they acknowledge receipt of documents but nothing else . A few days ago I called IRCC but they told me that I have to wait for the email in order to submit the documents. Did you submitted the marriage certificate when you raised the webform?

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
I am FSW-O also, I got married on March 5, 2021 and raised a webform on March 9 where I informed IRCC for the marriage but I also sent the marriage certificate and a scan of my spouse passport. On 1st of April I received an email where they acknowledge receipt of documents but nothing else . A few days ago I called IRCC but they told me that I have to wait for the email in order to submit the documents. Did you submitted the marriage certificate when you raised the webform?
If you read the previous comments, you should have well prepared. Dont wait until they ask for additional documents, it will cause extreme delay.
You can send a webform, announce to them that your marital status change and would like to add your spouse as well as attach all required and support documents. This way will save you a lot of time.