+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi Visa Office - Overseas Dependent and Spouse

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
I am happy to report that my father has received an email for access to pre-arrival services which is an awesome sign. If I remember correctly, pre-arrival services mean that the background is done. Does anybody know for sure? Anyways I'm crossing my fingers to see more updates in the upcoming months and I wish the same for you all as well.

Reactions: MOHAMMEDN

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
I am happy to report that my father has received an email for access to pre-arrival services which is an awesome sign. If I remember correctly, pre-arrival services mean that the background is done. Does anybody know for sure? Anyways I'm crossing my fingers to see more updates in the upcoming months and I wish the same for you all as well.
Happy to hear that! Nice to see there is some progress going on. Pre-arrival means applicant passed Eligibility. Usually the last thing is security which also includes the medical exam. Expect some good news soon.

Reactions: Em W

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Abu Dhabi has requested a police certificate today. They have finally started processing the application.

@MOHAMMEDN You are next on the queue for sure as ours was forwarded to Abu Dhabi in late October 2021 and yours was in early November 2021.

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Abu Dhabi has requested a police certificate today. They have finally started processing the application.

@MOHAMMEDN You are next on the queue for sure as ours was forwarded to Abu Dhabi in late October 2021 and yours was in early November 2021.
Hopefully Best of luck to all of us. Keep us updated please. Good luck!

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
I hope so too. Will do. Likewise.
I just have a question, How often do you send enquires to Abu Dhabi? I usually send them once or twice a month. The last reply from them was on July 18th 2022, and they never replied after.

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
I just have a question, How often do you send enquires to Abu Dhabi? I usually send them once or twice a month. The last reply from them was on July 18th 2022, and they never replied after.
Well, for us personally and aside from uploading the required documents and clarifying the situation about having previous valid Biometrics, I have only reached out to AD once on April 21st and got a response on April 26th stating that the application is in the queue for a review by an officer.

My experience over the years is that sending multiple webforms didn't really help much. More like flooded their inbox and probably caused delays. Though I have to say that my local MP was able to make a breakthrough because the following day of us contacting him in October 2021, the spousal file was transferred to Abu Dhabi after sitting for 18 months at CPC-Mississauga. Could just be a huge coincidence though. Can't know for sure.

Bottom line is that I sent the checklist in December 2021 and have only submitted one inquiry in April. That's it.

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Well, for us personally and aside from uploading the required documents and clarifying the situation about having previous valid Biometrics, I have only reached out to AD once on April 21st and got a response on April 26th stating that the application is in the queue for a review by an officer.

My experience over the years is that sending multiple webforms didn't really help much. More like flooded their inbox and probably caused delays. Though I have to say that my local MP was able to make a breakthrough because the following day of us contacting him in October 2021, the spousal file was transferred to Abu Dhabi after sitting for 18 months at CPC-Mississauga. Could just be a huge coincidence though. Can't know for sure.

Bottom line is that I sent the checklist in December 2021 and have only submitted one inquiry in April. That's it.
Make sense for sure. But professional follow ups and requesting GCMS notes, in my opinion do not affect the processing time. The application and the process are already delayed lol. Lets keep each other posted. All the best!

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Make sense for sure. But professional follow ups and requesting GCMS notes, in my opinion do not affect the processing time. The application and the process are already delayed lol. Lets keep each other posted. All the best!
GCMS notes are helpful. I agree with professional follow-ups though the rate of those plays a role. I can hardly think of anything that IRCC will do when enquired twice a month. I also speculate that it was the reason behind you not receiving replies anymore.

I truly believe that if an applicant has not made an inquiry on file for a longer duration, that applicant has a higher chance of receiving a reply as opposed to the one who had continuous replies. I have been through that before. But then again, it's all relative to each one's circumstances.

Given how processing times are looking and heading to, I believe once every 2 months would be the sweet spot. I will be keeping you posted for sure. Please do the same if anything comes up. I'm hoping to see some progress on all the files.

It is amazing how both of us received the checklist at the exact same time yet fate has united us here. At least that would a benchmark for processing time and benefits the purpose of this forum. Good luck!

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
GCMS notes are helpful. I agree with professional follow-ups though the rate of those plays a role. I can hardly think of anything that IRCC will do when enquired twice a month. I also speculate that it was the reason behind you not receiving replies anymore.

I truly believe that if an applicant has not made an inquiry on file for a longer duration, that applicant has a higher chance of receiving a reply as opposed to the one who had continuous replies. I have been through that before. But then again, it's all relative to each one's circumstances.

Given how processing times are looking and heading to, I believe once every 2 months would be the sweet spot. I will be keeping you posted for sure. Please do the same if anything comes up. I'm hoping to see some progress on all the files.

It is amazing how both of us received the checklist at the exact same time yet fate has united us here. At least that would a benchmark for processing time and benefits the purpose of this forum. Good luck!
Well, something came up this month.
Because there were no replies from them since July 2022, I requested GCMS notes from CBSA on August 1 which makes it a day after completing 24 months of processing. After 30 days, I received a notice of extension for releasing these notes (September 1). When I looked up some of the extensions reasons and according to experts their feedback was the extension was because most likely the application is in the Security Screening stage. I think, somehow, they do not want to say that the application is actually in process lol. Rather they would just prefer to request something or finalize it.

9999Sam

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Guys, any update from Abu Dhabi VO.

I applied with family on January 2021.

I got my ECOPR June 2022 still didn't received the PR card yet.

In the PR portal I didn't mentioned my family while they are not in Canada.

Family Application received in Abu Dhabi(they request the application again) by DHL on February 2021 until now no any request even the medical.

Please let's update each other's. Thanks.

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Guys, any update from Abu Dhabi VO.

I applied with family on January 2021.

I got my ECOPR June 2022 still didn't received the PR card yet.

In the PR portal I didn't mentioned my family while they are not in Canada.

Family Application received in Abu Dhabi(they request the application again) by DHL on February 2021 until now no any request even the medical.

Please let's update each other's. Thanks.
Nothing at all. My family application has been transferred to Abu Dhabi since November 2021 and we are still waiting.

Last enquiry the replied that they have a huge increase in the applications and consequences are longer processing time.

9999Sam

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Nothing at all. My family application has been transferred to Abu Dhabi since November 2021 and we are still waiting.

Last enquiry the replied that they have a huge increase in the applications and consequences are longer processing time.
The timeline for Dependant family 12 months after main applicants got ecopr, so I think your family application will finish on November.

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
The timeline for Dependant family 12 months after main applicants got ecopr, so I think your family application will finish on November.
Hopefully. On her GCMS notes she passed everything but Eligibility and Security still not started.

This takes usually 2-3 months in Canada. I am not sure about Abu Dhabi.