Dec 8, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Hi All,

i got married on Nov 22 and raised a CSE on 11 December and also sent an email to CPC Ottawa. Did not heard from them since then. What do you guys suggest. Should I wait or send them another email.

Iamsan

Dec 13, 2019
Hi Guys,

I am getting married after AOR. I got my AOR on 23 November and MEP on 12 December. I am getting married next week and I have few queries and need your valuable help here.

1) How and when can I inform CIC about my marriage?
2) Is there any documentation i have to do before the marriage?
3) what documents my spouse need in addition to PCC, medical and marriage certificate (I am not claiming any points for his education and experience)
4) When should my spouse get his PCC and medical done?
5) I (Primary applicant) and my spouse is on open work permit in canada, Does it impact us anyway?

I would highly appreciate your help in advance!

Regards

macaq

Dec 3, 2019
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-06-2019
Passport Req..
18-11-2020
Hi All,

i got married on Nov 22 and raised a CSE on 11 December and also sent an email to CPC Ottawa. Did not heard from them since then. What do you guys suggest. Should I wait or send them another email.
Hi,

This wait is normal. I did the same thing (Webform + email) and they sent a Request letter to me requesting all the documents from spouse through CIC website after 11 days. I heard that they can last up to 1 month to answer it, specially if you are in the beginning of the process after AOR.

macaq

Dec 3, 2019
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-06-2019
Passport Req..
18-11-2020
Hi Guys,

I am getting married after AOR. I got my AOR on 23 November and MEP on 12 December. I am getting married next week and I have few queries and need your valuable help here.

1) How and when can I inform CIC about my marriage? The early the better, I have informed in the same day of the marriage through webform and email to the responsible office. They answered to me after 11 days requesting documents directly via IRCC website.
2) Is there any documentation i have to do before the marriage? No, but you can start to prepare the Spouse birth certificate translation, the relationship photos and the documents related to proof of relationship (more details in the next question).
3) What documents my spouse need in addition to PCC, medical and marriage certificate (I am not claiming any points for his education and experience). It depends on each case, in my case they requested 4 different forms, birth certificate + translation, passport, relationship photos, proof of relationship (such as copy of bills or bank statements, etc) and a specific Relationship Assessment Questionnaire that they sent.
4) When should my spouse get his PCC and medical done? Only after they send you the Request letter.
5) I (Primary applicant) and my spouse is on open work permit in canada, Does it impact us anyway? I don't know, but I don't think it would affect anything.

I would highly appreciate your help in advance!

Regards

Easttowest123

Dec 25, 2019
I am under same situation. There is a section where i was asked to upload documents under the section: "Observations". Can anyone suggest what should be uploaded here?

simranj72

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
The kit might vary significantly from case to case but in my case, the following were requested off me:

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP
2. A recent photograph of your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)
3. Forms:
- Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);
- Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);
- A completed and signed by your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)Schedule A Background/Declaration IMM 5669;
- Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or common-law
partner (CLP);
- If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union.

4. Documents
- Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate;
- Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport;
- If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate;
- If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate.

5. Police certificate
6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire &
Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached).

7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
- Relationship photos: Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings
together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max);
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max).

8. Medical certificate
Hi, Can you please let me know of any status update on your application and how did you upload the documents. Please help me, I am in desperate need of help.

Mehdi86

Jan 6, 2020
Hello Guys,

I’ve received AOR (Express entry FSW) on 22nd Feb 2019. Got married on 11th May 2019. I’ve requested to add spouse immediately after marriage and they’ve responded after month and a half requesting documents for spouse. I’ve submitted all documents and got confirmation of receipt for spousal documents on 7/24/2019. After that I haven’t heard anything from them. I’ve exceeded 20 days from the 6 months usual timeline. If anybody with similar situation, just wanted to know how long it usually takes till someone get fingerprints request for spouse followed by PPR?

Thanks.
Hi
I have the same aor, had you receive your ppr??

Chichu456

Star Member
May 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancour
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-12-2019
AOR Received.
02-12-1991
Med's Request
07-07-2020
Med's Done....
23-07-2020
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2021
LANDED..........
18-09-2016
HI all,

Can we provide all the forms except the PCC and Medical for adding spouse after AOR by raising a Webform?

"Even before the CIC requests for ADR?"

Any response will be appreciated.!!

Thanks,

Hareesh H:rolleyes:

ABBIN

Apr 23, 2016
My PR application processing has been almost completed and received PPR. I got married during the process and contacted IRCC to update on the change in my marital status. I received a bunch of forms to be submitted to add my spouse to my application. I need your help in clarifying few doubts regarding forms:

1. Do we both (primary applicant and spouse) need to fill the generic application form IMM0008?

2. If we are filling generic application form IMM 0008, do we need to submit additional dependents/declaration form IMM 0008DEP?

3. How about forms IMM 5669 and IMM 5406, does it needs to be filled only for spouse or both (primary applicant and spouse)?

It would be great if someone can clear these doubts.

Cheers,
Abbin

ArunRag

Dec 17, 2019
Hey guys has anyone got ppr after adding spouse post AOR. My aor is 6th april and added spouse on 16th july. My vo is NDVO. Also hw long Does it take after biometrics request. Anyone with similar situation.?

Hey,
Hope all is well. How long did it take you and your spouse to get your PPR post Biometrics? Im stuck in the exact situation. PLEASE HELP!

A1495

Nov 18, 2019
Hello there! I am in a similar situation with you. My AOR was in November and I going to get married in early April. From my research, it varies. Some persons receive PPR 3 months after adding their spouse, others in 6 months. Also, as relating the the documents that will be required; here are those I have acquired during my research

An updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 "Additional Family Information" form for you

An updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 "Additional Family Information" form for spouse

A copy of spouse's brith certificate

A copy of marriage certificate

Photographs of wedding ceremony, reception, invites, honeymoon etc

Proof of relationship- emails, texts, photos- any documentation/proof of relationship

A copy of spouse's valid passport

Police certificates of spouse

Upfront medical for Spouse

Travel history for spouse

Letter of explanation

Fees.

If you want to keep in touch to see how my timeline will be affected just let me know. Mine is about to change since I will be getting married in a week!
how re you going to inform them that you are married now?

A1495

Nov 18, 2019
I am 3 nov 18 aor and got married in January 2019. I uploaded all my spouses documents by 27 feb.
Haven’t heard from them after that.
Does anyone know how long it takes post addition of spouse?

how did you inform IRCC/
how did you reache to step of submitting your spouse docs?

A1495

Nov 18, 2019
My PR application processing has been almost completed and received PPR. I got married during the process and contacted IRCC to update on the change in my marital status. I received a bunch of forms to be submitted to add my spouse to my application. I need your help in clarifying few doubts regarding forms:

1. Do we both (primary applicant and spouse) need to fill the generic application form IMM0008?

2. If we are filling generic application form IMM 0008, do we need to submit additional dependents/declaration form IMM 0008DEP?

3. How about forms IMM 5669 and IMM 5406, does it needs to be filled only for spouse or both (primary applicant and spouse)?

It would be great if someone can clear these doubts.

Cheers,
Abbin
how did you update regarding your marriage to IRCC?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello, I thought I'd share my time-line.

In my case after adding my spouse, it took only 10 business days to have my application approved. I added her after AOR.

Principal Applicant:
  • ITA: 01-05-2019
  • AOR: 02-05-2019 (up-front medicals)
  • Medicals Passed: 18/06/2019
  • RCMP request (submitted): 18/06/2019 (03/07/2019)
Spouse's Details:
  • Married: 14/12/2019 (married after application submitted)
  • Dependant spouse added: 20/01/2020 (up-front medicals)
  • Medicals Passed: 29/01/2020
  • Biometrics Requested (Taken): 31/01/2020 (03/02/2020)
  • Passport requested: 04/05/2020
Final Decision: 03/02/2020
Processing time: 9 months and 1 day (278 days)

Reactions: gotusk